A look at this year's effort from Konami...
Rose is a Knickerbocker. Now what?
The worlds best selling sports game has some new tricks up its sleeve.
Big decisions loom this offseason...
Operation Sports Content
Monday, June 20, 2016
03:54 PM - June 20, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Check out the latest Madden NFL 17 video from GoodGameBro, featuring trick plays, new moves and presentation.
03:37 PM - June 20, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve NoahPostGamePodcast has posted a couple of Madden NFL 17 videos. The first one showing off the new commentary in the game.
The second Madden NFL 17 video gives us a gameplay overview.
09:35 AM - June 20, 2016. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Kevin Groves
Itís a great time to be a soccer fan. Mornings and afternoons spent in France watching the 2016 Euroís. Evenings spent with Copa America, taking it all in from the comfy confines of my couch. All the while my laptop sits next to me, as I in true American ADD fashion, scour the internet for any semblance of new information, or better yet, gameplay videos from FIFA 17. To my delight, news has been plentiful and gameplay videos are slowly starting to emerge. With a few days to digest all of this information, letís take a look at the early features highlighted in FIFA 17.
Read More - FIFA In a Strong Position Coming out of E3
08:21 AM - June 20, 2016. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Brandon Kosal
This yearís E3 expo had no significant basketball presence as we didnít learn anything new about the future of NBA 2K or NBA Live. This isnít unexpected, given that itís been some time since we last saw 2K with a big presence at E3, and we already knew Live wasn't coming out this year. Either way where does each game go from here in the short term?
Read More - Another E3 Passes With No Basketball News
Sunday, June 19, 2016
03:30 PM - June 19, 2016. Posted by ChaseB. Written by Chase Becotte
Hey y'all, Happy Father's Day! Tons going on today between Game 7, U.S. Open, Euro Cup, etc. etc. We're streaming The Show right now, but will be switching over to NBA 2K16 in the near future.
We'll also probably be talking about anything else coming out of E3, the NBA Draft, and whatever else tickles your fancy. Come hang out if you got some time.
Stream Link: https://www.twitch.tv/operationsports
Update: Thanks for coming out, enjoy the archive.
09:33 AM - June 19, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve NoahEvery Sunday, we will get you caught up on the sports gaming news you might have missed during the week.
- FIFA 17 The Journey (Story Mode) Trailer
- FIFA 17 Interview - Making The Journey (Story Mode)
- FIFA 17 Rewrites the Set Piece Playbook
- FIFA 17 Overhauls the Physical Aspects of Play on the Pitch
- FIFA 17 AI Improvements...
- EA Press Event Starting in a Few Minutes, Watch it Here
- FIFA 17 Features New Ways to Attack the Net...
- FIFA 17 Interview - What the Frostbite Engine Brings to the Game
- Madden NFL 17: Franchise Mode Adds New Play the Moments, Super-Sim Features
- Madden NFL 17 Trailer
- Madden NFL 17 Video - Franchise Mode Improvements
- FIFA 17 Gameplay Trailer
- Madden NFL 17 New Gameplanning Features
- Madden NFL 17's Franchise Mode Now Features 'Big Decisions'
- FIFA 17 Will Feature All Premier League Managers
- They Heard You: Popular Community Requests Coming to Madden NFL 17's Franchise Mode
- Madden NFL 17 For Xbox 360 & PS3 Also Features New Commentary Team & More
- Madden NFL 17 Interview with Rex Dickson (SimFBallCritic)
- MLB The Show 16 Patch 1.06 Available Now, Patch Notes Included
- Madden NFL 17 EA Play Conference Reactions (Roundtable)
- FIFA 17 EA Play Conference Reactions (Roundtable)
- Forza Horizon 3 Arrives on Sept. 27, Pre-Order Ultimate Edition Get Early Access
- Xbox One S Arrives in Early August, Project Scorpio Scheduled For Holiday 2017
- Design Your Own Xbox Wireless Controller, Starting From $79.99
- Steep Trailer & Walkthrough - Wingsuit, Ski, Snowboard, Paraglide - Register For Beta
- PES 2017 Teaser Trailer - Control Reality, Plenty More Details Revealed
- The Golf Club 2 Announced - Teaser Trailer & Some Features Revealed
- EA's Big Move into eSports (Roundtable)
- NBA 2K Can Still Do More to Improve eSports Experience
- PES 2017 Screenshots
- Madden NFL 17 Interview - John White & Clint Oldenburg (PostGamePodcast)
- First NASCAR Heat Evolution Screenshots Revealed
- Purchase Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR For $15.99 Starting Today Through June 20
- Press Row Podcast - Madden NFL 17 & FIFA 17
- Gran Turismo Sport Video (9 Minutes of Gameplay)
- FIFA 17 Hands-On Impressions (FSB)
- MLB The Show 16: The Best Players Who May Move on the Trade Deadline
- F1 2016 Gameplay Videos (Xboxygen)
- Madden NFL 17: Your Thoughts On The Game?
- Madden NFL 17 Video - Updated Head Coaches
- Madden NFL 17 Cinematic Trailer - Washington Redskins vs. Los Angeles Rams
- Is Oakmont the Toughest Course in Golf?
- NHL 17 Q&A #2 - Collisions, AI Improvements, New Goalie Cam, No Roster Sharing & More
- Madden NFL 17 Video - New Pylon Cam
- Forza Horizon 3 Video - 8 Minutes of Footage (IGN)
- NBA 2K16: Throwback Thursday Card Reviews (6/17/16)
- Gang Beasts Gets a Soccer Mode
- Madden NFL 17 Video - Broadcast Presentation Package
- NBA 2K17 Features Face Scan App, Many Signature Animations, Timed Locker Codes & More
Friday, June 17, 2016
09:40 PM - June 17, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Some of the things Ronnie mentions are obviously jokes, but it's probably safe to say the following features will be in NBA 2K17.
- Yeezys are in the game...
- Timed Locker Codes are coming...
- Face scan app is coming...
- Tons of signature animations are in... (Full control of your get back animations, controlling it with the right stick)
01:49 PM - June 17, 2016. Posted by smiley3. Written by Steve Noah
Check out the latest Madden NFL 17 video showing off the new broadcast presentation package. A small gif is shown above, check out the full video here.
12:54 PM - June 17, 2016. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Jayson Young
Boneloaf's multiplayer fighting game Gang Beasts is adding a two-on-two soccer mode sometime this year as part of a free update for existing owners of the PC version. Gang Beasts has been in Steam's Early Access program for nearly two years, and when it appears for the first time on PlayStation 4 (perhaps as a launch title for Sony's virtual reality headset?) it will include Boneloaf's new soccer beat-'em-up experience, as well as the existing free-for-all deathmatches that are already available on PC.
Like in the last-man-standing survival modes, your beast can still grab hold of opponents, only now that move's purpose is to keep people from making a play on the ball instead of using it to toss enemies into death traps. A familiar selection of punches, headbutts and kicks can also be used to temporarily knockout the other team's beasts.
You won't have to worry about dribbling since the ball will automatically stick to your feet while you try to walk it into the enemy's goal. Kicking the ball, however, is a much safer method of scoring because the ball will explode into the air after each goal, knocking over anyone who gets caught in its path and preventing enemies from getting the first touch on the new ball once it respawns in the middle of the court.
10:52 AM - June 17, 2016. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Robert Haught
Hey guys, itís Robby from Two Brothers Gaming again here with some more NBA 2K16 My Team Throwback Thursday card reviews! Every week in NBA 2K16ís My Team mode, there are Throwback Thursday cards released with specific playersí highlight seasons. Each week here on Operation Sports, Iíll be highlighting these players and showing you stats, badges, individual attributes, and everything related to each player. If you pull one of these cards, youíll know what to do with them! Donít forget to watch the accompanying video review as well.
Read More - NBA 2K16: Throwback Thursday Card Reviews (6/17/16)
Read More - NBA 2K16: Throwback Thursday Card Reviews (6/17/16)
06:39 AM - June 17, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
IGN has posted a new Forza Horizon 3 gameplay video, featuring 8 minutes of footage showing off varied terrain from Australia.
Thursday, June 16, 2016
06:57 PM - June 16, 2016. Posted by smiley3. Written by Steve Noah
Check out the latest Madden NFL 17 video showing off the new pylon cam. A small gif is shown above, check out the full video here.
05:00 PM - June 16, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
NHL 17 Producers are answering questions on their Ask NHL page, similar to how they did it last year. If you have questions, make sure to submit them here.
We've posted some of the questions and answers below, click here to read them all.
Will there be improvements to stick on body/stick on stick collisions?
Yes, we have made improvements to how we recognize stick-on-stick and stick-on-body collisions to determine if the puck should come free. We still donít run full physics reactions for stick on stick though as players donít currently have enough control to pull their stick through and evade in ways they can in the real world. That is why we still want to produce the right incidental contact effect on the puck though to reward defensive positioning. We have also made updates to how the puck comes loose when it collides with sticks, skates and bodies to ultimately reward good defensive position.
Has Opponent (or team) AI improved?
Yes, there have been a lot of improvements to both Offensive and Defensive AI to improve the flow of the game and the reliability of your teammates. You will see off puck defenders doing a much better job of sticking with their man and recognizing potential passing options as bigger threats. Those players will also utilize net battles to tie up players in front unchecked for long periods of time. On offense, the AI is smarter how they are moving the puck and in general has more flow during breakouts.
Will there be any added camera views for game action in '17?
We have added a new camera for goalies that will be available at launch.
What improvements have you made to make goaltending more fluid and stand out verses previous years?
For goalies we have introduced a new save mechanic where they can make blocking vs reactionary saves. When they have the ability to get their body in front of a shot, they will -- using their chest and shoulders to block pucks rather than making reactionary limb based saves. For Player Controlled Goalies we have also updated the mechanics to get to the post quicker using reverse VH and butterfly leans to really seal up against the post. We have updated our precision movement to give more control and allow you to control the speed using the analog stick. We also made a lot of improvements to responsiveness by allowing you to exit out of animations Ė for example if you want to drop back down to butterfly before fully standing up. That's just some of the improvements we've made to goaltending this year.
Will you guys consider the ability to make public rosters to share throughout the online community? It's a huge success with Madden and it generates over 13,000 shared rosters, playbooks and sliders per year.
Shared rosters will not be a feature for NHL 17 but we will consider it for future iterations.
08:48 AM - June 16, 2016. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Chris Sanner
Is Oakmont the toughest golf course in the game today?
With the US Open set to take off today at Oakmont Country Club, Fox Sports asks the question of whether the course may just be the toughest in the game of golf today:
What do you think? Is Oakmont the toughest course in Golf? What about in Rory McIlroy PGA Tour? Sound off with your pick!
05:51 AM - June 16, 2016. Posted by Brooke2011. Written by Steve Noah
YouTube user strawberryyogurt0, has uploaded this Madden NFL 17 cinematic trailer of the opening sequence between the Washington Redskins and Los Angeles Rams.