A hands-on look at Madden...
The game is striving to be the "Infinity Blade' of sports games.
A look at FIFA from the show floor...
A quick look at what Forza is bringing to the table this fall...
Operation Sports Content
Friday, June 26, 2015
04:12 PM - June 26, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
iPodKingCarter recently sat down with Ronnie Singh, AKA Ronnie2K, to ask him a few questions about NBA 2K16. While most of the interview is Ronnie hyping up the game (it's his job), he mentions a few little details here and there, while side-stepping a few others. The NBA 2K16 hype train will officially kick off in late July.
Some details include the following:
- What Ronnie does for 2K...
- Some NBA 2K16 details arrive in late July, but the bulk of it comes in August and September (which is typical)
- MyPARK news will come in September and they are working on something for all of those 7' 2" "point guards"
- At this time, he gives no confirmation on Online Association
02:44 PM - June 26, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
EA Sports revealed the new GameFaceHD companion app for NBA Live 16, during the EA E3 press conference earlier this month. The app, which is scheduled to be available before the launch of NBA Live 16, scans your face and uploads it into the game.
The entire face-scanning process takes roughly 20 seconds, based off of a new video that arrived today, courtesy of the @ThaHoopGawd.
We are still curious how long it takes to transfer into the game, but we should hear more about that and the new mode for NBA Live 16 in the coming weeks.
11:25 AM - June 26, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
For those of you looking for throwback jerseys in NBA 2K15 MyPARK, 2K Sports has made them all available until just before midnight PT. Each jersey costs 5,000 VC.
09:42 AM - June 26, 2015. Posted by Ruffychu. Written by Steve Noah
Silver Loaded (2,500 stubs) and Small Ball (7,500 stubs) Diamond Dynasty packs are available now for MLB 15 The Show. The Silver Loaded pack contains 6 player cards Silver or higher and 2 items that could be equipment or sponsorship with 2 times the chance of receiving a Diamond. The Small Ball pack contains 3 player cards with 1 guaranteed Gold or higher and 5 times the chance of receiving a Diamond.
These packs will be available through the weekend.
Confirmed players, so far:
97 Paul Goldschmidt
92 Anthony Rizzo
92 Manny Machado
92 Dustin Pedroia
91 Todd Frazier
89 Dee Gordon
89 Jose Altuve
87 Hunter Pence
86 Brian Dozier
86 Starling Marte
85 A.J. Pollock
81 Tyson Ross
80 Wil Meyers
79 Billy Hamilton
07:55 AM - June 26, 2015. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Chris Sanner
NBA Live 16 has a mode which isn't being revealed just yet -- but it's been teased a few times. There's a lot of speculation about what it is, from a Park type of mode, to some type of online team play component, to basketball's version of EASHL. Given the inclusion of a simple to use gameface mechanic, it's very possible a custom character mode is where we're looking for sure.
Given everything you know about the game, what do you want the mode to be? Vote in our poll and if you vote other, leave it in the comments!
Thursday, June 25, 2015
08:24 PM - June 25, 2015. Posted by CM Hooe. Written by Steve Noah
WWE 2K16 will feature over 120 unique models on its roster. That is quite a leap from WWE 2K15, which only had 67.
UPDATE: (via @WWE2Kdev)
07:53 PM - June 25, 2015. Posted by ChaseB. Written by Chase Becotte
When a game starts from the bottom like NBA Live did two years ago, it's easy to say it's improving year over year because it's hard to really fall any further. At the same time, on some level it might be fair to say "it's easier to go from bad to average than average to great." Still, right now as I take a step back and look at what NBA Live 16 is trying to pull off this year, it finally brings about a level of excitement that has not existed with the franchise in many years.
However, this is not me saying "LIVE IS BACK!" or "WATCH OUT NBA 2K!" This is not a hype piece, but rather me saying it feels like Live is finally moving forward. The development team is adding and improving NBA Live now rather than just simply trying to create a functioning basketball game.
So with that in mind, after the jump I'll share my thoughts after playing six full games of NBA Live 16.
Read More - NBA Live 16 Hands-On Preview
03:36 PM - June 25, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
During a recent behind the scenes video, the developers behind Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 explained the new Slam mechanic that was added to the game. Basically, while you are in the air, you can hit the Slam button and instantly slam onto various surfaces to grind on.
Online multiplayer details were also revealed in the latest blog. Up to 20 players at once can join online skate sessions with friends or with other players around the world. Gamers can complete missions to unlock new content and level up, whether online or offline. Custom skateparks can be created and shared throughout the community.
For those of you looking for pre-order bonuses, check them out below.
Pre-order Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 from Amazon on Xbox One or PlayStation 4 and deck out one of your in-game skaters with the exclusive Hawk Skull Board. Board will be available for use in all levels and game modes and contains an exclusive graphic and effects trail.
Pre-order Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 from GameStop on Xbox One or PlayStation 4 and receive the GameStop Exclusive Totally Rad 80's Pack!
- 80's Tony Hawk Character Skin
- 80's Inspired Birdhouse Board
- Tony Hawk's Anti-Gravity Board
12:57 PM - June 25, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Nordic Games has announced MX vs. ATV Supercross Encore is coming to Xbox One and PlayStation 4 in late 2015. It is currently available on Steam, as an early access game. The game will feature more than 30 tracks, more than 60 official riders, multiple game modes, online multiplayer events with up to 12 players and more. Players will be able to customize their rider with brand new 2015 apparel items, new graphic kits and performance parts from more than 80 licensed motocross companies.
Check out some of the new screenshots here, along with more details about the game, on the official website.
Rip, jump and scrub your way on more than 30 tracks and try to cross the finish line first against more than 60 official riders to attain all that motocross glory. Choose between bikes or ATVs, multiple game modes including Career, Single races, Free Ride, and online multiplayer events with up to 12 players. Perform amazing tricks to impress your fans or just "whip" over jumps to finish the race first. Customize your rider with items from numerous licensed motocross companies to kick up dirt and dust on your way to victory.
- Over 30 Tracks – Including challenging Supercross tracks and bonus outdoor tracks from MX vs. ATV Alive
- Updated high-res textures and models
- More than 80 licensed motocross companies in the game to ensure authenticity
- Brand new 2015 apparel and graphics kits.
- Multiplayer with up to 12 players
- Split screen mode for 2 local players
- Free Ride mode for racing without boundaries
- 12 Outdoor Nationals tracks from MX vs. ATV Alive
- 2 Open World environments from MX vs. ATV Alive
- Free Ride – Explore the world by yourself or with your friends online.
- Waypoint – A fan favorite available for the first time with the Alive environments. Find the quickest path to reach all of the gates before your competition does.
- Brand new and updated 2015 apparel, licensed from top Motocross companies
- 5 Rhythm Racing tracks - A new game mode and first for the MX vs. ATV series. Drag race your friends down straightened out Supercross dirt tracks filled with obstacles and jumps. Practice your Rhythm Racing by yourself in single player or take on your friends online and with split screen racing.
- Updated high-res rider models, bikes, and track textures which are rendered in true HD
- The entire audio system has been re-mastered which includes adding in for the first time 3D positional and new environmental effects. This new audio results in a more clear and immersive high definition experience for the player.
- Smoother online play
- Introducing a tutorial section explaining controls and pro tips offering guidance for newcomers to the series.
- New UI elements with an improved flow
09:38 AM - June 25, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Microsoft and Turn10 Studios have revealed the Xbox One Forza 6 Limited Edition 1TB Bundle. The blue console has a 1TB hard drive and custom engine sounds for start-up, shutdown and ejecting discs. It will come with a blue controller with rubberized diamond grips and a digital copy of Forza Motorsport 6, along with the Ten Year Anniversary Car Pack. Check out the video to see it all in action.
The console is available for pre-order now costing $399.99, with a shipping date of September 15.
Wednesday, June 24, 2015
08:01 PM - June 24, 2015. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane were just announced as the NHL 16 cover athletes, during the 2015 NHL Awards show. For the first time in the history of the franchise, two teammates will share the cover, along with the Stanley Cup trophy.
Patrick Kane was the cover athlete for NHL 10, while Jonathan Toews was the NHL 11 cover athlete.
Read the full press release below.
EA Sports NHL 16 Reveals 2015 Stanley Cup Champions Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane as Cover Athletes
Chicago Blackhawks Captain and Right Winger Team Up to Share the Cover Spotlight for the First Time in Franchise History
Chicago Blackhawks Captain and Right Winger Team Up to Share the Cover Spotlight for the First Time in Franchise History
Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:EA), the National Hockey League (NHL®) and the National Hockey League Players’ Association (NHLPA) announced today during the 2015 NHL Awards™ that three-time Stanley Cup® Champions Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane from the Chicago Blackhawks® will both appear on the cover of EA SPORTS™ NHL® 16. This marks the first time in franchise history that the cover has featured two teammates as well as the Stanley Cup trophy. Kane and Toews are also the only athletes to appear on an EA SPORTS™ NHL cover twice. The duo spotlight embodies the spirit of NHL 16, where you’ll play together and win together.
“I’m honored to not only share the Stanley Cup Championship with Patrick, but to share the EA SPORTS NHL 16 cover with him too,” said Toews. “Our team’s passion and dedication have made this all possible – and I’m sure fans will be fired up about it.”
“Being teamed up with Jonathan for the NHL 16 cover is a great feeling,” said Kane. “I never would have imagined being on the cover twice, and the fact this is happening on top of our team taking home the Cup is unreal.”
“Congratulations to both players; they are a perfect fit for this honor,” said Dave McCarthy, NHL Vice President of Consumer Products Marketing. "What the Chicago Blackhawks have been able to accomplish in the last six years has been nothing short of remarkable and I’m excited that this year’s NHL 16 cover will reflect the spirit of teamwork.”
"We would like to congratulate Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane on this well-deserved honor of being chosen as the duo cover athletes,” said Adam Larry, NHLPA Director of Licensing and Associate Counsel. “Hockey fans show great passion and interest in the EA SPORTS video game franchise each year, and they will be pleased to see these two outstanding teammates grace the cover of NHL 16.”
Built with more fan feedback and insights than ever before, NHL 16 delivers your most requested features and modes along with new experiences that make NHL 16 bigger and better. With new levels of depth across single player and team modes, combined with improved gameplay balance and innovation as well as new tools to help you play at your highest level, NHL 16 lets you play together and win together.
NHL 16 hits store shelves on September 15, 2015 in North America and September 17, 2015 in Europe for Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, and PlayStation®4. EA SPORTS™ NHL® Legacy Edition brings together the most popular modes and award-winning gameplay features from nine years of NHL hockey and will be available for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system, and the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system.
01:35 PM - June 24, 2015. Posted by MMChrisS.
Madden NFL 16 had a big E3 week, with plenty of new feature announcements. You can read some of our thoughts on how the new features are stacking up in our E3 hands-on preview.
Many of the new features, such as DB/WR interactions (with the added mechanics), have been requested by the community for several years. The better penalties and reworked QBs are also going to be big additions.
However, it should be noted that the defense has saw improvements as well to the gang-tackling and tackling mechanics.
What do you think? What gameplay addition has you most excited as we head into the new season of Madden?
01:19 PM - June 24, 2015. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Chris Sanner
The post-E3 world is always a fun time where we know more about our favorite sports games, but not quite everything. And while exciting, there's always a lot of anticipation waiting on the next shoe to drop when it comes to info.
And let's face it, some games simply don't show up to E3 -- I'm looking at you 2K Sports games.
But with that said, if you are a sports gamer and you somehow don't have a favorite sport -- and if you want to simply know which games you should be most excited about buying heading into the Fall, here is the list of the major AAA sports games which are simply looking the best coming out of E3:
- Need for Speed: Was there a game which had a better E3? I'm not really sure. Need for Speed looks great, and seems like it is finally combining all of the elements that makes each iteration of the series great into one superstar packed game. Here's to hoping...
- NBA 2K16: There's not much to say about NBA 2K16 at this point. We don't know much, and that's probably ok as this has been the norm the past couple of years. The game itself has no reason to not be on the up and up after a great run the past few years.
- Madden NFL 16: The passing game is getting serious work, legacy issues are being worked on, and there's a new mode that might be pretty cool in Draft Champions. As always, Madden will always have its detractors but the series has been rising in quality every year and that track will not abate this year it looks.
- Forza Motorsport 6: Yes, there's a built in 'this is only for Xbox' strike against Forza...and that's not anything that can be helped. The game itself looks spectacular and the improvements in modes are going to make this the best in the series yet.
- NHL 16: After a year that was nothing short of a disaster the game simply needed to have something big. While it had a quiet E3, it also had a quietly very impressive show. Many came away impressed with the on-ice gameplay, here's to hoping the modes are better.
- FIFA 16: No, FIFA isn't going anywhere. The subtle improvements being sold at E3 though really didn't move the needle for many. However, don't bet against FIFA being great once again.
- PES 2016: There's a lot to be excited about with PES, most notably the fact the game still exists despite Konami's recent direction change. The new controls and revamped Master League are quite intriguing. PES could be one to watch!
- NBA Live 16: This seems like a knock against NBA Live being this low, but it's really not. The game looks to have improved dramatically, with good player motion and some cool physics touches. Is basketball gaming about to become a tougher choice?
- Rory McIlroy PGA Tour: The dropoff from Live to Rory is pretty big. There wasn't much that impressed about the game at E3. The lack of licensed players means the game has to have a reason to lure you in and there's not much there. Pretty graphics? A few real courses? Yeah, I suppose.
- WWE 2K16: I'm still sitting here waiting for something, anything about WWE 2K. It's doubtful the game bombs, but there's no reason to have excitement about it just yet.
Update: Put PES 2016 into the rankings. That was a complete slip of the mind!
12:47 PM - June 24, 2015. Posted by bcruise. Written by Steve Noah
Slightly Mad Studios have revealed details for Project CARS patch 2.0. The patch isn't finalized yet, so some of these items may change. An updated patch list will arrive once the team submits the patch to Microsoft and Sony.
- PC – up to 5% frame rate improvement when using Ultra settings
- XB1 – up to 17% frame rate improvement in extreme conditions
- Multiplayer search filter 'Skill' now finds games based upon certain lobby game configuration criteria. For example, “Pro” setting now searches for Full Damage, Auto-start Engine, Forced Cockpit, Mechanical Failure, and so forth.
- Community events page – when an event cannot be entered, it will now display the reason why: ‘Coming Soon’ along with a countdown, or ‘Expired’.
- Online – Ensure that vehicle light repairs are synchronized in MP races so that repaired headlights are visible by other racers.
- Xbox One - fix attempt for a hard-to-reproduce issue where the game would at times freeze or crash when 8 or more players joined a session all at once.
- Xbox One – fixed an issue that at times would prevent a player from establishing full connectivity when leaving a lobby and trying to reconnect to it.
- PS4 – fixed an issue where, after the PS4 resumes from Rest Mode, no network features can be used.
- Adjustments made to the gears system, to prevent gears being skipped under certain conditions. This addresses an issue where gears would at times jump straight down to 1st, potentially causing engine blowouts.
- Steering wheels – reduced the centering rate of the steering spring. This improves the feel of steering wheels at very low speeds.
- Added support for the use of all active controllers for menu input. You can for example now use a steering wheel to race, and a gamepad to control the menus and photo mode.
- Gear shifters – when using an H-shifter on a car that has a sequential gearbox, the gearbox will now switch through the gears until the gear selected on the H-shifter is reached.
- Fixed an issue in Force Feedback calibration that would prevent a player from setting "Soft Clipping (Half Input)" back to 0 after modifying it from the original value.
- Thrustmaster T100 Force Feedback improvements.
- Fixed the Force Feedback dynamics for wheels with physical steering locks which were less than the steering lock of the vehicle in-game. This fixes the Force Feedback on the Thrustmaster T100 and similar wheels.
- Added a Motion Sensor controller profile.
- Fixed a crash issue when disconnecting and reconnecting Fanatec wheels.
- Enable support for USB keyboards to be used for in-game controls.
- Built in protection to prevent unsupported controller devices from crashing the game.
- Gear shifters – fixed an issue that prevented the selection of neutral when using an H-gate shifter add-on with a car that has an H-gate shifter in-game.
- Implemented accelerator vibration on the gamepad right trigger to indicate when and how much the tyres slip under acceleration.
- Madcatz wheel - fixed an issue where the switch on the wheel to change between 270 to 900 degree mode stopped functioning.
- Slowed down the AI opponents in the rain when using racing tyres, to make racing against them better balanced.
- Adjusted the AI tyre wear rate to better match the player’s tyre wear rate.
- Adjusted wear of Slicks and Rain tires to more realistic levels where needed. Typically GT/LMP/Formula cars will get slightly more than a full fuel load on soft or default slicks (depending on fuel load amounts).
- Adjusted the heating of slicks and rain tyres to more realistic levels.
- Adjusted tyre temperature sensitivity on several cars.
- Adjusted rain tyres to generally be more sensitive to overheating, and less efficient in the dry.
- Improvements to AI navigation to lessen collisions during cramped race starts, improve detection of other cars during cornering, and improve clean overtaking
- Improved the AI pitting logic during practice and qualifying so that the AI cars run more realistic stints before pitting.
- Reworked the AI’s fuelling logic during qualifying sessions where no refuelling is allowed, so that they don’t always fill up the fuel tanks and negatively impact their qualifying ability. The AI will now deliver far more competitive lap times during qualifying.
- Fixed an issue where the AI would set impossible lap times during races with pit stops.
- The AI will now pit as soon as possible when low on fuel to prevent them running out of fuel and retiring from the race.
- Reduced the effect of damage to the car’s cooling system when suffering aero damage. This prevents engines from overheating and blowing at an unrealistic rate.
- Fixed an issue that prevented bump starts from working properly on some cars. An example case – with gears and clutch set to manual, take an Ariel Atom out on Brands Hatch. At the first right hander, stall the car, ignition on, 2nd gear, roll down the hill up to about 15kph and drop the clutch. The car will now bump start. Exact conditions for a successful bump start will vary slightly by car.
- Fixed an issue where at times some AI drivers in a race would use much higher skill levels than the rest of the field.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the AI from pitting within the final 3 laps of a race
- Further tweaked the AI ability in wet races to more closely match the player car’s ability in the wet
- Improved the AI’s efficiency in pit timing when needing to change tyres due to weather conditions.
- Fixed an issue where wet tyres were fitted too long before the rain starts, causing excessive overheating and wear on the tyres.
- Fixed an issue where, when running low on fuel, the Pit Board would appear to tell the player to do a scheduled pit stop when the player did not schedule a pit stop.
- Fixed an issue where flat tyres were fitted to the car during a pit stop, by ensuring that the tyres are correctly inflated.
- Fixed an issue where the car’s bump-stop value decreased after leaving a race session and joining it again.
- Reworked the brake bias display information so that changing the values is more intuitive.
- Performance optimisation pass done on: Brands Hatch layouts, Cadwell layouts, Oulton Park layouts, Bathurst, Azure circuit, and Zolder. This helps improve the overall smoothness when racing on these tracks with large grids of cars.
- Track cutting tolerances reduced on all tracks where it was too forgiving.
- Fixed an issue where a pit crew character would at times appear floating above the race track on various tracks.
- Silverstone Stowe – fixed render issues on some tyre stacks, and addressed an issue with cars driving through certain objects.
- Road America – fixed an issue where a line of grass line appeared in the air near a concrete barrier.
- Spa Francorchamps – fixed an issue where cars under AI control would bump into the pit wall when exiting the pit lane. Fixed an issue where the AI were running too wide over the exit curb at the Bus Stop Chicane.
- Brno – fixed an issue where cars would at times start in the same grid positions, fixed garage six to prevent the AI from getting stuck on the right side wall when exiting the garage spot, fixed an issue when running more than 20 cars in a race would cause the car in 21st to slide into the pits.
- Le Mans – fixed an issue that would at times cause the car to crash while in the pit lane, leading to a disqualification. Improved the AI race line for better speed, and improved the AI behaviour on curbs.
- Laguna Seca – improved the AI performance as they were running too slow in some sections.
- Imola – Improved the pit lane AI navigation, and fixed an issue with a section of the fence at the pit entrance that appear to float.
- Bathurst - fixed a render issue with shimmering edges in parts of the track.
- Added a new RUF RGT8 GT3 contract to ensure that the player can enter the RUF GT3 series on contract renewal and not just when starting a new career.
- Fixed the unlock details for the Supercar Ardennes Club Day Invitational.
- Fixed an issue where skipping the session during a race caused the player to move up in the session results.
- Group 5 cars – adjusted the gearshift timing tolerances to fix an issue with the gearing when pausing and restarting a session.
- Gumpert Apollo – fixed an issue with the livery sets that caused the livery selection to display wrong liveries.
- Aston Martin Vantage GT3 – tuned engine lifetime and brake cooling parameters for better accuracy.
- Lotus 98T – tweaked turbo to improve AI estimation of top speed.
- McLaren F1 GTR – modified the default setup and reduced front bump steer to improve straight line stability, fixed an issue to ensure that the car’s specific HUD motec display is used
- McLaren F1 - Fixed an issue that caused the car to use the wrong default tyre compound.
- Ford GT40 MK4 – Reworked in several areas to improve handling and match the real car closer - Bump stops settings exposed in setup with better tuned setup defaults, increased wrap around stiffness of the tire carcass, rebalanced base vs tear grip, rebalanced player vs AI rain performance against the AI.
- All Formula vehicles – Stop brake light reflections appearing on cars that don’t have brake lights.
- Fixed an issue where the player position would at times change to last when player crosses the starting line during rolling starts.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when selecting the ‘Edit Tuning Setup’ option in the ‘PIT BOX’ screen.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash while watching a saved replay.
- Driver Network Profile – fixed an issue where entering Free Practice mode would count toward Races Entered.
- PS4 – fixed an issue that required the game to first restart after installing an in-game DLC before the DLC would be available for use.
- Audio – rebalanced the volume of skid sounds to make them a bit more audible.
- PC, Oculus Rift – added Oculus 0.6.0.0 SDK support, enabled positional tracking in non-helmet player camera views, implemented initial menus and HUD support, auto reset player view position at the start of a race, and disabled all non-VR-friendly scripted pre-race camera sequences.
- PC, D-BOX – fixed an issue that caused cars to lose power when playing with D-BOX connected.
- Updated the achievement "I am the 5%" to ensure that it can be achieved in non-Pro-modes as well.
- Fixed a game crash issue caused by an overflow of the email inbox when the player received above a certain amount of invitational emails.
- GUI – fixed an issue where the controls configuration arrows in Options would not respond correctly to mouse input when attempting fine adjustment.
09:35 AM - June 24, 2015. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Douglas Veney
OS Friend Douglas Veney has posted a new video detailing five things you should absolutely know about Madden NFL 16.
Douglas goes over the big changes to gameplay such as the WR/DB interactions and new penalties system. Also discussed are Ultimate Team, the new Draft Champions mode and more! Also check out the referenced Shopmaster interview on YouTube.
When you are done watching the video, check out Douglas' channel (GoodGameBro) on YouTube and subscribe. And when you are done with that, follow Douglas on Twitter.