Operation Sports Content
Sunday, May 14, 2017
11:03 AM - May 14, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve NoahEvery Sunday, we will get you caught up on the sports gaming news you might have missed during the week.
- NBA 2K18 Features Shaquille O'Neal on the Cover of Legend Edition, Ships September 15
- How the 2017 NFL Draft Changes Each Team in Madden: AFC
- MLB The Show 17 Patch 1.06 Available Now, Patch Notes Included
- MLB The Show Dynamic Difficulty 2.0: Here is What Dynamic Difficulty Should Look Like
- Some Need For Speed 2017 Details Revealed
- How the 2017 NFL Draft Changes Each Team in Madden: NFC
- The Madden NFL 18 Hype Train is Ready to Begin...
- PES 2017 Mobile Coming Later This Month
- MLB The Show 17: Updates on Diamond Dynasty
- MLB The Show 17 Apologizes For Server Issues, Giving Users 10 Standard Packs & More
- Madden NFL 18 Features New Target Passing, Coverage Assignments & More
- Tom Brady is the Madden NFL 18 Cover Athlete, First Trailer Reveals Story Mode
- Some Madden NFL 18 Game Style Details Revealed - Arcade, Simulation, Competitive
- Madden NFL 18 Trial Arrives on August 17 For EA Access Subscribers
- Diamond Dynasty Update: 11K Stubs, 10 Packs, New Program Released
- Heinz Field in Madden NFL 18
- More Madden NFL 18 Features Revealed
- Dissecting the Madden NFL 18 Features Reveal
Saturday, May 13, 2017
10:46 AM - May 13, 2017. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Chris Sanner
All aboard the Madden hype train!
We've officially started the slow ramp up to a new season of Madden NFL, as the first details (and footage) of Madden NFL 18 hit the wild yesterday. The inclusion of Tom Brady as the cover athlete is a bold move -- but ultimately cover athlete's importance is probably waning quite a bit.
What is important are the details which were revealed about the game. Here's my quick breakdown:
- Target Passing, who knows? This could be a major, major thing or a gimmicky feature like the passing cone. My question is how much is it forced upon players? My second question is, regardless, how good and effective is it going to be? I'm full wait and see on this one.
- Frostbite Engine looks good. If nothing else, the trailer really sells that Madden is taking a pretty solid step ahead visually. The lighting and stadiums are a solid step ahead. It seems like some details weren't included in the trailer (did you notice the barren sidelines?). Animations and players look similar, but overall the game will likely look a bit better this year versus prior years.
- The Play Styles Totally Are for eSports. I mean, there's no confirmation of this, but its pretty clear the Madden team is wanting to grow that segment of the audience and a play style fully focused on 'Competitive' will do that. Most OS'ers are looking at Simulation and hoping for the best. So am I.
- Franchise mode isn't getting anything big. The description adds nothing new and is an overview of the mode as we know it. I have a feeling the Frostbite upgrade took a lot of time and resources and the actual enhancements to modes, etc. is going to be focused on the card and competitive modes. I know, I don't like it either but it is what it is.
- Coverage Assignments, maybe it'll be fun to be a CB or S? There's been a lot of work in previous years to make Madden fun on both sides of the ball. The area that still lacks is playing pass coverage. Hopefully these will help with playing a DB in Madden.
- Coaching Adjustments: I'm on full wait and see. The details don't sound like anything that I'm not already doing myself during games. But I am guessing something about this will enhance the strategic side of the game, maybe?
The big leap with Madden this year is going to be the Frostbite engine. FIFA last year went through the same transition with no huge areas of progress. It's likely the upgrade took a lot of time and resources and big back of the box additions probably were hard to come by. Regardless, the Frostbite engine was instantly noticeable as an upgrade in environmental visuals -- I'm excited to see gameplay to see how it all ties together when the game is actually running in a way we will actually experience it.
What did you think of yesterday's Madden reveals?
Friday, May 12, 2017
GameStop has revealed some more Madden NFL 18 features. Check them out below.
Madden NFL 18 takes a significant visual leap with the power of the Frostbite engine. See stunning new stadium exteriors surrounded by vast cityscapes and watch the spectacle of NFL gameday come to life in the most photorealistic game to date. Play each matchup to your specifications by selecting from three new Play Styles or play the best real world match ups each week in Play Now Live! With the introduction of even more ways to play, coupled with your favorite modes, Madden Ultimate Team and Franchise, this is Madden like you've never seen before.
New Ways to Play
POWERED BY FROSTBITE Madden Like You've Never Seen Before. See stunning new stadium exteriors surrounded by vast cityscapes and watch the spectacle of NFL game day come to life in our most photorealistic game to date. All-new firework displays, player run-outs and stunning weather elements deliver Madden like you've never seen before. MORE TO COME
PLAY NOW LIVE! Play the best real-world NFL match ups each week! Take the field with your favorite team or play the best weekly matchup using live updates containing the latest rosters, custom commentary and up-to-date stats from NFL.com then continue your season all the way to the Super Bowl from Play Now.
- Target Passing: For the first time ever, no longer are you tied to throwing at your open wide receiver. Throw to who you want, in the exact spot on the field with all-new Target Passing, giving you, ultimate control over where the ball is thrown.
- Play Styles: Play the game you want by selecting from three new and unique play-styles catering each matchup to your specifications:
- Arcade - Action packed excitement filled with spectacular plays and scoring with limited penalties.
- Simulation - True to player and team ratings using authentic NFL rules and gameplay.
- Competitive - Your stick skills are key, earn big rewards for your skill or receive bigger penalties.
- Coverage Assignment: Know your job in pass coverage with an on-screen, real-time UI system informing you of your coverage assignment in pass defense.
- Coach Adjustments: Customize the AI to fit your game plan and make situational changes to your strategy on the fly as the game demands it.
MUT - Build, play, and win with your ultimate team of todays' NFL stars and legends. Madden Ultimate Team (MUT) is the complete NFL team-building mode using your favorite NFL players from the past and present. Play games, collect rewards and upgrade your team with daily, fun and engaging content updates including legendary NFL players exclusively found in MUT. Continuously craft your squad to elite status on the road to building your Ultimate Team dynasty. MORE TO COME
FRANCHISE - Create your Dynasty. Play weekly full game matchups or get through a season quickly by playing as just the offense, defense, or key moments from the game. Grab the reins and control your teams' operations from signing free agents and making trades, to scouting and drafting players, your decisions build your dynasty. Join up with other players and battle through the season in a fully connected league experience. Choose to play and manage your Franchise from your smart phone using the Madden Companion App.
04:15 PM - May 12, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Check out Heinz Field in Madden NFL 18. The image was found on the Xbox One game page.
04:11 PM - May 12, 2017. Posted by ChaseB. Written by Chase Becotte
There was a Diamond Dynasty update today that included Sony San Diego giving every user who signed on between 3/28-5/11 10 Standard packs and 11K Stubs. In addition, there was a roster update, the release of the Nelson Cruz Breakout Program, a Mother's Day Exchange Mission for a Postseason Jose Bautista (90 overall), and the release of various other Breakout cards to help with the Eddie Matthews Player Epic and Nelson Cruz Breakout Program.
The Nelson Cruz Breakout Program has seven parts, with the final goal netting you an 85 overall Breakout Nelson Cruz. Like the other programs, the missions involve all facets of Diamond Dynasty, with the most time-consuming aspect being to hit 33 home runs with Breakout Series players in online games.
The new Bases Loaded pack (limited to 3 per person, 5,000 Stubs per pack) includes a guaranteed Mother's Day equipment item. You need 15 of those to get the Postseason Jose Bautista. I recommend just buying these 15 items individually, as right now each one costs less than buying a single pack, and you just need 15 items (they don't need to be unique) in order to get the Bautista.
In terms of the roster update, here is a list of the players that moved up and down various tiers. I will also note that Jake Arrieta dropped from a 92 to a 90, and Chris Sale jumped up from a 93 to a 95.
Gold: Marcell Ozuna (86), Charlie Blackmon (86), Jean Segura (85)
Silver: Andrew Benintendi (83), Justin Wilson (83), Brandon Maurer (83), Eugenio Suarez (82), Aaron Hicks (81), Adam Duvall (80), Mark Reynolds (80), Joe Biagini (80)
Bronze: Tommy Kahnle (78), Aaron Altherr (73), Ross Stripling (72), Scott Schebler (72), Wandy Peralta (71), Jorge De La Rosa (71), Jordan Montgomery (71), Ben Gamel (70), Jose Leclerc (70)
Silver: Ben Zobrist (83), Andrew McCutchen (83), Jonathan Villar (83)
Bronze: Francisco Rodriguez (73)
Lastly, here is a list of new cards that have come into the Marketplace as of today:
Breakout Steve Finley (91), Breakout Kendrys Morales (88), Breakout Steve Pearce (88), Breakout Yan Gomes (87), Breakout Chris Iannetta (87), Breakout Mark Reynolds (87), Veteran Justin Upton (87), Rookie Alexei Ramirez (86), Breakout Coco Crisp (86), Breakout Michael Bourn (86), Breakout Willie Stargell (85), Breakout Erick Aybar (84), Breakout Yunel Escobar (84), Veteran Eric Karros (74), Rookie Ralph Kiner (67).
Again, these Breakouts are more options to potentially use for the Nelson Cruz Breakout Program. In addition, you need 50 unique Breakout items to complete the Eddie Matthews Player Epic, so these could help with that as well.
12:04 PM - May 12, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
The trial version of Madden NFL 18 is scheduled to arrive on August 17. For those of you that might still be unaware, EA Access is an Xbox One exclusive, allowing members to try upcoming EA games, for up to 10 hours, prior to release, offering 10% off all EA digital purchases and more. It also gives users access to The Vault, which houses a growing library of EA games subscribers can play as much as they want. Users can subscribe to EA Access for $4.99 per month, or $29.99 for a full year.
09:37 AM - May 12, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
The Madden NFL 18 Creative Director, Rex Dickson has posted an image on Twitter with a brief description of each game style in the game. As noted earlier this morning, Madden NFL 18 will have 3 new game styles, Arcade, Simulation and Competitive. We should hear more details about these game styles as EA Play gets closer.
08:55 AM - May 12, 2017. Posted by Toupal. Written by Steve Noah
EA Sports has revealed Tom Brady as the Madden NFL 18 cover athlete. The standard edition of Madden NFL 18 will release on August 25 ($59.99), while the G.O.A.T. edition releases 3 days earlier, on August 22 ($79.99).
The team has also released their first Madden NFL 18 trailer. The end of the trailer shows a sneak peek at Story Mode. More details as they come in.
05:11 AM - May 12, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Amazon has revealed some of the Madden NFL 18 features, as we get closer to an official announcement from EA Sports. Not only does it look like we will see new target passing, but it also mentions coverage assignments. Maybe we can finally assign the best corner vs. best receiver? EA is also giving users different play styles, ranging from Arcade, Simulation and Competitive.
Amazon also notes, Madden NFL 18 releases on August 25 for the Standard Edition ($59.99), but fans that pre-order the Madden NFL 18 G.O.A.T. Edition ($79.99), can get the game 3 days earlier, on August 22.
More details should be released soon.
- Powered by Frostbite Madden Like You've Never Seen Before
- Play Now Live
- Play the best real world NFL match ups each week
- Target passing
- Play Styles - Arcade/Simulation/Competitive
- Coverage Assignment
- Coach Adjustments
- Favorite Ways To Play MUT and Franchise
Pre-order today and receive up to $50 in additional value including three days early, full game access to Madden NFL 18: G.O.A.T. Edition. Start building your dynasty on day one with one of five Elite G.O.A.T. players, an Elite Player from your favorite NFL team, 12 Squad Packs, 2500 contracts and one uniform pack in Madden NFL 18 Ultimate Team, the complete NFL team-building mode where you build, play and win with your ultimate team of today's nfl superstars and legends.
Thursday, May 11, 2017
03:29 PM - May 11, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
While the MLB The Show 17 team continue improving server performance, today they have announced compensation for the server issues, that have been ongoing since launch.
12:30 PM - May 11, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Elliott Jenkins
So far this season he Diamond Dynasty Community Market has been very up and down. Diverse Missions and a seemingly constant influx of new player cards have kept the market hyperactive right when it begins to stabilize. That being said, prices are not as volatile as previous weeks (beyond Breakout players being on the rise due to particular missions tied to them), but there are extreme bargains to uncover if the market is played just right.
Read More - MLB The Show 17: Updates on Diamond Dynasty - (Written by: Elliott Jenkins)
09:12 AM - May 11, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
PES 2017 mobile is scheduled to arrive later this month for iOS and Android devices, check out the quick video here. Fans can pre-register here.
Wednesday, May 10, 2017
07:22 PM - May 10, 2017. Posted by Millennium. Written by Steve Noah
Madden NFL 18 news is coming soon, according to the latest tweet from the official account. Last year the team revealed the release date, cover athlete, first look trailer, pre-order info and more, at around this time.
What are you hoping to hear about?
04:57 PM - May 10, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Josh Houtz
The NFL Draft was a little over a week ago, and the future of all 32 NFL franchises has changed drastically. Whether your favorite team drafted their quarterback of the future, or a pass-rushing defensive lineman, the roster will be significantly different than in last year’s Madden. Here is a look at each team’s key additions in the NFC, and the role they will play in Madden 18. If you missed the AFC, click here.
Read More - How the 2017 NFL Draft Changes Each Team in Madden: NFC (Written by: Josh Houtz)
Tuesday, May 9, 2017
04:40 PM - May 9, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Ghost Games has revealed some new details on Need For Speed 2017, scheduled to release by the end of the year. The team will be committed to customization, a single player experience completely offline and more, including this interesting tidbit...
More details will be released in June, as the team gets ready for EA Play.