Floyd Mayweather v. Canelo Alvarez 9/14/2013 MGM Grand - Page 5 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Floyd Mayweather v. Canelo Alvarez 9/14/2013 MGM Grand

This is a discussion on Floyd Mayweather v. Canelo Alvarez 9/14/2013 MGM Grand within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Boxing

Old 06-02-2013, 11:58 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Floyd Mayweather v. Canelo Alvarez 9/14/2013 MGM Grand

Quote:
Originally Posted by utexas
This fight is tailor made for Floyd. Alvarez is still a wild puncher that gets gassed and can be easily frustrated. Trout showed at least that much.
Canelo is considered an inaccurate puncher? Don't confuse power with inaccuracy.

He was landing the power pretty accurately against Trout.

Sponsors (you can remove in-post ad banners by registering or logging in)
Old 06-03-2013, 01:57 AM   #42
MVP

sheredia's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast
I'm looking forward to this fight for the same reason I always look forward to a May "Rich as Fffff" Weather fight... to see him lose.
At least finally this time he will be in with someone with skill and power who isn't either a million years old, or forced to balloon up to skill damaging weight.
Canelo has good head movement and knows how to box and take a punch. Not sure about his defense, though he has enough power to hurt Mayweather.
I will say this. Mayweather looked impressive against Mexican dude he fought last fight. lol I already forgot his name. But that could just be because he was terrible. lol. Dude had no head movement and was super slow.
Remember Mayweather complained of hurting his hand last fight and he's getting older soo Canelo winning isn't that much of a longshot.
his name was guerrero...lol...and he did look slow and no defense either. floyd never hurt him though. IF canelo can use some decent defense (head movement, bobbing and weaving) AND put alot of pressure on floyd inside or on the ropes, he may have a decent shot. canelo will have an edge powerwise, but it all depends on how often and hard is able to hit floyd. canelo can take a punch too. he has to pressure floyd ALL 12 rounds. maybe steal some rounds with punch volume or backing floyd up. canelo is a good body puncher too, so that helps if it happens to go the distance. IF he can hurt floyd, or make him work like cotto did, things will sure get interesting. floyd is relying on speed and experience. canelo on power and youth. canelo will have to impose his will on floyd to win this fight, plain and simple.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:00 AM   #43
MVP

OVR: 11
PS Network: LordHveMercy08

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
Trout lost, he wasn't strong enough. Floyd isn't as strong as Trout.

Floyd will be in a fight.

I hope Canelo isn't rehydrating with Coronas.
Floyd will be in a fight for about the first four rounds. After that two things will happen. Canelo will start to tire, and Floyd will do what he normally does after about round 3, have his opponent completely figured out. By round 6 and 7 Floyd will be tagging him with counterpunches.. by round 10 Canelo will either cash it in (literally and figuratively) or go for broke. Honestly it would be refreshing to see a fighter in the last three rounds that's loosing on the cards to go for broke on Floyd. Mosley didnt, Robert "the ghost"(because he dissapeared after round 8) and many others at that point just figured they will just survive, take the loss and cash the check.

The only fighter honestly in Floyd's last 4-5 fights I have respect for is Cotto. Cotto actually gave him a little trouble, kept coming at Floyd and made him work. I think thats one of the reasons why Floyd has a lot of respect for Cotto outside of the ring because Cotto was trying to win his fight all 12 rounds and I think Floyd, knowing he was going to win anyways is thankful for Cotto's performance because it makes Floyd look good too (in the win).

I actually wouldnt mind seeing the two of them fight one more time before Floyd's contract with Showtime is up since I don't think the Pac fight is ever going to happen.

But back on subject. Floyd wins this fight by descision. Canelo maybe gets a couple of hard shots in, wows the crowd.. but it will be interesting to see what kind of fighter Alvarez is in the later rounds.

PSN = LordHveMercy08

XBL = Lord Hve Mercy

Add me now, because I don't like playing with little random 12 year olds.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:05 AM   #44
MVP

sheredia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackceasar
Floyd will be in a fight for about the first four rounds. After that two things will happen. Canelo will start to tire, and Floyd will do what he normally does after about round 3, have his opponent completely figured out. By round 6 and 7 Floyd will be tagging him with counterpunches.. by round 10 Canelo will either cash it in (literally and figuratively) or go for broke. Honestly it would be refreshing to see a fighter in the last three rounds that's loosing on the cards to go for broke on Floyd. Mosley didnt, Robert "the ghost"(because he dissapeared after round 8) and many others at that point just figured they will just survive, take the loss and cash the check.

The only fighter honestly in Floyd's last 4-5 fights I have respect for is Cotto. Cotto actually gave him a little trouble, kept coming at Floyd and made him work. I think thats one of the reasons why Floyd has a lot of respect for Cotto outside of the ring because Cotto was trying to win his fight all 12 rounds and I think Floyd, knowing he was going to win anyways is thankful for Cotto's performance because it makes Floyd look good too (in the win).

I actually wouldnt mind seeing the two of them fight one more time before Floyd's contract with Showtime is up since I don't think the Pac fight is ever going to happen.

But back on subject. Floyd wins this fight by descision. Canelo maybe gets a couple of hard shots in, wows the crowd.. but it will be interesting to see what kind of fighter Alvarez is in the later rounds.
i totally agree with you.....although a cotto rematch is a long shot. cotto didn't look very good against trout (and floyd is way better than him) and since floyd had trouble with cotto, he may not want to take that chance. i will give floyd kudos for picking a fight the fans wanted, including myself. i really think floyd based his decision off the canelo-trout fight, knowing he could do what trout did, but much better. i also think moneywise, canelo is the biggest draw out there right now, outside of manny. one thing i have noticed about floyd is he rarely picks a fighter with a similar skill set to his. mosley and judah are the only ones that come to mind. older de la hoya gave him loads of trouble, interesting there never was a rematch. mosley was older too, but stunned him once and judah gave him a pretty good fight (hit him with some pretty good shots) until all the craziness happened. i STILL believe manny is his biggest challenge, regardless of being knocked out by marquez. manny was winning that fight and only got knocked out because HE was going for a knockout too. he had marquez hurt, but he just got caught first. the best case scenario would be the winner of canelo-floyd vs. the winner of manny vs. rios...then we would all be happy.
Old 06-08-2013, 08:49 AM   #45
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheredia
the best case scenario would be the winner of canelo-floyd vs. the winner of manny vs. rios...then we would all be happy.
Rios versus Alvarez wouldn't be feasible. It would be a slaughter based on their styles and power versus power.

I'd much rather see Floyd versus Matthysse or Canelo versus Sergio. There are a lot of question marks with Martinez however.
Old 06-08-2013, 12:03 PM   #46
Rookie

Big T120588's Arena

OVR: 0

going to be a good fight, but i'm taking mayweather in this one
Old 06-08-2013, 08:10 PM   #47
MVP

sheredia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
Rios versus Alvarez wouldn't be feasible. It would be a slaughter based on their styles and power versus power.

I'd much rather see Floyd versus Matthysse or Canelo versus Sergio. There are a lot of question marks with Martinez however.
how about sergio vs. floyd? but sergio didn't look too great in his last fight...canelo vs. julio jr. would be pretty interesting too.
Old 06-09-2013, 03:28 AM   #48
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheredia
how about sergio vs. floyd? but sergio didn't look too great in his last fight...canelo vs. julio jr. would be pretty interesting too.
I almost have to retract my Sergio matchup because I think age and injuries are catching up with him.

Golovkin versus Floyd at a 159 1/2 pound catchweight interest me.

Old 06-11-2013, 09:12 PM   #49
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56
PS Network: DTX987

My heart is with Canelo in this fight but my money is on Mayweather. Alvarez is too green at this stage of his career for a fight like this.
Old 06-12-2013, 12:08 AM   #50
MVP

sheredia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTX3
My heart is with Canelo in this fight but my money is on Mayweather. Alvarez is too green at this stage of his career for a fight like this.
i hear you on that.....BUT if canelo takes some chances, imposes his will, somehow takes floyd out of his predictable game plan, then who knows.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Boxing »