Talking about the Madden Live Challenge tournament.
It seriously was a bit of a letdown...
The sports are everywhere, so let's discuss the games...
Operation Sports Content
Wednesday, November 18, 2015
09:58 PM - November 18, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Psyonix plans to release their Rocket Club Chaos Run DLC in early December, check out the trailer here. The post-apocalypse DLC will include the following items and cost $3.99.
- 2 New Battle-Cars, Ripper and Grog
- 12 New Decals (six for each new Battle-Car)
- 2 New Paint Types (Camo and Sun-Damaged)
- 2 New Wheels (Ripper and Grog)
- 2 New Rocket Trails (Sandstorm, Nuts and Bolts)
- 3 New Toppers (Boombox, Cow Skull, Mohawk)
- 3 New Antennas (Bomb Pole, Radioactive, Retro Ball – Wasteland)
- 5 New Trophies
06:25 PM - November 18, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
The Operation Sports Championship is underway. Good luck to the 10 users who qualified. If you’re one of the many who didn’t, Operation Sports is here to offer you a new league each week until the regular season ends.
NOTE: The Championship round entrants (all 10 winners) have been auto-entered, so make sure you look at your "upcoming" tab to enter your team.
Before you run off to register for the Week 11 contest, here’s a quick look at how Week 10 played out. Taking down first place was Altohombre, who finished with a score of 148.78, led by strong outings from Bears running back Jeremy Langford, Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski and the Chiefs defense -- yes, the Chiefs defense.
Altohombre will join nine other qualifiers in the 2015 Operation Sports Championship. Congrats!
The Week 11 Operation Sports FanDuel League is open to all users! Make sure to enter your lineup before all the seats fill. Good luck! We’ll see you back here next week.
Here’s a look at Altohombre’s winning lineup:
05:55 PM - November 18, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Another NBA 2K16 roster update has arrived today, check out the details in the screenshot above (click the image for a higher resolution). Each roster update contains accessory and team color changes.
To see a more detailed breakdown of the roster update, which includes individual attribute updates, head on over to 2KMTC.
If any other details are revealed, we will update this post. Let us know what you are seeing!
04:09 PM - November 18, 2015. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Chris Sanner
The folks at Sports Interactive announced today that Football Manager Mobile 2016 will launch on iOS and Android app stores later today.
Football Manager Mobile 2016, the little brother of Football Manager 2016, has plenty of features embedded to make it a compelling experience on the iOS and Android platforms.
Lead Your Club to Glory
Think you can do better than the real managers? Football Manager is where you can prove it. Pick a club from any of the 14 playable nations and take on the challenge of leading them to domestic and continental success. You can also take charge of a national team and attempt to make a name for yourself on the world stage.
Simple and Quick Experience
Football Manager Mobile is the most accessible version of the Football Manager experience. The game focuses on tactics and transfers and is compatible with almost all smartphones and tablets. Football Manager Mobile is designed to be played in short bursts on the move making it the ideal commute companion.
2D Match Engine
The 2D match engine offers a top-down view of the pitch, giving you a clear view of how your tactics are working over the course of the match.
Football Manager 2016 features a realistic transfer market. You can compete with AI managers for the very best players in the world, unearth the footballing superstars of the future or, if you’re working on a shoestring budget, take advantage of loan signings and free transfers. In Football Manager, there’s a player for your every need.
Set your team up the way you want. Choose from dozens of tactical combinations and instructions and make substitutions and tactical changes during the match itself.
There are a range of unlockables available in Football Manager Mobile, allowing you to accelerate your progress through the game. These range from being able to build a new stadium to generating an in-game son.
Football Manager Mobile 2016 should be available in both the Android and iOS app stores later today!
03:05 PM - November 18, 2015. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Jayson Young
Ones And Twos Is An Imbalanced Scoring System
After two years of ignoring one of MyPark's biggest issues, NBA 2K16 finally smartened up and changed the Park's scoring system to a normal NBA style of two pointers and three pointers. For some reason, though, The Gauntlet remains stuck with the old, unbalanced scoring setup.
Scoring baskets by ones and twos rewards reckless outside shooters who chuck up contested bombs all game long while penalizing players who are efficient scorers from mid/close range.
The Gauntlet needs to adopt the standard scoring system to decrease the value of outside shooting and make dominant post players/mid-range specialists worth having on your team. Right now, superstar perimeter players like Grant Hill and Michael Jordan, whose only weakness is poor three-point shooting, are less desirable cards than one-trick ponies like Steve Novak or Hedo Turkoglu.
Read More - NBA 2K16: Gauntlet Mode's Disappointing First Season
01:59 PM - November 18, 2015. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Chris Sanner
When building a team in NBA 2K16, or building up your MyPlayer, what is the most important attributes to you?
Obviously everyone has a different angle, and you may pick up some players for their three point shooting prowess or their lock down defense -- but on a general scale, if you are looking for players to fill out your starting five which of the attributes in the poll do you look for most?
Be sure to sound off on some players you've found who you think might be hidden gems as well and vote in the poll!
10:36 AM - November 18, 2015. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Chris Sanner
The newest Madden patch, which EA told us was their biggest Madden patch ever, introduced a new mode into the game called Draft Champions Ranked.
EA has already posted a blog detailing some of the intricacies of the mode on their site. To learn the five most important things about the new mode, check out the video above.
10:16 AM - November 18, 2015. Posted by MMChrisS.
Sports are everywhere right now. From college football (can we have NCAA Football back already?), to the NFL, to the NBA, to NHL, to College Hoops returning this past week.
Seriously its sports overload time.
So what better time to bring back the infamous, the vaunted, the epic: Operation Sports Fact or Fiction. This week we have three staff writers joining us in discussing four topics. Check them all out after the jump!
Read More - OS Fact or Fiction: The Sports Are Everywhere Edition
Tuesday, November 17, 2015
08:21 PM - November 17, 2015. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Chris Sanner
New items are now available in Hockey Ultimate Team (HUT) in NHL 16 to celebrate Movember in style. Each special edition item will be eligible for ratings upgrades as the player receives them in the future.
Jeff Carter - Los Angles Kings
Skating - 91, Shooting - 91, Hands 92, Checking - 88, Defense - 86
John Tavares - NY Islanders
Skating - 90, Shooting - 93, Hands - 94, Checking - 87, Defense - 89
P.K. Subban - Montreal Canadiens
Skating - 91, Shooting - 90, Hands - 92, Checking - 91, Defense - 90
Claude Giroux - Philadelphia Flyers
Skating - 88, Shooting - 90, Hands - 93, Checking - 81, Defense - 87
All of the above items are now available for download in HUT!
12:12 PM - November 17, 2015. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Chris Sanner
The long awaited expansion to The Crew launches today, with the hotly anticipated new event included: The Summit. Check out the trailer here!
The Summit, which Ubisoft described as the largest challenge in a driving game yet, is a competition featuring a huge variety of vehicles from motorcyles to monster trucks. You compete in iconic locations all over the US in the mode.
Also included in the expansion are new graphical touches.
The Crew: Wild Run is available for download now as a digital add-on to The Crew for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.
UPDATE: Just added a bunch of screenshots and a trailer.
UPDATE #2 Check out the features, as well as a handling update below.
The Summit is a monthly competition between players that lasts a limited amount of time. In order to access and advance in the Summit, the players have to complete a number of events such as: missions, PVP events, freeride challenges, skills and stunts.
To gain access to the Summit, players will need to complete Qualifiers, with 2 qualifiers available each week.
New vehicles and specs:
In The Crew Wild Run the players will be able to win, buy and tune new vehicles, which can be used in missions, freeride and skills.
The new vehicles and specs are Motorbikes, Monster Trucks, Dragsters and Drift Cars. Each new vehicle, or spec, has a unique handling and driving style and can be used in specific missions.
In Freeride, players will have access to 3 new gameplay modes:
- Coop Stunts: Stunts are quick challenges available in Freeride, than can be enabled or disabled in the options. When freeriding, stunts can be triggered by the player at any time. There are different types of stunts - drift, driving a certain distance, jumps… When a player completes a stunt, he earns a certain amount of bucks and then another, more difficult stunt is generated. The more a player progresses the more bucks he will earn (winning streak). If a player fails one stunt, the winning streak is reset. When players are in a crew, the stunts becomes Coop Stunts and will be adapted to the number of players in the crew.
- FreeDrive Challenge: The FreeDrive challenge is a competitive gameplay feature which is played with the player’s crew. One player creates the challenge, using a simplified version of the map to set multiple waypoints and a finish line. Once the race is set, it can be suggested to the other players. At the end of the race, all crew members earn rewards based on their position and the number of players.
- Looking For Players (LFP) is a system that groups players who want to play a specific Game mode. The LFP system is an automatic matchmaking process that can also be used as a shortcut from The Summit, FreeDrive challenges and Coop Stunts.
- Improved aerodynamics
- Improved steering reactivity.
- Improved counter steering.
- Improved grip behaviour.
- Tuning and increase of the distinctions between the modes: All Driving Help/Sport/Hard-core.
- The first list of vehicles to have undergone the handling update are the following:
- Chevrolet Camaro RS 1969 PERF
- Pagani Huayra FULL STOCK/PERF
- Koenigsegg Agera R FULL STOCK/PERF
- 2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS FULL STOCK/STREET/PERF/CIRCUIT/DIRT/RAID
- 2013 SRT Viper GTS 2013 FULL STOCK/PERF
- McLaren F1 FULL STOCK/PERF
- 2013 Nissan 370Z (Z34) FULL STOCK/STREET/PERF/CIRCUIT/DIRT/RAID
- Ford F-150 SVT Raptor 2010 FULL STOCK/STREET/PERF/CIRCUIT/DIRT/RAID
- Ferrari 458 Speciale FULL STOCK/PERF
- Dodge Challenger SRT-8 FULL STOCK/STREET/PERF/CIRCUIT/DIRT/RAID
- Buggy A1 RAID
- Ford Mustang GT 2011 FULL STOCK/STREET/PERF/CIRCUIT/DIRT/RAID
- LaFerrari FULL STOCK/PERF
- 2011 Aston Martin V8 Vantage S FULL STOCK/PERF
- Ruf 3400 K RAID
- Nissan Skyline GT-R (R34) FULL STOCK/STREET/PERF/CIRCUIT/DIRT/RAID
- Ford GT 2005 FULL STOCK/PERF/RACING
- Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 FULL STOCK/PERF
- BMW M5 2011 FULL STOCK/PERF
- Lamborghini Gallardo LP 570-4 Superleggera FULL STOCK/PERF/RACING
- Ford Focus RS 2010 FULL STOCK/STREET/PERF/RACING/DIRT/RAID
- Ruf CTR-3 FULL STOCK/PERF
- Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG (C197) FULL STOCK/PERF/RACING
- Maserati Gran Turismo S FULL STOCK/PERF
- 2015 Ford Mustang GT Fastback FULL STOCK/STREET/PERF
- 2010 Dodge Viper SRT-10 Coupe FULL STOCK/PERF/RACING
10:49 AM - November 17, 2015. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Chris Sanner
We were just sent word that the 'biggest (Madden) patch we've ever done' is going live today. The patch includes a brand new mode, Ranked Draft Champions, along with 'all kinds of bug fixes.'
We're efforting details on what all of this means and will update this post when we get them!
UPDATE #1: EA has posted a blog detailing the Ranked Draft Champions mode.
UPDATE #2: Here are the list of fixes in Patch 16.1
Monday, November 16, 2015
08:18 PM - November 16, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
All Xbox Live Gold subscribers can play NBA 2K16 for free this entire upcoming weekend. Members can start playing from 9:00 AM PT Friday, November 20 until 11:59 PM PT Sunday, November 22.
05:08 PM - November 16, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
After fixing the stutter issue players were experiencing on Xbox One last week, Ghost Games has released some of the details for their upcoming Need For Speed patch, scheduled to arrive later this month. Check out the details below.
- More balanced ‘AI Catch Up’
- New Wrap Editor features:
- Mirror functionality
- Improved colour picker
- Hoonicorn and Morohoshi-San Diablo
- Gifted upon completion of their respective narrative threads
- First look at neons
- Early in development version on Morohoshi-San’s Diablo
- REP increase 50-60
- 3x Trophies & Achievements
- New daily challenges
- x30 new pre-set wraps
- General bugs, tweaks and improvements
01:49 PM - November 16, 2015. Posted by MMChrisS.
In case you missed the big reveal last week, EA Sports UFC 2 is coming next Spring. In the announcement was a full features list, with complete details on new gameplay elements, new modes, and new items to help you better learn the game.
Of the announcements last week, which was the biggest to you? Sound off by voting in our poll and leave a comment on what you are looking forward to most!
01:34 PM - November 16, 2015. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Chris Sanner
The folks behind Rocket League are teasing an announcement on the PlayStation Network on Wednesday afternoon. Rocket League, the sports hybrid game, has become a sort of cult hit here on OS. In our review, we called Rocket League 'pure fun'.
Considering the game was released this past summer, its possible we are going to hear about a Rocket League 2, or at least an expansion pack on Wednesday.
What do you think we're going to hear about?