|11-12-2000, 10:54 PM||#1|
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Random Tweaks to Game Engine
These are just some thoughts that I have had that might improve the simming of the games and overall game play. Few of these are crucial, but wouldn't to bring them up.
1. Option for squib kick for late in half / game.
2. Time outs taken at "random" points in game. Maybe based on the experience of the QB. Teams usually burn TOs besides the two minute drill.
3. Knowing the result of play when penalties are called and if penalties are declined.
4. ID who the penalty was on.
5. This is for the GM part of the game. CPU teams must do better job of holding onto franchise players. I saw Randy Moss free in my game and he lead the league in catches a number of seasons.
6. For game plan. A little more control over formations. I would like to play 2 TE when running but I am afraid that using the rating to high in this game today would result in 2 TE in shotgun.
7. Transaction log for player. You could see what kind of contracts players had signed for. How they were acquired (i.e. trade, FA, draft)
8. Choose special team players. It is always odd to see tackle by your starting WRs. On that same vein, how about picking a long snapper. The Steelers have a specialist for long snapping.
9. How about showing net average for punters / teams.
10. Average starting position for kickoffs.
Keep up the great work, Jim!
"It's a great day for hockey" - "Badger" Bob Johnson
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|