How does the spiritual successor to the popular 90s game stack up thus far?
How do the game's ratings stack up?
Some ideas to make Madden more of a sim for the next year...
What is the formula the Patriots and Falcons used?
Operation Sports Content
Monday, March 20, 2017
09:24 AM - March 20, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Check out the latest Super Mega Baseball 2 video, going over the customization features in the game.
Super Mega Baseball 2 will have tons of new customization options for leagues, seasons, teams and players.
Listed below are all of the customization options in the game.
- Number of conferences (none/2)
- Number of divisions (none/2 – 8)
- Total teams in league (4 – 32)
- League, conference & division names
- Innings per game (1 – 9)
- Total games (2 – 200)
- Playoff bracket size (2/4/8/16)
- Color scheme
- Logo design
- Uniform style
- Uniform & gear colors
- Sock style
- Stirrup style
- Default lineup
- Home stadium
- Player Appearance
- Head style & size
- Skin tone
- Eye color
- Hair style & color
- Eyebrow style & color
- Facial hair style & color
- Eyewear & eyewear color
- Eye black
- Arm tattoos
- Pant style
- Undershirt style & color
- Sleeve styles & color
- Wrist band style & color
- Cleats style & colors
- Elbow guard style & colors
- Ankle guard style & colors
- Helmet style & colors
- Fielding glove colors
- Batting glove style & colors
- Bat wood, stain, tape, pine tar
- Pitching windup
- Batting stance
- Batting routine
- Walk-up song
- Batting & throwing handedness
- Pitch arsenal
- Pitching arm angle
- Primary/secondary positions
- Skill values
Sunday, March 19, 2017
10:10 AM - March 19, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve NoahEvery Sunday, we will get you caught up on the sports gaming news you might have missed during the week.
- The scariest bug seen in early development of MLB The Show 17
- MotoGP 17 Announced with New Online Mode & Completely Revolutionized Career Mode
- New Dropshot Mode Arrives on March 22 For Rocket League
- 25 New MotoGP 17 Screenshots
- The OS Daily - The Show Hall Of Fame Content, Rocket League's Dropshot & MotoGP 17
- MLB The Show 17 Road to the Show Details
- MLB The Show 17 RTTS Delivering Additional Cutscenes, Scenarios & More After Launch
- Press Row Podcast - Racing into 2017
- MLB The Show 17 Video - What's New in Road to The Show (IGN)
- MLB The Show 17 Video - Revamped Road to the Show Mode (GameSpot)
- Out of the Park Baseball 18 Road to Release: Promotion and Relegation
- MLB The Show 17 Videos - Franchise Mode Quick Manage & Critical Situations
- MLB The Show 17 Gameplay Video - Toronto Blue Jays vs. New York Yankees (Full Game)
- The Golf Club 2 Screenshots
- Old Time Hockey Interview and PC System Requirements
- Madden NFL 17 Title Update 11 Available Now, Patch Notes Included
- MLB The Show 17 Video - Road to the Show 101
- Player Quirks Are a Step in the Right Direction for MLB The Show
- The OS Daily - MLB The Show 17 RTTS Revamp, Madden NFL 17 Patch & More
- MLB The Show 17 Twitch Stream - Graphical Improvements (Archive Available)
- How to Fix the New York Knicks in NBA 2K17
- Throwback Thursday: Major League Baseball Featuring Ken Griffey Jr.
- Top 10 Players at Each Position in MLB The Show 17
- NHL 17 Patch 1.07 Available Now, Details Included
- MLB The Show 17 Megastream Breakdown - Graphical Upgrades, RTTS, Live Content
Saturday, March 18, 2017
08:19 AM - March 18, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
We had our own MLB The Show 17 megastream, right after Sony Interactive Entertainment had theirs. Make sure you are subscribed to our Twitch channel, so you get notified when we go LIVE.
In this MLB The Show 17 franchise mode livestream breakdown, Millennium runs through the entire stream and points out plenty of details you might have missed. Give it a watch and post your thoughts and don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel.
Friday, March 17, 2017
08:35 AM - March 17, 2017. Posted by GetThePuckOut. Written by Steve Noah
NHL 17 patch 1.07 is available now, details above. If any other details are revealed, this post will get updated.
Thursday, March 16, 2017
11:00 PM - March 16, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Check out the top 10 players at each position in MLB The Show 17 and post your thoughts! These were all revealed in this developer tournament Twitch stream.
Below are the overall top players in MLB The Show 17, click here to view the top 10 at each position.
- Mike Trout – Overall 99
- Clayton Kershaw – Overall 99
- Jose Altuve – Overall 97
- Andrew Miller – Overall 96
- Kenley Jansen – Overall 95
- Josh Donaldson – Overall 94
- Kris Bryant – Overall 94
- Max Scherzer – Overall 93
- Nolan Arenado – Overall 93
- Manny Machado – Overall 93
- Chris Sale – Overall 93
- Mookie Betts – Overall 93
- Noah Syndergaard – Overall 92
- Corey Kluber – Overall 92
- Jake Arrieta – Overall 92
- Zach Britton – Overall 92
- Miguel Cabrera – Overall 92
- Madison Bumgarner – Overall 92
04:44 PM - March 16, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Elliott Jenkins
With MLB The Show 17 under two weeks away, this week’s Throwback Thursday appropriately focuses on one of the inspirations for Retro Mode, Major League Baseball Featuring Ken Griffey Jr.
Before we begin, there is an important distinction that must be made. To avoid confusion, this Throwback Thursday covers the 1998 release on Nintendo 64 titled Major League Baseball Featuring Ken Griffey Jr. It is not to be confused with the other Nintendo 64 release Ken Griffey Jr.’s Slugfest nor the similarly-titled (and previously covered) Ken Griffey Jr. Presents Major League Baseball for the Super Nintendo.
Read More - Throwback Thursday: Major League Baseball Featuring Ken Griffey Jr. (Written by: Elliott Jenkins)
02:05 PM - March 16, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Ben Vollmer
There is no worse position in basketball than to be mediocre. You lack the hope of a potential NBA Championship, and you can't pin your hopes on snagging a top three pick in the draft.
The Knicks could find themselves firmly planted in that sort of territory if they don't get lucky in the Lottery and end up in that 6-8 pick range. Long term, they might be unable to climb the standings for a playoff bid and too stubborn to sink the ship altogether.
So what can we do to fix the Knicks in NBA 2K17? It might be time for a full-on rebuild.
Read More - How to Fix the New York Knicks in NBA 2K17 (Written by: Ben Vollmer)
01:02 PM - March 16, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
The graphical improvement Twitch stream has started for MLB The Show 17. Once the stream has finished, we will post an archive link.
Watch it here and post your thoughts!!
UPDATE: Here is the archive.
The Road to the Show and Developer tournament streams will be posted when they start, later today.
Wednesday, March 15, 2017
07:10 PM - March 15, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
The OS Daily is online and ready for viewing. Make sure to take a few minutes out of your day and get caught up on the latest sports gaming news with our host Millennium.
Today he talks more about MLB The Show 17 RTTS and Franchise modes, new Madden NFL 17 patch, new details on OOTP 18 and more.
Check it out here and if it's something you enjoy, please like and subscribe to our YouTube channel.
03:40 PM - March 15, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Ryan Spencer
Last week, the Sony San Diego team detailed an intriguing new feature intended to make each player feel more unique in MLB The Show 17: Player Quirks.
Player Quirks are extensions of the current set of player attributes to set apart those who have special abilities. A few examples detailed last week were “Rally Monkey” for players who excel at hitting when the team is trailing, “Road Warrior” for players who perform better playing away from home, and “Night Player” for those who prefer performing under the lights.
Some Player Quirks have a stacking effect on the batter’s PCI (Plate Coverage Indicator), making it easier or more difficult for the batter to get contact (and quality contact) on a pitch. Pitchers also have Player Quirks as well, which can shrink the batter’s PCI and give them an advantage in the matchup.
Read More - Player Quirks Are a Step in the Right Direction for MLB The Show (Written by: Ryan Spencer)
09:49 AM - March 15, 2017. Posted by smiley3. Written by Steve Noah
Check out the latest MLB The Show 17 video featuring Road to the Show and post your thoughts!
09:09 AM - March 15, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Madden NFL 17 title update 11 is available now, check out the patch notes below and let us know what you are seeing.
- Fixed a bug where the offensive tackle would play a blocking animation without engaging with a defensive player
- Addressed a bug that caused the gameplay speed inside of Gauntlet, Skills Trainer, and Franchise Game Planning Drills to be extremely slow
- Addressed a bug where a user’s profile settings weren’t being honored in Play-a-Friend games
- For online MUT and Draft Champions games, the 3-letter team name shown in the score hud will now represent the first 3 letters of your team name just as it does in Solo Challenges
- Addressed the issue where declining a Live Commentary Update (LCU) and powering on from rest mode could cause significant lag in the menus and in-game
- Other minor stability improvements
06:14 AM - March 15, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
TrueAchievements have posted an interview with Mike Torillo, one of the founders of the studio for Old Time Hockey.
EA's NHL series has held a monopoly of sorts over hockey in video games during the past few years. Other than its general appearance and tone, what is it about Old Time Hockey that you're hoping will make it stand out on its own?
We think the game’s pick up and play style will help make it stand out. New and old gamers alike should be able to sit down and enjoy playing together. It was important to us that we delivered a great couch-gaming experience. We have fond memories of playing hockey video games on the couch with buddies and above all else, this is what we focused most of our attention on.
Can you delve more into the game's story mode and explain some of the things that players can expect to find there? Are there other game modes that players can also expect?
Story Mode drops players into the middle of a season of a last placed team. We don’t want to give away too much but there’s plenty of hijinx during the season. It’s meant for the player to feel like how it was like to play in the 70s. It’s a simple period piece reflecting things that just wouldn’t fly in today’s present game. Gameplay-wise, players are provided game objectives to complete to improve their team or collect hockey cards. We also have a mode where players can choose their favorite team to play a regular full season.
Old Time Hockey is scheduled to arrive for PlayStation 4 and PC on March 28, and sometime in Q2 2017 for Xbox One and Nintendo Switch.
Below are the PC system requirements.
Tuesday, March 14, 2017
07:41 PM - March 14, 2017. Posted by zman2392. Written by Steve Noah
GameSpot has posted a new MLB The Show 17 video featuring a full game between the Toronto Blue Jays and New York Yankees.
Post your thoughts!
05:55 PM - March 14, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
IGN has posted a couple of new MLB The Show 17 videos. This one featuring quick manage in Franchise mode and this one going over the critical situations feature.