An exciting new sport, a fun new game.
A look at what WWE 2K17 needs to do to succeed this year.
A look at Noodlecake Studios' recent gem...
Will we see Ultimate Team only games? A return of NCAA?
Operation Sports Content
Sunday, July 10, 2016
03:24 PM - July 10, 2016. Posted by smiley3. Written by Steve Noah
EA Sports has posted another Madden NFL 17 trailer. This one is a developer diary on the authenticity in the game. We've posted a small GIF above, but watch the full trailer here.
Check it out and post your thoughts.
11:42 AM - July 10, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve NoahEvery Sunday, we will get you caught up on the sports gaming news you might have missed during the week.
- NHL 17 - More Details on Gameplay, Franchise, EASHL & Much More (Game Informer)
- Kevin Durant Will Sign with the Golden State Warriors - Are They Cheese in NBA 2K17?
- NBA Live Mobile Available Now on Android & iOS Devices
- Vote For the FIFA 17 Global Cover Athlete (James, Martial, Reus or Hazard)
- Madden NFL 17 Podcast: Process of Building Ratings, OVR Formula & More: Part 2 of 2
- NBA 2K17: The Winners and Losers from Free Agency
- EA Sports UFC 2 Free Trial Available Now - July 11, Play Full Game For 5 Hours
- Need For Speed Arrives in The Vault on July 12 For Origin & EA Access Subscribers
- MLB The Show 16 is Currently on Sale For $39.88 at Amazon
- The Best Players on New Teams in Madden NFL 17
- How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Diamond Dynasty
- F1 2016 Features 22 Player Online Racing, Formation Lap & Manual Starts
- How Set Pieces Have Changed in FIFA 17 (Trailer & Interview)
- 9 Things We Learned About Madden NFL 17 (Gamesradar)
- PES 2017 Ships on September 13, More Details, Modes, Screenshots Revealed
- Will We Ever See All-Star Weekend in EA Sports NHL?
- NHL 17 Q&A #3 - New Animations, HUT, Draft Champions & Much More
- Oculus Rift Support Arrives on July 11 For DiRT Rally
Saturday, July 9, 2016
10:47 AM - July 9, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Codemasters is adding Oculus Rift support for DiRT Rally, on July 11. Fans will be able download it from the Oculus Store. Existing PC players will receive the update on the same day.
Source - Codemasters
Friday, July 8, 2016
03:45 PM - July 8, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
NHL 17 Producers are answering questions on their Ask NHL page, similar to how they did it last year. If you have questions, make sure to submit them here.
We've posted some of the questions and answers below, click here to read them all.
If you missed the first Q&A click here, the second Q&A can be read here.
The Orlando Solar Bears play at the amway center. Will the graphics of the stadium reflect that our will we get the generic arena like in the past games?
We will have the authentic center ice logo and center line and all of the home fans will be wearing the authentic jerseys as well, but the arena will not have the exact architecture of the Amway Center.
How many different things can you customize when it comes to your arena?
There are a lot of things you can customize in your arena. Everything from the base architectural design all the way to the in-arena presentation of music, special effects and lighting. As some examples you will be able to create a very unique brand having control over your board trim colour, seat pattern layouts/colour schemes, railing colours, goal light types, center ice logo design/layout,center line styles, stanchion styles/colours, goal spotlight effects, scoreboard types, special effects during intros/goals, goal songs, powerplay songs, and a bunch of other details.
Is there going to be speed differentials between skaters? For example nhl 15 and 16 made it so the defender no matter what position he was in if he turned it over at the blue line he some how was able to get back and break up the break away. Nhl 14 had it spot on with the acceleration and speed differences between players.
This is a bit subjective as there are differences in player speed/acceleration based on attributes but other effects such as fatigue, skating with the puck, etc. can have an impact. In a tuner for NHL 16, we actually reduced the impact skating with the puck has on your skating, especially when hustling and pushing it ahead. This will be the case in NHL 17 as well.
Will the 1-3-1 powerplay be in the game? It's the one that pretty much every team in the NHL uses now. Caps, Penguins, etc. Also are the behind the net and in front of net variations of the 1-3-1 in?
We haven't added new powerplay formations to the game this year.
Has EA considered adding a "classic teams" mode or roster? For example: any of the the Oilers teams from the 80"s, the 1997/1998,2002 Red wings, the early 90's Penguins, the 93 Canadiens or Kings and so on. It would be great to play as these teams in single matches or be able to add the teams/ or individual players to GM mode.
Thanks for the question Rob. We've definitely considered classic teams however there are some challenges when it comes to licensing. There is not a single union for all retired players which means that we have to license each player from each team individually which can be logistically challenging.
Read More - NHL 17 Q&A #3 - New Animations, HUT, Draft Champions & More
01:12 PM - July 8, 2016. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Fraser Gilbert
I don't know about you, but I love the post-E3 phase leading up to the release of a future sports title. After waiting for the smallest bit of information, we're swamped with details that we analyze extensively over the following months. Interviews, pre-order bonuses and betas all contribute to the ever-rising levels of anticipation before the finished product finally arrives in our hands, and hopefully, it lives up to the hype. Yeah, it's all an elaborate marketing technique, but it's a lot of fun all the same.
The frustrating part about a situation like this is not being able to get hands-on for ourselves, and that's why many of us channel that anticipation into something creative. When it comes to the NHL series, everyone has an opinion. Our NHL 17 wishlist articles and forum entries have been swamped with comments about what you'd like to see in this year's iteration, and the same thing happens on a yearly basis. Usually, these ideas are formed based on inaccuracies in the previous title's gameplay and game modes. There's a group of people who request the same things year-on-year, though, and the All-Star Weekend often falls into that category.
Read More - Will We Ever See All-Star Weekend in EA Sports NHL?
04:58 AM - July 8, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Konami has announced September 13 as the release date for PES 2017 and revealed additional details and modes for the game.
- The Scouts required to sign the player you need is now available through the auction house. If you sign the right Scout with their specialty areas covering your star, scouting him will be so much more higher in chance. 2017 functions support the scout to keep their word when you specifically describe the player you want to sign.
- It is now easier to sign players below the rate of 75 through Top Agents.
- Now you can check your opponent's play style and tendency when matching on online matches with Match Analysis. Observe and learn your opposition's approach, and change your Advanced Instructions to take command and control of the next match.
- New tutorials have been created when starting myClub, making it easy for newcomers and veterans to learn everything about the mode.
- Significant changes to the transfer system, with new dedicated budgets for transfer funds and player wages. More variety in the negotiation such as 6 month loan, and signing the player during his loan period.
- The element of time has been added to the last day on transfer windows, setting a deadline to add excitement and tension to sign your players, just like in real life football.
- Directors will also play their role on giving advice to the player for negotiations.
- Team role which has been a popular addition since 2016 sees further enhancement with now 22 roles compared to 10 in PES 2016, with added roles such as 'Hero' and 'Bad Boy'. This allows for more character establishment for your team.
- Player Growth system has been improved, with players now acquiring not just abilities as in PES 2016 but also skills. Some players may see a boost in their abilities while on loan.
- Training system has been further improved, with players now being able to learn skills and establish their play style through Training. In PES 2017 players can now learn their position, enabling you to further realize your ideal player and team.
- Day and night match balancing throughout the season, taking into account real life kick off times.
- New feature within certain match modes tracks your player history for offline matches with friends, as well as your playing styles
- Never have to wonder who is better between you and your friends, as the mode will track everything from games won, lost, drawn, to goals scored and conceded
- Versus also deeply tracks playing style, such as possession play or if you like to counter attack. It will also let you know your favorite move, such as sliding tackle or interception.
- Improved judgment on player collisions to determine fouls. Smaller fouls will be called up, as well as extra intelligence when playing the advantage rule, including going back to book players after an earlier challenge.
- Additional stadiums added, from new licenses to original designs. Brand new pitch turf designs give variety, as well as new options on goal net types in edit mode, which adds a unique look to every stadium you play in.
- Available as a Day One update when users connect online. Weekly updates will now be able to be downloaded to all offline modes. This will enable all users with online connections to play with the latest rosters. This will also apply to European transfers for winter, the long wait is now gone from your worries.
- Completely new menu design throughout the game, from main menu to pre-match settings to gameplan. Significant upgrade to match presentation, including new HUD and redesigned highlights and replay system.
- New controller vibration adds the feeling of being in the thick of the action. Varying vibrations for impact and player collisions, as well as shots and when the ball hits the post.
- Share your create teams and players with other only through easy transfer via USB
- Data sharing is multiregional, allowing European users to share with fans from US or Asia
Thursday, July 7, 2016
01:19 PM - July 7, 2016. Posted by jpdavis82. Written by Steve Noah
Gamesradar has posted 9 things they learned about Madden NFL 17, during their hands-on time at EA Tiburon.
12:53 PM - July 7, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
EA has posted an interview with FIFA 17 lead gameplay producer Sam Rivera, as he goes in-depth about how set pieces have changed. Make sure to check out the new trailer here, going over more details.
What is Set Piece Rewrite?
Set pieces in FIFA had used the same system for many years and it was time for a change. We've looked at every aspect of set pieces in the game - free kicks, penalties, corners, throw-ins - to give players greater freedom and control in how they take them.
For example, our corner kick mechanics in FIFA 17 is very different from earlier years and feels really fun. There are now many more ways you can take a corner, leading to more scoring chances or other attacking opportunities.
Just how different are corners?
First of all, the aiming is different. In the past, the longer you held a button, the further the ball travelled because of the added power. Now, using the left stick allows you to aim exactly where in the box you want the cross delivered. This works by moving a reticule on the screen that represents the target of your cross. Tapping the button results in a ball that has a loopy trajectory, good when aiming for the far post or taller players. However if you hold the button longer then you'll have a more driven trajectory ball, for a near post move, or a flick on.
You can also switch to and control players in the box, which allows you to adjust where they are in the area. You can move them around to create greater space and a better attempt on goal.
What about penalties?
Penalties are really cool this year. You can now adjust your starting position and control how you approach the ball. Obviously the faster you approach the ball the more power you have in your shot. It's also more likely you could mess up the shot, so there is a decision to make before taking a strike. When you power up you will have the same shooting mechanic as in regular gameplay - the longer you power up, the higher and harder the ball travels.
Is this the same for free kicks?
Yes, it's very similar for free kicks. You place yourself behind the ball where you want to start your run. Your placement behind the ball will affect the spin. The further back you go, the more power you can get in your shot. You can decide to shoot from the inside or outside of the ball to adjust your shot. As with penalties, the longer you hold, the more power and elevations you get in each shot.
What about throw-ins, anything new there?
We have a few new thing with throw-ins. In the past, players did not have the freedom to move along the touchline. Now, the thrower can walk the line to gain a better position on the throw.
You can also do fake throws. This works in the same way as when you take a fake shot; you start your pass but a quick press of another button stops your throwing motion. This allows you to fake out your opponent and potentially pass the ball to an unmarked player.
09:19 AM - July 7, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
F1 2016 features 22 player online racing, and the introduction of features such as the Formation Lap and manual starts.
Check out the latest F1 2016 trailer featuring in-game footage, new time-of-day editor, action from the paddock and hospitality area, including your engineer and agent, as well as the pit lane, grid and track.
Source - Codemasters
09:11 AM - July 7, 2016. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Caley Roark
Since its inception, the Diamond Dynasty suite of modes is something that I wanted to like. The combination of collectible card game, roster management and baseball simulation should have been right in my wheelhouse. Yet, year after year, it quickly took a backseat to the stalwart Franchise mode; then, later, the vastly improved Road to the Show.
Something about Diamond Dynasty just didn't click for me. Maybe it was its reliance on online play for a truly engaging experience. The management and collection side of things also just made building a roster a min/max experience -- simply start all of your best players and never look back.
So, imagine my internal surprise as I admit that in 2016, shortly before the All-Star Break, Diamond Dynasty has been my go-to mode. In fact, I'm hardly a month into my franchise, which I started shortly after the OS Rosters were released. What happened?
Read More - How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Diamond Dynasty
07:20 AM - July 7, 2016. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Ben Vollmer
As we approach the beginning of a new year in the NFL, it's finally time to speculate about the slew of players joining a new team in the 2016 NFL season. Whether it be through the NFL Draft or free agency, almost all available players have found a landing spot for the upcoming season. Some will make a gigantic impact, others may not even make the field. So which players, of those that will be playing with a new team, will be making the biggest impact in this year's Madden?
Read More - The Best Players on New Teams in Madden NFL 17
Wednesday, July 6, 2016
07:06 PM - July 6, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
MLB The Show 16 is currently on sale for $39.88 at Amazon.
07:00 PM - July 6, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Need For Speed is coming to The Vault for EA Access members on July 12. For those of you that might still be unaware, EA Access is an Xbox One exclusive, allowing members to try upcoming EA games prior to release, offering 10% off all EA digital purchases and more. It also gives users access to The Vault, which houses a growing library of EA games subscribers can play as much as they want. Users can subscribe to EA Access for $4.99 per month, or $29.99 for a full year.
Origin Access, exclusive for PC users, is very similar to the Xbox One subscription service, EA Access. While EA Access offers monthly ($4.99) and annual ($29.99) subscriptions, Origin Access is a monthly subscription ($4.99) service only. PlayStation 4 users are still left out in the cold, since Sony hasn't budged from their previous statements and don't expect to anytime soon.
PC users can play Need for Speed for 10 free hours right now, without an Origin Access account. Click here to download.
06:21 PM - July 6, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
As mentioned over the past weekend, the free trial for EA Sports UFC 2 is now available through Monday, July 11. Xbox One and PlayStation 4 users can download the trial and play the full game at no charge, for 5 hours.
Users can also save up to 50% on EA Sports UFC 2 at select retailers.
How to Play For Free
Xbox One (Queue it up here)
- From Xbox Home (dashboard)
- Tab over to Store page
- Select “Search games store”
- Search for “EA SPORTS UFC 2”
- Select “EA SPORTS™ UFC® 2” from the results
- Select the “Get it FREE” option
- From PlayStation Dynamic menu (dashboard)
- Select PlayStation Store
- Search for “EA SPORTS UFC 2”
- Select “EA SPORTS™ UFC® 2” from the results
- Scroll down to the Demo category
- Select the Trial
- Select “Get Free Demo”
07:51 AM - July 6, 2016. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Kevin Groves
Baseball has the "Hot Stove League." Soccer has the "Silly Season." The NFL is year-round, and now, the NBA's offseason is nearly as good as their regular season. From the moment the NBA Finals end, we as fans go straight into offseason mode starting with the NBA Draft. Once the dust settles and the Celtics make the last of their seemingly infinite picks, we dive straight into free agency. Last year gave us the DeAndre Jordan saga, and this year it's all about KD and that new TV money.
Teams are just about to be able to officially sign all these players agreeing to deals, so let's look at early returns.
Read More - NBA 2K17: The Winners and Losers from Free Agency