Which team without a championship has the best chance of doing it?
How to find an online franchise in Madden NFL 17.
After a successful release, where does the series go from here?
A look at what teams could be your best bet to upend the Warriors in 2K17.
Exophase has just revealed the trophy list for NBA 2KVR Experience. No official word from 2K yet, but we could hear something soon. Post your thoughts!
Complete any Skills Challenge Course, on any difficulty, in SOLO mode.
Complete a Three-Point game, on any difficulty, in SOLO mode.
Complete a Time Attack game, on any difficulty, in SOLO mode.
Complete any Party Single Event, on any difficulty (main user only).
Complete a Party Tournament, on any difficulty (main user only).
Consume every type of boost, and complete a game with each boost, in SOLO mode.
Unlock all Skills Challenge Courses, on any difficulty, in SOLO mode.
Sink every other shot in a Three-Point game, on any difficulty, in SOLO mode.
Reach challenge 10 (and sink the basket successfully) on Buzzer Beater, in SOLO mode.
Complete a Three-Point game without missing a single shot, on Pro difficulty, in SOLO mode.
Achieve a catch-to-release time of less than 10.0 seconds and never miss a shot, on Pro or All-Star difficulty in Buzzer Beater, in SOLO mode.
Complete a Time Attack game without missing a single shot, on any difficulty, with at least 15 successful baskets, in SOLO mode.
Complete Course 10 of Skills Challenge on All-Star difficulty, without a single miss, in SOLO mode.
It's an exciting time for sports in Cleveland these days. The Cavaliers succeeded in finally bringing a championship to the city, and the Indians nearly managed to follow up that feat with another one in baseball. But there's still one team in the city that continues to be an emblem for futility and an inspiration to raging dumpster fires everywhere. Of course, I'm talking about the Browns.
With the Browns currently sitting at 0-10 and on a very real path to a winless campaign, plenty of people are pondering how to possibly salvage this mess and return the franchise to a greatness it's never really achieved. But unlike them, I'm not interested in proposing some tangible path to making this happen, but instead looking at what could have been done before all this even happened to make the 2016 Browns a better squad.
The most obvious reason the Browns currently find themselves in the predicament they're now in is because they have whiffed on so many draft picks in recent years. So in the interests of altering history, I've decided to go back to the future (and the past) to determine how the team might fare in a simulated 2016 if they had made some better picks along the way. Some rules for this experiment...
Read More -- Rewriting the Browns' Draft History in Madden NFL 17
Front Office Football Eight is scheduled to arrive next week for $29.95, existing customers will receive a 10% discount.
UPDATE: (11-23) Front Office Football Eight is available now on Steam.
2016 has been an astoundingly good year for video games in general and sports video games in particular. It’s been far too long since host Rich Grisham connected with good friend Cicero Holmes from Spawn on Me to chat about his take on the scene, so we righted that wrong this week to discuss exactly that. From the spate of new hardware to the entire slate of console simulation sports titles, Rich and Cicero discuss it all – agreeing on some topics and differing on others.
On the show this episode:
Joining us this week:
- Richard Grisham (@RichGrisham), Out of the Park Developments
- Cicero Holmes (@stubbystan), Spawn On Me
Text sims are called that for a reason; traditionally, games in this genre are mostly text and numbers. Even modern titles like Out of the Park can look like (fun) spreadsheets at times. For veterans, there is joy to navigating walls of information; for newcomers, everything might look too daunting or, frankly, boring.
Thanks, I think, in part to the rise of mobile gaming, we are getting more “casual” text sims on the PC: those simulations that may be a little more pretty, a little less deep, but just as fun as their more time-consuming counterparts.
A recent example is Motorsport Manager, which gets its PC release a few years after a successful launch on iOS. Now backed by SEGA, this game from PlaySport is one of the nicest looking simulation/management games available, even if its depth and fun aren’t quite as commendable.
Read More - Motorsport Manager Review (PC)
I'm addicted to Pro Evolution Soccer this year. In terms of gameplay, it finally feels like Konami has recaptured the essence of the series' glory years, improving on its previous iteration to a substantial degree. PES 2017 is packed with brand-new additions that contribute to this, and Advanced Instructions is one of them. It's a feature that makes the act of coaching a more streamlined experience, and if you can master this element of the game, you'll have a big advantage over those who don't even know it exists.
Let's take this opportunity to break these instructions down and discuss this feature in detail.
Read More - Breaking Down Advanced Instructions in PES 2017
2K today announced that NBA 2K17 will kick off an unprecedented, in-game music series: Park After Dark, check out the trailer here. Park After Dark will transform and elevate NBA 2K17’s MyPARK mode into a high-energy music destination with special performances from music icons, including Future, Snoop Dogg AKA “DJ SNOOPADELIC”, DJ Premier and more to be announced. These one of-a-kind performances are open to anyone with NBA 2K17 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Windows PC.
NBA 2K has history of featuring music icons in-game, from soundtrack curations by Jay Z and Pharrell Williams, to original, custom tracklists from top DJs like DJ Khaled, DJ Mustard and DJ Premier in last year’s NBA 2K16. Music is an integral part of the NBA experience, and as the #1 NBA video-game series, NBA 2K continues to push new boundaries in entertainment – especially as NBA 2K17 Park After Dark will feature an eclectic nighttime setting reminiscent of today’s biggest music festivals, complete with a center stage for the performance featuring a superstar avatar.
Xbox Live Gold members on Xbox One can play NBA 2K17 for free this weekend, with Xbox Live Gold’s Free Play Days.
WWE SuperCard Season 3 is now available as a free downloadable update on the App Store for iOS devices, the Google Play Store, and Amazon Appstore for Android devices. Featuring the series’ first real-time gameplay mode, three new card tiers, an increased roster of WWE and NXT Superstars, as well as new ways to compete with others from around the world, WWE SuperCard continues raising the bar for competitive and engaging WWE action in a unique format.
WWE SuperCard’s Season 3 includes the following:
- NEW CARD TIERS – Access three new card tiers and compete for more than 100 new cards;
- ROYAL RUMBLE – Pit 15 cards against 15 of an opponent’s cards in a brand new, real-time gameplay mode in a battle to see the last card standing;
- SEASON 1 LEGACY CARDS – Retain Season 1 cards through their transition to Legacy cards in Season 3, with the cards available for play in the game’s new Wild Mode feature;
- SEASON 2 CARDS TRANSITION – Retain Season 2 cards for play in all Season 3 game modes;
- WILD MODE – Use both active and legacy cards to compete against opponents and gain more active cards;
- RANKED MODE – Battle players from around the world for the top slot in a new monthly leaderboard for prestige and awards.
The official Madden NFL 17 roster update for week 11 is available now. These weekly roster updates include changes to player ratings, depth charts, and injuries for all 32 teams.
You can check all of the changes here. We've listed some of the changes below.
- Ben Roethlisberger +1 (Overall 93)
- Geno Atkins +1 (Overall 92)
- Kam Chancellor +1 (Overall 92)
- Delanie Walker +1 (Overall 92)
- Martellus Bennett +1 (Overall 91)
- Russell Wilson +1 (Overall 91)
- Jason Witten +1 (Overall 91)
- Cameron Jordan +2 (Overall 90)
- Jamie Collins Sr. +1 (Overall 89)
- Janoris Jenkins +1 (Overall 89)
- Kyle Juszczyk +1 (Overall 89)
- Darian Stewart +1 (Overall 89)
- Landon Collins +2 (Overall 88)
- Marcus Peters +1 (Overall 88)
- Josh Sitton +1 (Overall 88)
- Terrell Suggs +1 (Overall 88)
- Demaryius Thomas +1 (Overall 88)
- Brandon Brooks +2 (Overall 87)
- Ryan Kerrigan +1 (Overall 87)
- Matt Paradis +1 (Overall 87)
- Jason Pierre-Paul +1 (Overall 87)
- Kawann Short +1 (Overall 87)
- Brandin Cooks +1 (Overall 86)
- Ezekiel Elliott +1 (Overall 86)
- Dak Prescott +1 (Overall 82)
- Chris Harris Jr. -1 (Overall 92)
- Richard Sherman -1 (Overall 91)
- Andrew Whitworth -1 (Overall 91)
- Tyler Eifert -1 (Overall 90)
- Pernell McPhee -2 (Overall 89)
- Jordan Reed -1 (Overall 89)
- Matt Ryan -1 (Overall 89)
- Joe Thomas -1 (Overall 89)
- Doug Martin -2 (Overall 88)
- Jurrell Casey -1 (Overall 87)
- Carlos Dunlap -2 (Overall 87)
- Brandon Scherff -1 (Overall 86)
This week’s Throwback Thursday is heating up… MONSTER JAM! HE’S ON FIRE!
Read More - Throwback Thursday: NBA Jam
Every sport but baseball features some form of a salary cap -- and even baseball has embraced some of the vestiges of a cap without going all in on actually capping overall team salaries with the luxury tax.
With that in mind, sports games generally do a decent job at simulating the cap as it stands at the moment, though NBA 2K17 does introduce dynamic elements to the league into the future such as salary cap and rules changes.
Managing the cap can be a pain for sports gamers, as non-direct knowledge of how it works could end up wrecking your roster. Some games explain their salary rules better than others as well.
So what about you? Do you play with the Salary Cap on or off? What do you do to manage your team's overall salary? Sound off by voting in our poll!
You can now earn more rewards by playing and winning games in NHL 17. If you win a division title in HUT Online Seasons you will get an Online Seasons Rewards Pack. Check out the full details below.
HUT ONLINE SEASONS DIVISION TITLE REWARDS
If you win a division title in HUT Online Seasons, you will now earn an Online Seasons Reward Pack on top of the coin bonus for winning the division. The pack can be found in your Unopened Packs and contains 3 untradeable items that can consist of one or more of the following items*:
- Any active and available Bronze jerseys, logos, coaches or collectibles
- Any active and available Silver jerseys, logos, coaches or collectibles
- Any active and available Gold items.
- NHL Rewards Pack – For winning division titles in Online HUT Seasons Division 1 or 2
- AHL Rewards Pack – For winning division titles in Online HUT Seasons Division 3, 4, 5 or 6
- CHL Rewards Pack – For winning division titles in Online HUT Seasons Division 7, 8, 9, or 10
PES 2017 data pack 2.0 is scheduled to arrive on November 24, while the promised PS4 Pro support has been pushed to mid-December.
HB Studios have released The Golf Club VR patch 1.04, check out the full details below. Currently the game is only available on PC via Steam, compatible with the HTC Vive.
- Clearing local save data and then resuming saved course leaves watch/pointer/menu disabled
- If user switches controllers without restarting the game, the new controller will not display shot grades.
- Add the green speeds to the putter info pop up instead of surface penalty, when on the green.
- The practice putt on Pro flashes in when putting beside the ball.
- Interactions between golf balls and clubs and the bag cause the bag to fall over.
- The ball can bounce off of the users pocket after being hit.
- The watch breaks after losing tracking with the headset.
With the addition of Rivals you will now be able to compete against scores posted by your friends and other community members. With the option to select up to 3 Rivals per-round you will see their scores update alongside yours after each hole. A few things that you need to know about Rivals:
- All available courses now have a Rivals button that you can select before beginning your round.
- When viewing Rivals the difficulty of each submitted scorecard is displayed with the users name and score.
- You are free to compete against any scorecard regardless of the difficulty you have chosen.
- Only completed scorecards will be posted to the Rival list.
- Scorecards that have been caught cheating will not be posted to the Rival lists. You are free to play how you enjoy the game however we want to keep a fair balance to the posted scores.
In-game stats can now be viewed on the back of the yardage book. The stats that are displayed are based off the set difficulty that you have chosen through the settings. You can switch between difficulties freely do view your stats with each one. Only completed rounds will add to the accumulation of your in-game stats.