And the game which looks and sounds the prettiest is...
The best Card Collecting mode of 2015 was...
The best new feature of 2015 is...
Which game had the best post-launch support of 2015?
Operation Sports Content
Friday, January 29, 2016
08:23 PM - January 29, 2016. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Guest Post
Hey guys, it’s Robby from Two Brothers Gaming again here with some more NBA 2K16 My Team Throwback Thursday card reviews! Every week in NBA 2K16’s My Team mode, there are Throwback Thursday cards released with specific players’ highlight seasons. Each week here on Operation Sports, I’ll be highlighting these players and showing you stats, badges, individual attributes, and everything related to each player. If you pull one of these cards, you’ll know what to do with them! Don’t forget to watch the accompanying video review as well.
Read More - NBA 2K16: Throwback Thursday Card Reviews (1/29/16)
Read More - NBA 2K16: Throwback Thursday Card Reviews (1/29/16)
06:19 PM - January 29, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Check out the new EA Sports UFC 2 video from our friends at GoodGameBro, featuring UFC Ultimate Team pack openings.
For more videos from GoodGameBro, subscribe to their YouTube channel.
05:14 PM - January 29, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
EA has just released NBA Live 16 updated rosters. Check out the blog here, along with the official spreadsheet with all of the changes.
- Nikola Vucevic +3 (86)
- LaMarcus Aldridge +2 (86)
- Carmelo Anthony +2 (89)
- Bobby Portis +2 (74)
- Dwyane Wade +2 (85)
- Matthew Dellavedova -3 (79)
- Derrick Rose -2 (80)
- Patrick Beverley -2 (80)
- Avery Bradley -2 (80)
- Evan Fournier -2 (76)
- Jimmy Butler Shoes - Jordan Superfly 4
- Derrick Rose - Full black leggings
- Matthew Dellavedova - Calf pad both legs
- JR Smith - Remove shooting sleeves, add rubber bands both arms.
- Iman Shumpert - Shoes: Crazy Light Boost 2014
- Cole Aldrich - Shoes: UA Micro G High
- Jeff Teague - Shoes: Crazy Light Boost 2014
- Kyle Korver - Black shooting sleeve, right arm
- Dennis Schroder - Padded leggings, Shoes: Kyrie 1
- Goran Dragic - Shoes: Crazy Light Boost 2014, left calf pad. Right thumb brace.
- Dwyane Wade - Full black leggings.
- Alec Burks - Shoes: D Rose 6 team color
- Rudy Gobert - Shoes: Nike Hyperdunks
- Kosta Koufos - Shoes: Nike Hyperdunks
- Robin Lopez - McDavid left knee pad, Shoes: Crazy Light boost 2015
- Chandler Parsons - Add right 3/4 white legging. Remove left legging.
- Deron WIlliams - Shoes: Nike Hyper Revs
- JaVale McGee - Add full leggings.
- Markel Brown - Shoes: Kyrie 1
- Thomas Robinson - Add 3/4 leggings, Shoes: LeBron soldier
- Andrea Bargnani - McDavid calf pads.
- Brook Lopez - McDavid knee pads.
- Eric Gordon - Add neoprene padded 3/4 leggings
- Omer Asik - McDavid Knee pads
- Alexis Ajinca - McDavid Knee pads, Shoes: Zoom Hyperrev
- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope - Add right shooting sleeve with pad
- Steve Blake - Shoes: Kobe X team
- Reggie Bullock - Shoes: Cp3 Soar team
- Cory Joseph - Shoes: LeBron Soldier
- Jonas Valanciunas - Left hand black pinky/ring finger wrap
- Dwight Howard - McDavid knee pads black
- Cory Brewer - Full leggings with mid socks
- LaMarcus Aldridge - Remove knee pad.
- Tony Parker - Shoes: Peak team color
- Alex Len - Add 3/4 leggings, black left middle/ring finger wrap.
- Gerald Henderson - Add right white shooting sleeve.
- Brandon Rush - Add team wristband to high forearm.
11:55 AM - January 29, 2016. Posted by ChaseB. Written by Chase Becotte
In the first part of this feature I wrote a lot about how often NBA teams are making each type of contested shot in comparison to NBA 2K. The feedback has been great both on here and elsewhere, and today I want to talk more about the specifics of these contested shots.
What that means is plenty more GIFs, and also a look at some shot types (some contested, some uncontested) in NBA 2K and how they relate to the NBA. In addition, I want to talk more about contested shots in terms of the disconnect between video games and the actual NBA.
All in all, this will be slightly less nerdy and a little more philosophical than part one. However, let me make one thing clear before the jump: Contested shots are a fact of NBA life.
Great, now let me dive in here.
Read More - The Contested Shot Conundrum (Part 2)
05:52 AM - January 29, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
A new multi-year exclusive agreement has been reached between 2K and WWE. The agreement grants 2K the worldwide rights to develop and publish WWE video game properties across all major platforms and distribution channels.
Read the press release below.
2K and WWE announced that the companies have extended their partnership with a new multi-year exclusive agreement granting 2K the worldwide rights to develop and publish WWE video game properties across all major platforms and distribution channels. WWE® 2K, the simulation-based flagship series developed by 2K’s Visual Concepts studio and Yuke’s, will continue a successful 18-year tradition established by past WWE titles, including the recently released WWE® 2K16. In addition, 2K will continue to invest in WWE® SuperCard, the breakout hit card-battling game developed by its Cat Daddy Games studio, which has been downloaded more than nine million times since its initial release. Financial terms of the new agreement were not disclosed.
“2K’s partnership with WWE over the past three years has resulted in a successful and important addition to the Company’s portfolio of profitable franchises,” said David Ismailer, Chief Operating Officer for 2K. “We are thrilled with the positive momentum of the WWE 2K series, including generating year-over-year growth, as well as the success of WWE SuperCard. We are very pleased to extend our partnership with WWE and look forward to many more years of collaboration.”
“2K’s leadership in authenticity, quality and overall brand dedication has been a perfect complement for WWE,” said Casey Collins, WWE Executive Vice President, Consumer Products. “Our continued partnership ensures WWE remains at the forefront of global video game brands as we continue innovating and publishing our offerings on multiple platforms.”
Source - Business Wire
Thursday, January 28, 2016
07:59 PM - January 28, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
A new Madden NFL 16 roster update has just arrived, check out the blog here and the sortable spreadsheet of all changes here.
- Cam Newton +1 (98)
- Luke Kuechly +1 (99)
- DeMarcus Ware +1 (88)
- Owen Daniels +1 (84)
- Ted Ginn Jr. +1 (82)
- Jason Witten +1 (90)
- Tom Brady -1 (98)
- Demaryius Thomas -1 (89)
- Peyton Manning -1 (85)
- Carson Palmer -1 (96)
- Patrick Chung -1 (89)
03:42 PM - January 28, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve NoahAn Update on the WWE 2K16 Future Stars DLC patch fix for Universe Mode
For those of you having issues with Universe Mode save files, after purchasing the WWE 2K16 Future Stars Pack released yesterday, 2K and the development team have created a patch to resolve the issues.
While no release date on the fix has been announced, they are working with Sony and Microsoft to have it released as quicky as they possibly can. Check out the details below on the fixes that will come from the upcoming patch.
- WWE Universe changes will now save properly when exiting the mode or restarting the title
- Users who did not previously install the WWE 2K16 Future Stars Pack and install Patch 5 before installing the DLC should not encounter any issues in WWE Universe
- Users who installed the WWE 2K16 Future Stars Pack on Patch 4 and encountered issues with Universe elements resetting will not be able to recover their exact pre-Future Stars Pack installation WWE Universe save state. Ongoing rivalries, calendar changes, and Championship changes that were previously set will not be restored automatically. All impacted items can be manually readjusted. Additionally, affected users should not have to reset their entire Universe save state to continue playing the mode, which will now save changes properly.
UPDATE: (1-30) 2K has temporarily pulled the WWE 2K16 Future Stars pack.
Quote:As the development team continues working on the patch fix for the Universe Mode save issue connected to the Future Stars Pack, we wanted to offer an update for the weekend.
1) We are imminently pulling the Future Stars Pack DLC from the Xbox One and Xbox 360 digital stores. We will restore the DLC pack once the patch fix is ready for release. When we have a release date and time for the patch fix, we will let the community know as soon as possible.
2) We are exploring removal of the Future Stars Pack DLC from the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 digital stores. Again, we will update the community on the patch fix release date and timing, as well as DLC availability on the digital stores.
We are temporarily removing the Future Stars Pack to prevent further players from losing saved data in Universe Mode. If you have already downloaded the Future Stars Pack, you can continue using its content in WWE 2K16.
03:21 PM - January 28, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Madden NFL 16 is coming to The Vault for EA Access subscribers on February 2, just ahead of Super Bowl 50. For those of you that might still be unaware, EA Access is an Xbox One exclusive, allowing members to try upcoming EA games prior to release, offering 10% off all EA digital purchases and more. Users can subscribe to EA Access for $4.99 per month, or $29.99 for a full year.
UPDATE: (2-2) Madden NFL 16 is available now, in The Vault, for EA Access subscribers.
Source - EA
03:09 PM - January 28, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
For those of you lucky enough to download the EA Sports UFC 2 beta, get in a few fights and post your impressions!
FYI, for those that are asking, registration is closed for the beta.
07:54 AM - January 28, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Another NBA 2K16 roster update has arrived today, we've listed some of the changes below.
- Steph Curry +1 (96)
- James Harden +1 (91)
- Chris Paul +1 (90)
- Kyle Lowry +1 (89)
- DeMar DeRozan +1 (87)
- Isaiah Thomas +1 (86)
- Kemba Walker +1 (84)
- Al Horford +1 (83)
- Khris Middleton +2 (82)
- Rudy Gobert +1 (80)
- LeBron James -1 (94)
- John Wall -1 (89)
- Klay Thompson -1 (85)
- Dirk Nowitzki -1 (84)
- LaMarcus Aldridge -1 (84)
- Nikola Vucevic -2 (82)
- Tyreke Evans -1 (82)
- Danilo Gallinari -1 (81)
- Giannis Antetokounmpo +1 (81)
- Kevin Love -1 (81)
- Zach Randolph -1 (81)
To see a more detailed breakdown of the roster update, which includes individual attribute updates, head on over to 2KMTC.
Let us know what you are seeing!
07:33 AM - January 28, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
The Alpinestars Car Pack is scheduled to arrive today in Forza Motorsport 6, check out the trailer here.
This car pack is included at no additional cost to owners of the Forza Motorsport 6 Car Pass, otherwise it costs $6.99 or you can buy cars from the pack individually.
UPDATE: It is available now.
Below is the list of cars available in the pack.
- 2015 Ford #02 Chip Ganassi Racing Riley Mk XXVI Daytona Prototype
- 1990 Mercury #15 Whistler Radar Cougar XR-7
- 1967 Sunbeam Tiger
- 2005 Pontiac Aztek
- 1992 Alfa Romeo Milano Quadrifoglio Verde
- 1974 Toyota Corolla SR5
- 1996 Subaru SVX
Wednesday, January 27, 2016
09:49 PM - January 27, 2016. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Chris Sanner
We've written our thoughts on the changes to Road to the Show in MLB The Show 16.
But now its your turn. Do you like the Showtime functionality being featured and the ability to play entire series of games without leaving out of the in-game experience?
Sound off on that and other changes mentioned in our newest poll, and when you are done, make sure you leave a comment on what you think!
06:09 PM - January 27, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Creative Director, Brian Hayes mentioned during the Twitch livestream, EA Sports UFC 2 beta codes will be sent out at 11:00 AM PST tomorrow, January 28.
For those of you that were lucky enough to register (many had issues), keep an eye out for it. Otherwise, registration is closed.
04:32 PM - January 27, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
EA is live streaming the EA Sports UFC 2 beta on Twitch right now, with Creative Director, Brian Hayes and UFC Flyweight Champion, Demetrious Johnson.
We will update this post with the archive when it's available for those that miss it.
UPDATE: The stream is over, here is the archive.
02:19 PM - January 27, 2016. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Caley Roark
MLB The Show 16 is going to tease us with a steady stream of news over the next two months, instead of their traditional fact sheet release. This is certainly a good way to build anticipation, even if it makes it harder to wait until release season. I'll take it though: The Show's Twitch feeds are some of the best -- and most honest -- marketing in the sports industry.
Read More - MLB The Show 16: Road to the Show Revamped, But Is it For the Better?