Don't expect a revolution this year, just another step forward for the franchise...
It's not flashy or brilliant, but it'll do just fine for this year.
General first impressions after a few days with the game...
A cool experiment which is free to play, what do we think of it?
It's been an interesting year for Konami's PES team. While EA rushed to harness the power of the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One with FIFA 14, Konami decided to release PES 2014 on the Xbox 360 & PS3 utilizing the critically acclaimed Fox Engine. Despite receiving numerous gameplay patches throughout the year, PES 2014 often felt more frustrating than fun. Those who stayed the course with PES 2014 were ultimately rewarded with the best gameplay since PES 2011.
As news began to emerge on PES 2015, the community remained cautiously optimistic as Konami boasted that this year, "The Pitch is Ours." It's a claim that the community had heard before and all signs were pointing towards a pivotal year for a franchise that has seen its market share decrease in Europe and the United States over the past few years.
With the release of PES 2015, Konami has attempted to re-embrace its roots, focusing its attention on what it does best: gameplay. Now that kickoff whistle has blown, it's time to take to the pitch and see how successful PES 2015 is this year at replicating the beautiful game.
Read More - In PES 2015, The Old Magic is Back on the Pitch (XB1/PS4 Review)
Another free content update is scheduled to arrive for EA Sports UFC on Wednesday, November 19th. Myles Jury and Yoel Romero have been confirmed.
UPDATE: Andrei Arlovski has been confirmed.
According to GameplayDevUFC, this content update will not feature any gameplay fixes.
We will update this post as more information comes in.
Who do you hope to see?
If you want to help improve the NBA Live 15 experience, this is a very unique way to possibly help the game improve this year.
WTF is a long-time member of our site and also an EA Sports Game Changer, so he has a voice with the developers and constructive feedback will only help the experience in NBA Live 15 improve. Read his message and leave your own constructive feedback in the comments!
At their core, video games are supposed to be fun experiences that may or may not mimic real life. The key though, is for them to be fun and easy enough to use that people can actually play them.
When it comes to iOS games, that charge can be summed up even simpler: the games have to have a premise simple enough to pick up and play, but they have to offer enough depth and reward you for your skill enough to keep you playing.
TrueSkate is a great example of perfectly fine iOS game design. The premise is simple, you can skate around a skate park and try to join together tricks for higher combos or you can try to complete any number of missions to earn in-game currency to buy more skateboards or unlock new items in the game.
Read More - TrueSkate Review (iOS/Android)
Project CARS will feature 125cc shifter karts and the more powerful 250cc Superkarts.
Project CARS is scheduled to release on March 17th for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.
The MyNBA2K15 app has been updated, adding Pick and Win, NBA 2KTV and more. The app includes exclusive features such as being able to chat in MyPARK, quick and easy ways to earn extra VC, and the ability to shop in the MyPLAYER Store on your mobile device.
Download the app from the App Store for iOS and the Google Play Store for Android.
Below is the list of updates.
- Pick and Win now available! Pick which real NBA teams will win their games each day to collect VC!
- Rivals Clash begins! Pick a team and face off against the community to win great new cards in events every couple of weeks.
- Added NBA 2KTV! Stream the latest episode of NBA 2KTV to your device!
- Daily Bonus issues resolved
- Login Messaging Improvements
- Some Combine issues resolved
- Minor improvements and bug fixes
- Driveclub Offers Free Premium DLC Packs, Game Update to Include Photo Mode & More
- NHL 15 Roster Update Available Now (November Update)
- NBA 2K15 Roster Update Details (11-14-14)
- NBA All Net Hits The App-Store in Certain Regions
- Madden NFL 15 Week 11 Roster Update Available Now, Details Included
- Madden NFL 15 Attributes Explained
- NBA 2K15 Roster Update Details (11-13-14)
- LeBron 12 Available Now in NBA 2K15
- NBA 2K15 Roster Update Details (11-12-14)
- The Man Behind the Sneakers of NBA Live 15
- NBA Live 15 Halftime Postgame Highlights Issue Resolved
- WWE 2K15 Creation Suite Details Revealed
- NBA 2K15 Roster Update Details (11-11-14)
- PES 2015 Available Now, Day One Patch Details - Post Your Impressions Here
- PES 2015 Reviews From Around the Web
- NHL Legends Available Now Exclusively in NHL 15 Hockey Ultimate Team
Videos and Screenshots
- WWE 2K15 Gameplay Videos and More From the YouTube Community
- Tons of WWE 2K15 Gameplay Videos (PlayStation 4)
- WWE 2K15 Controls Trailer For Xbox One & PlayStation 4
- WWE 2K15 Video - Entrances For Mark Henry, Rob Van Dam & Adrian Neville
- Mario Kart 8 DLC Pack 1 Review
- Dual Threat Podcast - Season 3: Week 12 Preview
- Should You Buy Games at Launch?
- Press Row Podcast Episode 109: The New Age of Broken Launches
- Hockey? Prototype Offers A Free First-Person, Physics Based Game on PC
- The Five Best Ways To Improve Madden's Presentation
- The Quest for a Better Playing FIFA 15, An Interview With Matt10 And Orion523
- Five Things The Golf Club Can Improve Upon
- Madden NFL 15 Players Actually Don't Want to Touch the Ball
- The Biggest Need for MLB 15: The Show is?
- NBA Live 15 Is Already Showing Improvement Post-Release
While the Evolution team continues to work on the server related issues with Driveclub, they are offering users that have purchased the game, free premium DLC and livery packs.
The game update, scheduled to arrive on Tuesday, will include photo mode and more. For those looking for an announcement on the PS Plus Edition, it won't happen until they get the servers stabilized.
Check out the details below.
Nearly half of the Wii U's 7.29 million owners have purchased Mario Kart 8, which by September's end, had sold 3.49 million copies, according to Nintendo's latest earnings report.
Naturally, the company is now looking to extract additional revenue from its successful kart racer's sizable player base. So far, Nintendo has announced two packs of paid downloadable content, with the first bundle going live Wednesday, November 13, and the second batch arriving in May 2015.
Read More - Mario Kart 8 DLC Pack 1 Review
The 2014 college football season is under way, and we have it all covered on Dual Threat, Operation Sports' College Football Podcast! Dual Threat is hosted by Matt Cahill, a.k.a. Drab T-Shirt, and Robert Bode, hosts and producers at 106.7 The Fan in DC, and they discuss everything college football related with an opinionated and fast-paced show!
In this episode of Dual Threat Season 3, Drab and Bode recap all the action from the six huge match-ups between ranked teams last weekend, plus Drab and Bode discuss whether a two-loss SEC team should make the CFB Playoffs, how the mess at the top of the Big XII should work out, and the guys bring back their favorite segment, "This or That" as the guys debate which running back they'd rather have, Nebraska's Ameer Abdullah or Wisconsin's Melvin Gordon, who the starting QB should be on opening day next season for Ohio State, and which "local" team has the better chance at the upset today, Virginia Tech over Duke or Maryland over Michigan State. Plus, Drab and Bode preview and predict the biggest games on the day; 19Clemson-22Georgia Tech, 8Ohio State-25Minnesota, 16Nebraska-20Wisconsin, 9Auburn-15Georgia, 3Florida State-Miami(FL) and of course 1Mississippi State-5Alabama!
Be sure to follow the show and guys on Twitter, @DualThreatCFB, @DrabTShirt and @Bode1067. Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes or Stitcher, listen in the embedded player below or click here. Also, you can check out the guys every Saturday morning from 7-8am on 106.7 The Fan in DC! Be sure to listen in every week for new episodes, right here on OperationSports.com. Thanks for listening!
"It feels like the developers are knowingly shipping games with giant chunks missing."
That sentiment from OS User RipCityAndy seems to sum up the sentiment of OS'ers at the moment.
In a recent poll on Operation Sports, 47% of respondents said they were no longer buying games at launch after what has been an absolute epidemic of games shipping with broken pieces within them.
With notable non-sports game flubs the past couple of weeks, including the new Halo: The Master Chief Collection shipping with broken online matchmaking as well as Assassins Creed: Unity being a buggy mess -- it seems like the fervor over video games shipping as incomplete nearly 'beta' versions has reached a new level.
In sports gaming, several titles have shipped with pieces or components which simply were not working. NBA 2K15's insistence on being always online even for single player experiences was a brief disaster, as-is Driveclub's continual server issues. NHL 15 managed to ship so stripped down, it caused a near mutiny on OS.
From an editorial point of view, this puts us in a weird position. We want to convey our impressions so our readers can have informed buying positions as soon as possible -- but recently publishing a review on the same day as launch is a good way to be a few days too early on what will inevitably be a mass influx of bugs and issues discovered by the community. As it stands, we have elected a far more conservative position of releasing day one impressions -- but leaving the scored review to a few days after release.
For us, much less to many consumers needing to spend $60 on a brand new game, the uncertainty of how a piece of software is going to react to gamers logging in is simply too great to justify a day one purchase recommendation. That is the unfortunate reality of gaming in the final days 2014.
Is there anything developers and publishers can do to ensure better launches of games in the future?
The week 11 Operation Sports Fantasy Football league is open! It's $5 to enter and first place wins $100 this week. Here's the link.
To recap week 10, guily84 beat the field with an against-the-grain roster from top to bottom. Only 1 of his players was owned by more than 8.2% of the field. The key picks were Marshawn Lynch with his four touchdown performance (8.2% owned), and Dez Bryant (3.6% owned) and his two touchdown day against the Jaguars in London.
Congratulations to all the winners! Here's guily's lineup.
Good luck in week 11! Here’s the link.
The 109th episode of the Press Row Podcast is a special episode, taking a look at how the mainstream and independent media have to change their approaches to covering games in the current market. Polygon’s Owen Good and PastaPadre’s Bryan Wiedey join host Rich Grisham to reflect on the first year of the PS4 and Xbox One launches. It’s startling just how many titles – sports games and otherwise – have suffered crippling problems at launch and beyond. Should “Day 1” reviews exist anymore? Why do sites tolerate embargoes that lift after the retail release of a game? Should sites refuse post-launch embargoes over all? How can a game properly be covered after launch – and is there an audience for that coverage? Do sports games get a fair shake when compared to other AAA titles with much larger teams and longer development times?
Joining us this week:
- Bryan Wiedey, PastaPadre (@PastaPadre)
- Owen Good, Polygon (@OwenGood)
- And your host, Richard Grisham (@richgrisham)
Send us your feedback! We love to hear from you and can’t wait to read your stuff on the air in a future episode. Do it one of these ways:
- Follow the show on Twitter at @PressRowPodcast and send us some Tweets while you’re there
- Email the show at PressRowPodcast@gmail.com
Also, the Press Row Podcast is now available on iTunes (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...ow/id563624090, Stitcher Radio (http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/oper...ss-row-podcast) , and the Windows Store, so subscribe to it and rate it too!
Enjoy the show!
Run Time: 1:18
After releasing their first NHL 15 roster update last month, EA Sports has released another for November.
It is available for all consoles, reflecting the current lineups in the NHL, AHL Liga, SHL, DEL, Extraliga ledniho hokeje, and National League.
ROSTER UPDATE DOWNLOAD INSTRUCTIONS*:
Xbox One & PlayStation 4:
- In the NHL 15 main menu, select (Customize)
- In the Customize section, select (Roster)
- In the Roster section, select (Active Rosters)
- In the Active Rosters section, select the most recent update organized by ‘Date & Time’ under EA SPORTS NHL Official Rosters.
- In the NHL 15 main menu, select (Customize)
- In the Customize section, select (Roster Management)
- In the Roster Management section, select (Download Rosters)
- In the Download Rosters section, select the most recent update organized by ‘Date & Time’
Fire up those consoles and post your thoughts.
Are you tired of playing hockey games where the puck seems superglued onto skaters' sticks? Have you ever wished that stick handling and shooting required more skill than simply touching one button? Do you dislike how easy overhead cameras have made it to pinpoint open passing and shooting lanes? Are you bored of dominating simplistic AI that never adjusts to your tactics and follows the same easy-to-beat routines every single shift? If so, you should try Hockey?, a free multiplayer-only PC game created by Cryptic Sea.
Read More - Hockey? Prototype Offers A Free First-Person, Physics Based Game on PC