|01-07-2007, 09:34 PM||#1|
Join Date: Jan 2006
FM2k7 - Interactive Dynasty (another one)
Since the other dynasty appears to not have started, I figured I would try my hand at it since I've been playing FM2007 quite a bit in the office Some of you took part in another interactive dynasty I ran sometime back (apologies that died, real life got in the way) so you may know what you will get from me.
Anyways, on to the ground rules:
1) I will manage a club in-game, starting in the lower English divisions;
2) I will run leagues in England, Spain and Italy (I'm not sure if this will affect those of you wanting to be Americans, we'll see);
3) Updates will ideally be 2-4 weeks of game-time every 1-3 real life days;
4) weekend updates will likely be non-existent/infrequent;
5) dynasty lasts as long as the players are still around and playing worthwhile footy (I'm not going to follow a sole remaining member at 35 playing for a non-conference team). The caveat to this is if any of the players actually become managers, in which case I'll see if it's worthwhile following on for a bit;
6) don't expect super detailed updates, at least until I figure out the best way to run this.
1) No one wants to watch the antics of an 18 year old with no talent (well, it could be an interesting story but success would be hard to achieve). So all the players will have decent/good potential ability. I stress potential ability, not current, so you may or may not achieve that potential. I'll figure out a decent number once I've done some research on the SI boards (I want to figure out randomisation as well);
2) All players start at 18;
3) I'm limiting it to 10 sign-ups. I have no idea how much work this will be honestly and I don't want to push it too far. If it works well, maybe a later version will have more sign-ups.
4) This is what I need from you:
1 Superstat (will be a 20, ask for clarifications if you're not sure what stats are available)
3 Good stats (will be a 15)
2 Bad stats (will be a 5)
Any other information you want to provide: Fave personnel, clubs; size; background. I guess the more interactive your player is, the more I have to work with and the more I can flesh out the character at the start. And no, saying "My character is the best player in the world and is perfect in every way" does not count as background.
Sign-ups start now I guess.
|01-07-2007, 09:45 PM||#2|
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: New Mexico
Super stat: Creativity
Good stats: Aggression, tackling, decisions
Bad stats: Flair, finishing
Fave club: Tottenham
Size: 5'7", 160 lbs
Last edited by st.cronin : 01-07-2007 at 10:01 PM.
|01-07-2007, 09:57 PM||#3|
Join Date: Jan 2006
Stats available (for ease of reference)
Command of Area
One on Ones
Tendency to Punch
Outfield players (defenders, midfielders, forwards):
Mental Attributes (all players)
Off the Ball
Physical Attributes (all players)
As you can see, there are a lot of stats. Choosing the right mix of stats (the 4 good ones you can have) will likely play a part in determining how effective your player is. As an example, a forward would likely want high finishing and consider other abilities such as pace, heading, strength, first touch, dribbling, which would in turn determine what kind of forward the player is (think speedy skilful strikers like Thierry Henry or strong burly target men like Jan Koeller). Similar considerations would apply to midfielders (defensive guy? attacking creative force? the work horse?) and defenders (classy sweeper? inspirational skipper lacking in technique but incredibly brave?).
|01-07-2007, 10:28 PM||#4|
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: New Hampshire
Super Stat: Tackling
Good Stats: Marking, Aggression, Heading
Bad Stats: Finishing, Composure
Size: 6' 185lbs
Favorite Club: Manchester City
|01-07-2007, 11:10 PM||#5|
Join Date: May 2003
Super stat: Agility
Good stats: Reflexes, Handling, Positioning
Bad stats: Pace, Tendency to Punch
Fave club: Livorno (only because I was born there, but they probably suck)
Size: 6'1", 180 lbs
Check out The Unofficial FOFC Movie Guide Here
|01-08-2007, 03:45 PM||#7|
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Canada eh
Jace Hunter (Scottish, Keeper)
Size: 6'2, 200 lbs
Super stat: Reflexes
Good stats: Command of Area, One on Ones, Agility
Bad stats: Eccentricity, Rushing Out
|01-08-2007, 07:28 PM||#8|
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Osaka, Japan via Honolulu, Hawaii via Birmingham, Alabama
B.B. Gunn (English, Defensive Midfielder)
Size: 5'10", 180 lbs
Super stat: Influence
Good stats: Marking, Jumping, Tackling
Bad Stats: Aggression, Finishing
Favorite clubs: Aston Villa, Fulham
Last edited by bbgunn : 01-08-2007 at 07:30 PM.
|01-09-2007, 03:09 AM||#9|
High School Varsity
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Austin, TX
Charles Schexnayder (German and American, Left Defender/Left Wing Back/Left Midfielder)
Size: 5'11 170
Super Stat: Positioning
Good Stats: Anticipation, Tackling, Pace
Bad Stats: Finishing, Creativity
Favorite club: Arsenal
|01-09-2007, 10:00 AM||#10|
High School Varsity
Join Date: Nov 2003
Name: Frank Justice
Good stats: Finishing, Jumping, Passing
Bad stats: Marking, Tackling
Size: 6'1" 195lb
Favorite Club: Arsenal
Likes to be the target man. Is stellar in the air and would rather set up a teammate with an assist than score himself.
Last edited by mrkilla22 : 01-09-2007 at 10:01 AM.
|01-09-2007, 10:39 AM||#11|
Join Date: Oct 2000
good stats:crossing, acceleration, pace
bad stats:Influence, aggression, composure
Bud thinks he is the answer for the "left side" troubles of England and is shocked he doesn't have his 1st cap already.
|01-10-2007, 01:09 AM||#12|
Join Date: Apr 2003
I hope I am not too late here.
Super stat: Marking
Good stats: Strength, tackling, composure
Bad stats: agility, influence
Fave club: Udinese
Size: 6'1", 203 lbs
He is a hulking prescence on the defense not afraid to be a little dirty if need be. He especially likes to hurt pansy strikers that think they can just waltz in to his part of the pitch and attack his goal. They must be made to pay.
|01-10-2007, 07:10 AM||#13|
Join Date: Jan 2006
Ugh, apologies, you're too late the problem with FM is that I can't just edit you in now.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|