A look at managing finances in FIFA 15.
Metalhead's Baseball title is a smashing success...
How to take the Pistons to the promised land.
A more in-depth look at the upcoming arcade baseball title from Metalhead.
Operation Sports Content
Monday, December 15, 2014
04:42 PM - December 15, 2014. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve NoahThe Forza Horizon 2 Storm Island Expansion DLC arrives tomorrow for Xbox One gamers. It will cost $19.99 ($9.99 if you are a Forza Horizon 2 VIP subscriber). Make sure you check out the videos below for more information about the DLC.
If the embedded videos below don't work for you, click here and view them at IGN.
02:56 PM - December 15, 2014. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Ben Vollmer
It is hard to believe that it's been 10 years since the likes of Ben Wallace and Rip Hamilton won an NBA Championship for the Detroit Pistons. Motor City haa gone downhill ever since and have somehow resulted in having the NBA's most under-achieving team. It isn't as if they haven't tried; moves to get Brandon Jennings and Joel Anthony were supposed to provide balance and depth. Yet, here they sit, in last place in the Central division. Here are three moves you can make in your NBA 2K15 association to restore their former glory:
1. Get Rid of Josh Smith: Look, it's not as if the Pistons probably haven't tried. Smith is both the highest paid player on the Pistons (by a long shot) and one of the least efficient. Even if you can't get anything for him, it's worth trying to unload him on a contender with a lot of room in the budget.
2. Embrace the Tank: No one wants to be called a quitter, but the Pistons aren't making the playoffs this year. Instead, focus on the years to come. If you can be open to dealing one of your bigs in Drummond or Monroe, all the better.
3. Turn Monroe into a Star: If you don't follow my previous advice to get a haul for Monroe, then do everything you can to turn him into a star. He's already one of the best at his position, but the Pistons really need him to be even better than that. Regardless of who is around him, Monroe will always be the Piston's most important piece.
11:23 AM - December 15, 2014. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Robert Kollars
If you’re an older sports gamer, than you probably have fond memories of past baseball games such as Ken Griffey Jr.’s Winning Run, R.B.I Baseball (Classic version) and Baseball Stars. What do all of these games have in common? Well, that would be a simple, engaging, and fun approach to America’s past time. While games like this are a rarity these days, the ambitious developer, Metalhead, aims to bring a small piece of that era back, with Super Mega Baseball. Did they succeed?
Read More - Super Mega Baseball is a Throwback of the Good Kind (PS4 Review)
09:09 AM - December 15, 2014. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
PES 2015 Data Pack 2 is scheduled to release tomorrow for Xbox One and PlayStation 4. It includes new UEFA clubs, 73 new/updated player faces (click here to see a list of all the players that are included), four new stadiums, 10 new boot styles, 2 new match balls, kit updates, updated transfers and more.
Check out the details and press release below.
- 4 new UEFA clubs: FC Basel, BATE Borisov, Beşiktaş and NK Maribor - all fully licensed.
- 73 new/updated player faces: including Aaron Ramsey, Karim Bellarabi, José Callejón, Gerard Deulofeu, Iker Muniain, Rúben Neves and Luke Shaw. Konami confirm more faces will be added throughout the game's lifespan.
- Four new stadiums for PS4 and Xbox One: Estádio do Morumbi, Saitama Stadium, El Monumental and Estádio Mineirão.
- 10 new boot styles gives users the latest designs from Adidas, Mizuno and Umbro.
- Two new match balls: Ligue 1 OMB and the Adidas Conext 15.
- Kit updates for sides such as River Plate, Estudiantes and the German national team.
- Updated transfers: Live Updates will also reflect all deals from next month's January transfer window.
- myClub update: A 'huge' number of improvements, with Event Competitions and offline tournaments implemented to give users more ways to earn GP.
KONAMI Announces Pro Evolution Soccer 2015’s ‘Data Pack 2’ Update Contents
Free Update Includes New Teams, Faces, Stadiums and myClub Advancements
Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. announced that it will be releasing its free ‘Data Pack 2’ download for Pro Evolution Soccer 2015 users. The new update, available from tomorrow, December 16, will include: four teams, 73 player faces, four stadiums and a number of key advances to the popular myClub mode.
As part of KONAMI’s commitment to continually enhance PES 2015, which has won a number of awards including 'Best Sports Game' at both Gamescom and Paris Games Week, the free download will be implemented on December 16. With PES 2015 exclusively featuring the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa Cup competitions, players will now also have access to official recreations of FC Basel 1893, Besiktas, FC Bate Borisov and NK Maribor – all featured in this year’s tournaments. All four teams will be fully licensed in the game, and will include respective team kits, rosters and iconography.
Acclaimed for its incredible player likenesses, the PES 2015 update adds 73 new player faces from all over the globe, including renowned stars such as José Callejón, Aaron Ramsey, Karim Bellarabi and Gerard Deulofeu. Up and coming stars such as England left-back Luke Shaw, Spanish star Iker Munian and Portugal’s Ruben Neves – all focal to the continuation of the PES 2015 Mantra: ‘The Pitch is Ours’ – will also be part of the update. All 73 updated players have been selected based on community requests worldwide, and will be joined by even more additions throughout the year.
Tied into these likenesses is the addition of a new element within myClub, a mode that allows users to build a team of world-class players using points earned for achieving milestones or through good play. These points can be spent on building a new team, and players can also be added via micro-transactions. The 73 new players, as well as upcoming stars, will also be featured in upcoming myClub events.
Further bolstered with Event Competitions, myClub provides users new ways to accumulate points for their team. A new panel will be added to the main menu screen, and Event Competitions will be open for limited times only. Players will be matched online, in one-off games or tournaments. A scalable selection of rewards will be gifted to the winning players. A tournament against CPU-controlled users is also available, with players matched against teams of similar ability and earning various rewards for successfully winning the tournament.
The update also includes the faithful recreation of four new stadiums including Estadio do Morumbi, Saitama Stadium, El Comumental and Estadio Mineirao, with the latter an exclusive to PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft. Other additions to the main game include 10 new boots showcasing the latest styles from adidas, Umbro and Mizuno, as well as the adidas Pro Ligue 1 and Conext 15 official match balls.
Additional kit updates and enhancements include those of River Plate, Estudiantes De La Plata and the German national side. All player moves have also been finalized, with additional January moves and loans to be constantly updated via PES 2015’s weekly stat updates, which reflect the form of players and sides within the game on an ongoing basis. Smaller improvements and enhancements have also been made to the Squad lists within myClub.
Sunday, December 14, 2014
12:11 PM - December 14, 2014. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve NoahEvery Sunday, we will get you caught up on the sports gaming news you might have missed during the week.
- NBA 2K15 Roster Update Details (12-13-14)
- 2K Sports is Banning Users Who Upload Chris Benoit CAWs
- NBA Live 15 Title Update #2 Available Now For PS4, Coming Soon For Xbox One
- The Golf Club Feature Update #2 Submitted, Includes New Handicap System
- Madden NFL 15 Week 15 Roster Update Available Now
- EA Sports UFC Coming to the EA Access Vault on December 18th
- NBA 2K15 Patch #3 Available Now For PC
- Free Legends Content Update Available Now For EA Sports UFC
- WWE 2K15 Patch 1.02 Available Now For PS4, Soon For Xbox One - Patch Notes Included
- NBA 2K15 Patch #3 Available Now For PS4, Soon For Xbox One/PC - Patch Notes Included
- Bo Jackson Is Coming to Madden NFL 15
- Driveclub Game Update 1.08 Available Now, Full Details Included
Featured Articles and Media
- Super Mega Baseball Gameplay Videos
- Driveclub REDLINE Expansion Pack Trailer
- Dual Threat Podcast - Season 3: Army - Navy Week
- NBA 2K15 on Sale For $29.99 (Xbox One & PlayStation 4)
- From Worst to First: Philadelphia 76ers
- Press Row Podcast - Old Friends and New
- New NHL 15 Roster Update Raises Rookie Ratings, Improves CHL
- NHL 16 Survey Reveals More On Potential New Features
- New WWE 2K15 Patch Moves Game Forward
- The Golf Club Video Tutorial - Placing Multiple Objects
- Super Mega Baseball Interview with Scott Drader
- Several PSN Sports Titles On Sale Now
- NHL 15 Leaves Fans Disappointed Again with Overhyped 'New Era' Announcement
- Super Mega Baseball Gameplay Teaser Trailer Is Here
- No Joy in Mudville for Xbox Owners
- PES 2015: Unlocking the Keys to Success
- From Worst to First: Turning Around the Oakland Raiders in Madden
11:37 AM - December 14, 2014. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Chris Sanner
We have posted four new gameplay videos of Super Mega Baseball. Check out the one embedded above or check all of them out at the links below:
Super Mega Baseball Gameplay Video #1
Super Mega Baseball Gameplay Video #2
Super Mega Baseball Gameplay Video #3
Super Mega Baseball Gameplay Video #4
Saturday, December 13, 2014
04:46 PM - December 13, 2014. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
NBA 2K15 roster updates arrive much more frequently this year. Whenever one is available, Mike Stauffer (bedwardsroy19) will provide us with the details.
Check out the changes for this mornings roster update here.
NOTE: If you have a roster update request, please post it in this thread (comments will be locked for individual roster updates from now on). The requests should be exclusively in reference to inaccuracies in specific jersey team colors, player accessories, shoes, jersey numbers, player information, rotations, contracts, and missing players. The thread is NOT meant to discuss player attributes/tendencies/badges/art changes.
12:36 PM - December 13, 2014. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
The Driveclub has released a new trailer featuring the upcoming REDLINE Expansion Pack, which arrives on December 23rd as part of the Season Pass program.
It includes 5 new vehicles (Renault Alpine A110-50, McLaren F1 LM, Ferrari 458 Speciale, Chevrolet Corvette Stingray & Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Coupe Electric Drive) 11 new tour events and 5 new trophies.
NOTE: Still no word on the PlayStation Plus version.
11:40 AM - December 13, 2014. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
The 2014 college football season is under way, and we have it all covered on Dual Threat, Operation Sports' College Football Podcast! Dual Threat is hosted by Matt Cahill, a.k.a. Drab T-Shirt, and Robert Bode, hosts and producers at 106.7 The Fan in DC, and they discuss everything college football related with an opinionated and fast-paced show!
In this episode of Dual Threat Season 3, Drab and Bode discuss the rivalry game unlike any other; Army-Navy, the Heisman Trophy and Oregon QB Marcus Mariota, plus a debate on the Playoff Committee's final four, why the Big XII got left out, was Ohio State's inclusion part of a bigger conspiracy, and callers weigh-in on if the Playoffs are good with four teams, or if they should expand to six, eight or more schools.
Be sure to follow the show and guys on Twitter, @DualThreatCFB, @DrabTShirt and @Bode1067. Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes or Stitcher, listen in the embedded player below or click here. Also, you can check out the guys every Saturday morning from 7-8am on 106.7 The Fan in DC! Be sure to listen in every week for new episodes, right here on OperationSports.com. Thanks for listening!
07:49 AM - December 13, 2014. Posted by Poke.
Amazon currently has both the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions of NBA 2K15 on sale for $29.99.
Friday, December 12, 2014
04:38 PM - December 12, 2014. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
The Operations Sports week 15 fantasy league is now open. It's $5 to join this week with a $200 total prize pool. It includes the games on Sunday and Monday night. You can click here to join.
Week 14's winner was hollycow, who rostered both the most expensive RB (Leveon Bell) and the most expensive WR (Calvin Johnson). They both came to play, producing 44.5 and 25.8 points each. Pairing Calvin with his quarterback Matthew Stafford (24.24 points) proved very effective.
Here's hollycow's winning lineup in week 14.
Good luck in week 15! You can join here.
01:38 PM - December 12, 2014. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Chris Sanner
If, for whatever reason, you are looking for a well crafted Christ Benoit created wrestler or if you upload one -- you will find trouble of different sorts it appears.
According to an article from Kotaku, uploading a digital version of Benoit can and will result in you being banned from the online features of WWE 2K15.
"I only delete profane, nudity, and inappropriate creations," said 2K's Marcus Stephenson on Twitter.
The article from Kotaku dives further into the why of the decision, but it's honestly somewhat understandable that WWE wouldn't want anything related to Benoit in the game. It's worth noting other potentially inappropriate characters such as Adolf Hitler are also being deleted from the servers.
This of course does raise questions about how much control you should have over a game you bought -- despite the fact you are using free public servers to move said content around. As it stands, uploading any created wrestler which can be deemed as inappropriate can result in a ban from the 2K servers. You can contact 2K support to get your status back, although there is no word on if that step is working for anyone who has been banned or not.
So let us know what you think, should 2K be clamping down on their created wrestlers or should they be more open to any and all created content?
01:10 PM - December 12, 2014. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Ben Vollmer
It has become relatively popular to turn the Philadelphia 76ers into the punchline of any NBA joke. They struggled mightily to get their first win of 2014 and things haven't looked much better in past seasons. They're headed straight for another top pick, but is that necessarily a bad thing? The 76ers may have a plan, and it's up to you to follow along in your NBA 2K15 association. Here are three moves you can make to help speed along the process:
1. Use 2014/2015 to get Comfortable: You may not be able to play with shot-blocking phenom Joel Embiid, but the rest of your roster should basically be playing for a spot on next year's team.
It's no secret that the 76ers have been stocking up on draft picks, so you can assume that a good portion of your current roster is going to be gone in favor of younger talent. See what you have in guys like Carter-Williams and Malcolm Lee, and go from there.
2. Save Cap Space: In one or two years, people are going to stop laughing at the 76ers and start wanting to be the 76ers. Save your money for a top flight talent in free agency, because it won't be long before the 76ers have a talent studded roster that a superstar is going to want to tag themselves to.
3. Develop Nerlens Noel: This may seem like a no-brainer, but it's easy to pawn Noel off as being a force strictly on the defensive end. Do what you can to develop his offensive game, and hope that when Embiid is finally healthy, the two can play a cohesive game of basketball together.
Have you played as the 76ers? What would you do to turn the franchise around?
10:30 AM - December 12, 2014. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
The 113th episode of the Press Row Podcast is a three-part holiday special. Up first is a mini 4th String reunion with Mike Suszek , Ryan Lewis, and Rich Grisham getting together to chat about what 2014 sports games meant to them. Next, Rich interviews Metalhead Software’s Scott Drader about his upcoming PS3/PS4 game Super Mega Baseball. Lastly, the full audio from this week’s Press Row Hangout closes the show, with Bryan Wiedey, T.J. Lauerman, and Rich Grisham discussing the first batch of MLB 15 news along with reactions to a big NBA 2K15 update, Bo Jackson in Madden, and a few other items. Happy Holidays!
Joining us this week:
- Mike Suszek, Joystiq (@MikeSuszek)
- Ryan Lewis (@ryanthelou)
- Scott Drader, Metalhead Software (@ScottDrader)
- Bryan Wiedey, PastaPadre (@pastapadre)
- T.J. Lauerman, ThatSportsGamer (@ThatSportsGamer)
- And your host, Richard Grisham, GamesRadar/OXM/@GAMER (@richgrisham)
1) Follow the show on Twitter at @PressRowPodcast and send us some Tweets while you’re there
2) Email the show at PressRowPodcast@gmail.com
3) Respond to this post
Also, the Press Row Podcast is now available on iTunes (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...ow/id563624090) and Stitcher Radio (http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/oper...ss-row-podcast), so subscribe to it and rate it too!
Enjoy the show!
Run Time: 2 Hours, 19 Minutes
If you can't view or listen to the embedded player below, please click here.
08:01 AM - December 12, 2014. Posted by KG#5beantown. Written by Steve Noah
Another NBA Live 15 title update has arrived this morning. It includes Christmas uniforms and weighs in at 948 MB. The patch is currently available on the PlayStation 4.
We will update this post once it is available on Xbox One and/or we get any additional information on the update.
Let us know what you are seeing.
UPDATE: NBA Live 15 title update #2 will be available for Xbox One users tomorrow. Below are the details, taken from the official blog, which contains more than 400 improvements.
UPDATE #2: The blog has been updated. The patch will not arrive on Saturday, it has been changed to "Coming Soon".
Synergy will affect rosters both offline and online. If a player doesn't dress, he will not be available in online or offline Play Now. This will not affect Dynasty, Rising Star or Ultimate Team.
NEW PLAYER HEAD SCANS
Added 15 scanned player heads including:
- Noah Vonleh
- Shabazz Napier
- Gary Harris
- Elfrid Payton
- Zach LaVine
- Dario Saric
- James Young
- Nik Stauskas
- T.J. Warren
- Doug McDermott
Added uniforms that teams will wear on Christmas Day
LIVE ULTIMATE TEAM
More than 50 bug fixes, as well as an improved interface for LUT Fantasy Challenges. Also added Quicksell Value view to Items, as well as Pack Bundles.
Adjustments to three-point shooting percentage and effectiveness, for both CPU and User controlled teams.
Tuned collisions and contests when driving the lane and going up for a layup for more varied results. Expect more misses if there is heavy contact in the paint.
SIGNATURE JUMPERS AND FREE THROW ROUTINES
Added more authentic shooting animations for players around the league.
We’ve made timing for releasing your shot more forgiving for both online and offline play. Now, the timing feels more natural and predictable.
BALL TRAJECTORY AND PHYSICS
Tuned the shot arc and rim physics for more organic shot types and results. Gone are the days where every made three-pointer is a swish.
DEFENSIVE BITE AND PUMP FAKE ANIMATIONS
Players will recover much quicker and have better overall positioning while defending dribble moves and fakes.
Tuned the AI during inbound plays to be more responsive and initiate more movement.
SHOT FEEDBACK METER
Enhanced the feedback system to include your player’s rating for that particular shot type and whether you were open or not.
Cleaned up some of the invisible boundary issues when moving along the baseline with the ball.
Tuned stealing to address spamming issues with results in more fouls being called.
END OF GAME AI
Address late game AI issues where players would not react or respond naturally – often causing them to dribble the ball out or not attempt a shot with the clock winding down.
Adjusted the intentional foul animation to address player warping issues.