A look at Solecismic Software's newest Pro Football Text-Sim.
The OS Community is Split as to how accurate sports game ratings are for players.
A look back at what FIFA did well, and what it didn't so well.
A look at the winner of our staff's Sports Game of the Year Award.
It's no secret that PES 2017 was released to great acclaim this year, building upon previous iterations to provide a soccer simulation that not only rivaled its biggest competitor, but arguably surpassed it.
If you've been following PES' progression in recent years, you'll know the markings have been on the wall for years now. The introduction of the Fox engine marked an upward turn in fortunes for the series, and although its sales figures might still be dwindling in certain parts of the world, it's finally being taken seriously by fans of the sport once more.
I'm going to use this year-end opportunity to discuss why PES 2017 is such a dramatic improvement over its predecessor. Like others, I came into 2016 with only a moderate interest in rekindling my love affair with the PES series, but I'm coming out of it with an intense appreciation for the latest release. Here's what PES 2017 got particularly right this year.
Read More - PES 2017: Another Successful Release in the Books
- More MLB The Show 17 Details Revealed
- Moto Racer 4 Releases on January 24, 2017 - Features & Trailer Here
- Drive!Drive!Drive! Review (PS4)
- More MLB The Show 17 Details From Ramone Russell On Our Twitch Channel Last Night
- WWE 2K17 Patch 1.05 Available Now, Full Details Here
- Has Customization Revitalized NHL's EASHL?
- NBA 2K17 Video - Warriors vs. Cavs Christmas Day Rematch (Shady00018)
- NBA 2K Expansion MyGM VLog E1: Getting the Most out of Franchise Modes
- Hardwood Rivals is a Mobile Experience Worth a Try
- NBA 2K17 Roster Update Available Now, Details Included (12-21)
- Operation Sports App Available Now For iOS & Android Devices
- NBA2K Expansion MyGM VLog E2: Utilizing Graphic Design, How Games Present News
- Super Mega Baseball 2 Gameplay Video
- Official Madden NFL 17 Roster Update For Week 16 Available Now
- MLB The Show 16's Successful Year, And A Look At An Ideal Roadmap Ahead
- Christmas Uniforms & Socks Available in NBA 2K17 For All 30 Teams
- 2016 Season Data Now Available in Dynasty League Baseball Online...
- Off-Road Paradise: Trial 4x4 Early Access Impressions
Off-Road Paradise: Trial 4x4 attempts to capture that same response, but has a hard time doing so. It's important to note that the game is in Steam's "Early Access" phase and is an evolving product. Some of the issues that existed a week ago are less of a problem now, so it's hard to see where the game might be a month from now. Regardless, here are impressions of how the game plays as it currently stands.
Read More - Off-Road Paradise: Trial 4x4 Early Access Impressions
The folks at Dynasty League Baseball Online just released their 2016 data into the game with several new features to enjoy.
- 2016 season data is now included in the game.
- Updated ballpark charts to reflect the 2016 season.
- New Nationals Park Images now included in the game.
For those of you that didn't already know, Christmas uniforms and socks are available in NBA 2K17 for all 30 teams.
It was a good year for The Show as it continues to be the best console baseball game on the market. And as youíre likely aware, itís really the only console simulation baseball game on the market. So letís discuss the most popular modes and what they offered us in 2016, with some hopes for 2017 as well.
Read More - MLB The Show 16's Successful Year, And A Look At An Ideal Roadmap Ahead
The official Madden NFL 17 roster update for week 16 is available now. These weekly roster updates include changes to player ratings, depth charts, and injuries for all 32 teams.
You can check all of the changes here. We've listed some of the changes below.
- Khalil Mack +1 (Overall 98)
- Eric Weddle +1 (Overall 96)
- Eric Berry +1 (Overall 94)
- Zach Martin +1 (Overall 94)
- Travis Frederick +1 (Overall 93)
- Jimmy Graham +1 (Overall 93)
- Bobby Wagner +2 (Overall 92)
- David Bakhtiari +1 (Overall 90)
- Micheal Bennett +1 (Overall 90)
- Janoris Jenkins +1 (Overall 90)
- Sean Lee +1 (Overall 90)
- Alex Mack +1 (Overall 90)
- Melvin Ingram +1 (Overall 89)
- Jordy Nelson +1 (Overall 89)
- Matt Ryan +1 (Overall 89)
- Devonta Freeman +1 (Overall 88)
- Richie Incognito +2 (Overall 88)
- Tony Jefferson +1 (Overall 88)
- C.J. Mosley +1 (Overall 88)
- Olivier Vernon +1 (Overall 88)
- Brandon Brooks +1 (Overall 87)
- Brandin Cooks +1 (Overall 87)
- Julian Edelman +1 (Overall 87)
- Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie +1 (Overall 87)
- Joey Bosa +1 (Overall 86)
- A.J. Bouye +1 (Overall 86)
- Leonard Williams +1 (Overall 86)
- Mike Adams +3 (Overall 83)
- Aaron Rodgers -1 (Overall 94)
- Tyron Smith -1 (Overall 93)
- Aqib Talib -1 (Overall 93)
- Greg Olsen -2 (Overall 92)
- Geno Atkins -1 (Overall 92)
- Gerald McCoy -2 (Overall 91)
- Larry Fitzgerald -2 (Overall 90)
- Adrian Peterson -1 (Overall 89)
- Justin Pugh -2 (Overall 88)
- Russell Wilson -1 (Overall 88)
- Terrell Suggs -1 (Overall 87)
- K.J. Wright -2 (Overall 87)
- Cliff Avril -2 (Overall 86)
- Brian Orakpo -1 (Overall 86)
- Xavier Rhodes -1 (Overall 86)
- Brandon Marshall -3 (Overall 85)
- Tyrann Mathieu -3 (Overall 85)
- Derek Wolfe -3 (Overall 82)
Metalhead Software has just posted their first Super Mega Baseball 2 gameplay video. The in-game footage is pre-alpha, some things may change in the final release.
The game is scheduled to release sometime in 2017 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.
Mike is back with episode two of the Expansion MyGM vBlog -- this episode talks about how franchise modes can better utilize graphic design and present news in franchises even better.
Beyond that we get a look at the Grackles roster as it comes together in the expansion draft and we debate a few decisions on the roster as they come up in our first stages of our expansion franchise. Also, we dive into the expansion/relocation and team design engines.
There's a lot of good discussion in this one, give it a watch and add your own thoughts on how games could improve graphic design and present in-game news better!
For those of you familiar with TapaTalk, we now have an official Operation Sports app for iOS and Android devices. Please try it out, rate it and post your thoughts.
Mike Stauffer (@2KStauff) has sent us the NBA 2K17 roster update details. Check them out here.
Mobile gaming is quickly becoming a platform where you can engage in quality experiences on the go. Because a lot of us are always out and about using our phones, playing a game here and there to pass time has become a thing to do.
One such game to help do exactly that is Hardwood Rivals. Available on both iOS and Android, this basketball trick shot is free to download but does have in-app purchases.
Read More - Hardwood Rivals is a Mobile Experience Worth a Try
In this report, Mike talks about getting the most out of franchise modes by talking through his new expansion team the Austin Grackles and the Cincinnati Mallards.
We'll take a look at design, see what Mike's philosophy will be on this series -- and we'll get our first look at our expansion franchises and what we plan to do with them.
Take a look and give this one a watch!
Shady has checked in with another NBA 2K17 montage, this one featuring a Christmas Day rematch between the Golden State Warriors and Cleveland Cavaliers. Amazing work, considering the director's cut isn't in the game. Check it out and post your thoughts.
I've always enjoyed the thrills of NHL's EA Sports Hockey League, but this year's iteration of the ultra-popular mode is my favorite yet. It builds on last year to deliver not only a balanced gameplay experience, but a tailored level of customization unlike anything we've seen before.
Read More - Has Customization Revitalized NHL?