This game is still unreal! - Page 3 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

This game is still unreal!

This is a discussion on This game is still unreal! within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > All Pro Football 2K

Old 02-04-2012, 01:57 PM   #17
Rookie

tanchl's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: This game is still unreal!

I so appreciate the fact you have meaningful penalties. I never grow tired of this title. I bought my 360 version on day 1 for the full price and haven't ever regretted it (when you can pick the game up for practically nothing now).

I wish I could be smart enough to figure out the editor, I could play this game another 4 years.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:16 PM   #18
Rookie

PaleVermilion's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanchl
I so appreciate the fact you have meaningful penalties. I never grow tired of this title. I bought my 360 version on day 1 for the full price and haven't ever regretted it (when you can pick the game up for practically nothing now).

I wish I could be smart enough to figure out the editor, I could play this game another 4 years.
Ha, I know! I got called for defensive holding and was surprised at first. Not used to that.
Old 02-05-2012, 12:34 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaleVermilion
Ha, I know! I got called for defensive holding and was surprised at first. Not used to that.
Defensive holding and ineligible receiver down field are very interesting penalty's in that both actually provide depth to the game.

Defensive holding happens when you have a bad corner on a good wide out and you leave them without a safety over top or you try and press a receiver inside without a good bump and run corner.

Ineligible receiver down field happens when you wait to long on a pass play most often on play action plays.

both examples of the right way to utilize penalty's
Old 02-05-2012, 01:11 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 5

Picked it up for 3$ yesterday, best 3$ I ever spent, great game.
NFL- Lions
NBA -Pistons
ECHL - Toledo Walleyes
NCAA- Toledo Rockets
AAA - Toledo Mud Hens
Old 02-05-2012, 01:19 PM   #21
Staff Writer

jyoung's Arena

OVR: 38

You'll also get ineligible receiver if you call a screen pass and wait too long to pass the ball.

Advertisements
Old 02-05-2012, 03:19 PM   #22
All Star

OVR: 24

If only 2k would release a completely generic football game for the PC using the base of APF2k8....

Modders could take control and we'd have, in essence, a 2k12,13,14, etc.So long as mods were free, there should be no problems with EA claiming "copyright infringement".

*SIGH*...........imagine the possibilities. I dare say Madden sales would slip even further if this happened....
"This was never about money for us.This was about us against the system. That system that kills the human spirit. We stand for something. To those dead souls inching along the freeways in their metal coffins, we show them that the human spirit is still alive." Point Break
Old 02-05-2012, 11:35 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
If only 2k would release a completely generic football game for the PC using the base of APF2k8....

Modders could take control and we'd have, in essence, a 2k12,13,14, etc.So long as mods were free, there should be no problems with EA claiming "copyright infringement".

*SIGH*...........imagine the possibilities. I dare say Madden sales would slip even further if this happened....
This community really needs to evolve from this death to Madden mind set.

Madden is a very good game and will hold the copyright for years to come.

Fact is there is only a small niche market for football outside of the nfl/ncaa if 2k cant secure one of those rights there is no reason to put resources towards making a football title.

If you really want to help you should help develop interest in the 2k8 franchise community via friends/family members. 2k does not need more money to make another title they need interest and right now there is little to none.

Lower sales in madden does not mean anything good for anybody!
Old 02-06-2012, 01:31 AM   #24
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbgameover
This community really needs to evolve from this death to Madden mind set.

Madden is a very good game and will hold the copyright for years to come.

Fact is there is only a small niche market for football outside of the nfl/ncaa if 2k cant secure one of those rights there is no reason to put resources towards making a football title.

If you really want to help you should help develop interest in the 2k8 franchise community via friends/family members. 2k does not need more money to make another title they need interest and right now there is little to none.

Lower sales in madden does not mean anything good for anybody!
Umm, ok...............?
"This was never about money for us.This was about us against the system. That system that kills the human spirit. We stand for something. To those dead souls inching along the freeways in their metal coffins, we show them that the human spirit is still alive." Point Break

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > All Pro Football 2K »