We talk with NCAA Football's Ben Haumiller about Ultimate Team Mode and what to expect!
A look at five features removed from the game that should make a comeback.
Best Buy has inadvertently (or purposefully) leaked more info on this year's FIFA.
A look at what EA Sports' new game(s) which are planned to be revealed at E3 might be...
1. Golden State evens series on big comeback.
Over the final 9:40 of the fourth quarter and overtime the Warriors outscored the Spurs 25-7 to even the series at two games apiece. Tuesday night's matchup in San Antonio proves to be a pivotal one, especially if Golden State is able to steal a win for a chance to clinch at home in ... Read More
ESPN's Jon Robinson has posted an interview with Mike Vick, as they discuss his new top selling iOS game titled Mike Vick: GameTime. They also talk a little bit about Madden throughout the interview, along with a brand new screenshot from Madden NFL 25.
Read on to find out what they thought were the best and be sure to add your own into the discussion.
Read More - OS Roundtable: Which Sports Game Has the Best Control Scheme?
For those of you still playing NBA 2K12 on the PC, the best rosters can be found at NLSC. The Ultimate Base roster (Version 50), created by HAWK23 includes the most up to date roster, over 30 retro season mods, 2013/2014 Draft prospects and more. Check out the most recent updates below.
- We now have 35 full season mods from 1979 - Present
- Includes a "UBRV50 Association.ros" roster file which strips out all of the retro teams for those of you who just want the updated roster with flawless Season/Franchise mode. Don't worry the normal Ultimate Base Roster V50 with all the retros is still there too.
- All players on current teams have real portraits
- Added 2013-2014 Draft Prospects Team #1, Team #2, Team #3, and Team #4. These teams are carrying approximately 68 players. All players have real portraits and most have realistic / look-a-like cyberfaces. All player data and bio data (college, age, etc) is accurate.
- Increased all player's ages by 1 year in the Ultimate Base Roster and UBR Association files
- Increased all coach's years experience by 1 in the Ultimate Base Roster and UBR Association files
- Replaced the Hornets logo, jerseys, and court with the Pelicans in preparation for next season
- Added 1 new Retro court to supplement appropriate Season Mods
- Added 12+ new and year-specific cyberfaces for players throughout the Season Mods
- Added 68 new portraits for all of the 2013-2014 Draft Prospects
- Added new/updated draft classes for 2013, 1990, and 1996
- Tweaked ALL Season Mods for updates such as skin color, ratings, player additions, cyberface assignments, and age updates. We now have 35 full season mods, the ABA mod, the All-Legends mod, All-Star mod, the 60s, 70s, and 80s Ultimate Basketball mods, and the Ultimate Base Roster (UBR) all compatible without affecting regular NBA2K12 files and they all work in season/association.
- Current NBA Teams Rosters/Rotations up to date as of May 11th, 2013.
According to Shopmaster at MyMaddenPad, not only will we see sideline and back of the endzone interceptions, we will also see a slight change in the way the camera rotates after interceptions.
GoMadden has posted the differences between NCAA Football 13 and Madden NFL 13 interceptions and the way the camera is handled. As you notice, in Madden NFL 13, there is a pause or freeze in the action as a pass is intercepted, then the camera rotates. In NCAA Football 13, there is no pause. Madden NFL 25 will go the non-pause route.
UPDATE: Shopmaster chatted with the developers and let me know that the screen does in fact freeze, during interceptions. It may have been the build he played, sorry for any confusion.
What are your thoughts on this?
GamesHQMedia has posted another GRID 2 video. This one features competing in an Overtake in the streets of Dubai.
Hot News, Reviews and Features
- NBA 2K13 Roster Update Details (5-11-13)
- Two Major EA Executives Sell Major Stock Holdings
- ESPN Ranks 25 Best Sports Game Ever, Comes Up Close to OS'ers
- MLB 2K12 Perfect Game Whistleblower Finds Justice This Season
- NBA 2K13: Why did the Lakers disappoint?
- NHL 13 Stanley Cup Playoffs Roster Update Available Now
- MLB 13 The Show Server Side Update Details
- Gran Turismo 6 Announcement Coming May 15th?
- Women Not in FIFA 14 This Year, the Right Call?
- Could Adam Schefter Have a More Prominent Role in Madden NFL 25?
- EA SPORTS and FIFA Extend Licensing Agreement Until 2022
- NBA Live 14 Headed to Next-Gen, Along with the Madden and FIFA Series
- Four Finalists Named for MLB 2K13 Perfect Game Challenge Sudden Death Showdown
- iOOTP Baseball 2013 Review (iPhone/iPad)
- NHL 14 Cover Vote Down to 16 Candidates
- Breathe a Sigh of Relief: New Xbox Will Allow Offline Gaming
- EA Pushes Back Connected Franchise Playbook to May 20th
- NHL 14 Pre-Order Bonuses Revealed at Amazon and GameStop
- NCAA Football 14 Has Another Gaffe in Marketing Material
- The OS Daily Ten - Major League Baseball Loves the 'Nobody's Perfect' Card
- UFC and Fight Night: The Waiting Game
- Microsoft Receives "Crash Course" In Cons Of Always-Online Games
- OS Soccer Blog - Sir Alex Ferguson Retires, FIFA 14 Rumored Release Date
- The OS Daily Ten - Another Line Drive to the Head Raises Questions
- My Auto Club Revolution experience(free-to-play racer)
- What an MLB: The Show Fantasy Draft Can Do For You (Part 1)
- The OS Daily Ten - Should LeBron James Have Won MVP Unanimously?
New Videos and Screenshots
- GRID 2 Gameplay Video - Miami
- MotoGP 13 Video - 2012 Top Riders Pre-Order Trailer: DLC#1
- Four More NCAA Football 14 Screenshots, One Features SEC Standings Banner
- MotoGP 13 Gameplay Video - Red Bull U.S. Grand Prix
Another NBA 2K13 roster update arrived this morning. Here are some of the details.
- Nate Robinson, Chicago Bulls +1 (83)
- Stephen Curry, Golden St. Warriors +1 (88)
- Klay Thompson, Golden St. Warriors +3 (75)
- Amar'e Stoudemire, New York Knicks (83) Returns from injury
- Tiago Splitter, San Antonio Spurs (69) Returns from injury
- Kent Bazemore, Golden St. Warriors (69) Added
- Steve Nash, Los Angeles Lakers -8 (72) Down 2 more ratings points from last update
- Justin Holiday, Philadelphia 76ers
- Malcolm Thomas, Chicago Bulls
- Kevin Jones, Cleveland Cavaliers
- Shavlik Randolph, Boston Celtics
- Willie Reed, Memphis Grizzlies
- Jarvis Varnado, Miami Heat
- Terrel Harris, New Orleans Hornets
- Kevin Murphy, Utah Jazz
- Jerel McNeal, Utah Jazz
- Josh Akognon, Dallas Mavericks
- Julyan Stone, Denver Nuggets
- Ben Hansbrough, Indiana Pacers
- Tim Ohlbrecht, Houston Rockets
- Aron Baynes, San Antonio Spurs
- Diante Garrett, Phoenix Suns
- Mickael Gelabale, Minnesota Timberwolves
- Chris Johnson, Minnesota Timberwolves
- Scott Machado, Golden St. Warriors
- Dwayne Jones, Golden St. Warriors
Andrew Wilson, the Executive Vice President of EA Sports, sold his entire stake in Electronic Arts according to an SEC filing on Thursday. The stock, valued at around $687,000, was Wilson's full allotment of just over 32000 shares of EA stock.
EA's stock has skyrocketed this week after news of two huge exclusive deals with both FIFA and Star Wars being inked to the company for years to come.
There is no word from EA on Wilson's status with the company at this time -- but one has to wonder what that was all about for sure.
UPDATE: A second EA executive, senior vice president and general counsel Stephen Bene has sold a large number of derivative securities (vested options) as well. Stock sales of this type (by senior corporate officers) require immediate disclosure as they can indicate a lack of confidence in a company.
We'll be on top of this story if anything develops through the weekend.
In what is supposedly the completely revamped presentation of NCAA Football, it appears there's a new mistake or oversight to add to the list from promotional screenshots.
In a recently released screenshot of the Oklahoma and Texas game, the end zones are actually marked incorrectly in relation to the crowd in screenshots released on April 30, 2013. In the real game in the Cotton Bowl, the end zones actually ... Read More
ESPN's Jon Robinson has been going through his personal top sports video games of all time and came up with a list that was very similar to what OS'ers voted on last year during our second ever 'Best Sports Video Game Ever' tournament.
In his list, Robinson ranks Tecmo Super Bowl at the top of his list, which was the runner-up in our tournament. In the OS tournament, MVP Baseball 2005 (#4), WWF No Mercy (#5), Tecmo Super Bowl (#1), and MLB '10: The Show (did not appear) made up our final four. MLB '13: The Show did appear on Robinson's list at #18 though.
Other notables for were our first 'Best Sports Game Ever' tournament finalists of NFL 2K5 at number eight and College Hoops 2K8 at 18th.
Robinson's Top Five
#1 Tecmo Super Bowl
#2 NHL 94
#3 Mike Tyson's Punch Out
#4 MVP Baseball 2005
#5 WWE No Mercy
What do you think of Robinson's list? What would your own top five list look like?
This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.
Check out the latest GRID 2 gameplay video, which takes place in Miami with the Ford Mustang Boss 302.
1. MLB Umpires having a rough week.
A botched homerun ruling on a replay one day was followed by a horribly wrong interpretation of another rule last night. In the first instance, Major League Baseball played the "no one is perfect ... it's a judgment call" card. Last night's gaff, however; was a ... Read More
This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.
By pre-ordering MotoGP 13, you can get the top riders of the 2012 season. Check out the list below.
Rider - Team
- V. Rossi - Ducati Team
- N. Hayden - Ducati Team
- A. Dovizioso - Monster Yamaha Tech 3
- C. Crutchlow - Monster Yamaha Tech 3
- J. Lorenzo - Yamaha Factory Racing
- B. Spies - Yamaha Factory Racing
- C. Stoner - Repsol Honda
- D. Pedrosa - Repsol Honda
Developed by Milestone studio, MotoGP™13 is scheduled for release in June 2013 for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3, Windows PC and PlayStation®Vita.