Manny Pacquiao vs Money Mayweather - Page 58 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Manny Pacquiao vs Money Mayweather

This is a discussion on Manny Pacquiao vs Money Mayweather within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
View Poll Results: If the fight happens how will it end?
Mayweather by decision 114 47.90%
Pacquiao by decision 49 20.59%
Mayweather by knockout 27 11.34%
Pacquiao by knockout 46 19.33%
It will be a draw! 2 0.84%
Voters: 238. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2012, 12:06 AM   #571
MVP
 
Jarodd21's Arena
 
OVR: 42
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: San Antonio TX
Posts: 8,270
Re: Manny Pacquiao vs Money Mayweather

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
The fight will happen this fall or it won't happen at all. If Floyd isn't able to make a deal with Manny, he will probably turn to Sergio. Sergio is willing to take as low as 20%.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Yeah that is who I'm hoping he fights next if Him and Pacquiao don't come to terms..
__________________
Madden 13(All-Madden)sliders http://www.operationsports.com/forum...n-sliders.html
NCAA 13(Heisman)slidershttp://www.operationsports.com/forum...n-sliders.html
Jarodd21 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:37 AM   #572
All Star
 
Money99's Arena
 
OVR: 37
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Kingsville, ONT
Blog Entries: 6
Re: Manny Pacquiao vs Money Mayweather

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
The fight will happen this fall or it won't happen at all. If Floyd isn't able to make a deal with Manny, he will probably turn to Sergio. Sergio is willing to take as low as 20%.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
The fight should have happened 3 years ago. I don't care about it anymore. Both fighters are beyond their peak so the outcome wouldn't be a true one.

I'm more interested in him fighting S-Mart, but that'll never happen.
Floyd knows he'd get killed. S-Mart is just as fast, if not faster, has a great chin, punches way harder and is a southpaw.
If Floyd's worried about his health with Pac (who hasn't been able to stop anyone of late), then he would be insane NOT to be terrified of Martinez.

The only way Floyd has a chance against Sergio is if they fought at 147 and Martinez couldn't go above 150 by fight time.
Anything north of 150, Floyd gets absolutely destroyed.
Money99 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:25 AM   #573
The "Showtime" Era!
 
aholbert32's Arena
 
OVR: 44
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 22,571
Blog Entries: 8
Re: Manny Pacquiao vs Money Mayweather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
The fight should have happened 3 years ago. I don't care about it anymore. Both fighters are beyond their peak so the outcome wouldn't be a true one.

I'm more interested in him fighting S-Mart, but that'll never happen.
Floyd knows he'd get killed. S-Mart is just as fast, if not faster, has a great chin, punches way harder and is a southpaw.
If Floyd's worried about his health with Pac (who hasn't been able to stop anyone of late), then he would be insane NOT to be terrified of Martinez.

The only way Floyd has a chance against Sergio is if they fought at 147 and Martinez couldn't go above 150 by fight time.
Anything north of 150, Floyd gets absolutely destroyed.
LOL. You will care if the fight happens this fall just like everyone else will.

Regarding Martinez, I have a hard time believing that a guy who had early troubles against Barker and Macklin is going to "kill" the #1 or #2 P4P fighter in the world.

I like Martinez but he's never faced anyone with the speed and footwork of Floyd. Also Martinez's biggest wins are a one in a million perfect KO win against Williams and a decision win over a drunk Pavlik.
aholbert32 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:17 PM   #574
MVP
 
edaddy's Arena
 
OVR: 16
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: South Jamaica, Queens
Re: Manny Pacquiao vs Money Mayweather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
The fight should have happened 3 years ago. I don't care about it anymore. Both fighters are beyond their peak so the outcome wouldn't be a true one.

I'm more interested in him fighting S-Mart, but that'll never happen.
Floyd knows he'd get killed. S-Mart is just as fast, if not faster, has a great chin, punches way harder and is a southpaw.
If Floyd's worried about his health with Pac (who hasn't been able to stop anyone of late), then he would be insane NOT to be terrified of Martinez.

The only way Floyd has a chance against Sergio is if they fought at 147 and Martinez couldn't go above 150 by fight time.
Anything north of 150, Floyd gets absolutely destroyed.
Agreed If Floyd isn't getting in the ring with Pac he definently is not getting into the ring with Martinez which to me at this point would be the riskiest fight for him..Martinez is too big for him and possesses speed and power along with boxing skills that would present a huge problem to Floyd..There is no way martinez agrees to come in the ring at 150..he might agree to a 150 catch weight but come in the ring at 168..I am with you both are slowly getting beyong their peak and if Cotto and bradley both give Floyd and Pac wars this will only hasten the deterioration ..Would love to see a Flyd vs martinez bout but I see Floyd pulling out some crazy stipulations to make this fight a no go!!
__________________
THANKS FOR THE TRADE SANDIEGO KEEP RIVERS WE'LL TAKE ELI
edaddy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 02:08 PM   #575
Rookie
 
ThuggyD55's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Feb 2012
Re: Manny Pacquiao vs Money Mayweather

Martinez couldn't even handle Macklin. How could he handle Floyd? Nobody can.
ThuggyD55 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 02:55 PM   #576
MVP
 
edaddy's Arena
 
OVR: 16
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: South Jamaica, Queens
Re: Manny Pacquiao vs Money Mayweather

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThuggyD55
Martinez couldn't even handle Macklin. How could he handle Floyd? Nobody can.
What do you mean couldn't handle him?..macklin was a tough fighter who could take a punch that night he wouldve given anybody problems even Floyd..What I saw was a champion who adjusted and turned it up a notch and TKO'd him..Again you can't compare the martinez you saw against Macklin vs Floyd..he is bigger, jus as fast, and technically sound enough to give Floyd all he wants..on top of that he has some power..
__________________
THANKS FOR THE TRADE SANDIEGO KEEP RIVERS WE'LL TAKE ELI
edaddy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:44 PM   #577
The "Showtime" Era!
 
aholbert32's Arena
 
OVR: 44
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 22,571
Blog Entries: 8
Re: Manny Pacquiao vs Money Mayweather

Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
What do you mean couldn't handle him?..macklin was a tough fighter who could take a punch that night he wouldve given anybody problems even Floyd..What I saw was a champion who adjusted and turned it up a notch and TKO'd him..Again you can't compare the martinez you saw against Macklin vs Floyd..he is bigger, jus as fast, and technically sound enough to give Floyd all he wants..on top of that he has some power..
Completely disagree. He isnt "just as fast" as Floyd. He has some power but no more than Cotto at 154 (imo). His signature KO was a perfect punch against Williams who is notorious for not protecting himself.

You think Floyd is going to let Martinez get a clean shot like that?

You think Sergio is going to be able to fight with is hands at his waste against a quick counterpuncher like Floyd?

The size advantage is going to be the only issue for Floyd but Sergio isnt a bully fighter so I doubt that will have much effect.
aholbert32 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:36 PM   #578
All Star
 
Money99's Arena
 
OVR: 37
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Kingsville, ONT
Blog Entries: 6
Re: Manny Pacquiao vs Money Mayweather

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
LOL. You will care if the fight happens this fall just like everyone else will.

Regarding Martinez, I have a hard time believing that a guy who had early troubles against Barker and Macklin is going to "kill" the #1 or #2 P4P fighter in the world.

I like Martinez but he's never faced anyone with the speed and footwork of Floyd. Also Martinez's biggest wins are a one in a million perfect KO win against Williams and a decision win over a drunk Pavlik.
LOL, yeah, I'll definitely watch the fight, but it has lost some luster for me so I don't care as much as I once did.

Here's my argument for Martinez.
One, he's a natural 154 fighter. He moved up to 160 simply because nobody dared face him at jr.middleweight.
Macklin did well in the first 7 rounds, very true. However, I think it's more of a case where S-Mart was looking past him and is bored with the competition put in front of him.
When Macklin scored the KD in round 7 it was all Martinez. It was a complete one-sided affair.
He wants the big names and purses. I guarantee he wouldn't have looked as lack-luster if he was fighting Chavez or Canelo.
Thirdly, the dude is able to finish guys in late rounds which speaks volumes for his conditioning and ability to carry power into the late rounds.
Floyd is lighting fast and a tremendous counter-puncher. But he has nearly zero power at 147. Martinez would take more chances knowing that Floyd can't hurt him.

Martinez isn't a natural 'bully' fighter, but he's a pressure fighter similar to Pacquio and I think he has the ability to bully Floyd if that's a gameplan they feel can work against him.

Again, Floyd will never take this fight. Maybe when Martinez is 45 and has fought a few more wars and begins to slow down.
But right now, there's no way on earth he steps in the ring with him. ONLY if Martinez was as big a name as Manny and was still willing to take only 20% of the cut.
Floyd knows he's risking his life, titles, undefeated record and earning power fighting a relatively unknown such as Martinez - especially one as dangerous.

Finally, if there's one thing that Martinez is dominant over Floyd it's that he's willing to fight anyone put in front of him. Floyd hasn't been able to say that for nearly half a decade.
In that regard, he's a very smart businessman - it's also why his name and legacy will forever be tainted.
Money99 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:17 AM   #579
Rookie
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Nov 2010
Re: Manny Pacquiao vs Money Mayweather

HAHAHA at everyone believing Sergio Martinez is the toughest fight for a sharpshooter like Floyd. Sergio's hands never make their way above his waist, and well...Floyd just happens to be the most accurate puncher in the sports history.

And as far as Martinez being to big, that would be an advantage if he clinched and/or slugged. Both of which he doesn't. Not effectively at least.
elimack is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:32 AM   #580
Rookie
 
steelcityjames's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Dec 2010
Re: Manny Pacquiao vs Money Mayweather

this thread reminds me of boxing talk when i was a kid....."Cooney hits too hard, plus Holmes is getting old" ..... " Yeah, but Holmes still has the best jab in the business. Cooney never fought anyone that precise".... the difference? THEY FOUGHT EACH OTHER!!!! i'm done talking Floyd vs Pac until they actually fight!
steelcityjames is online now  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:04 AM.

Top -