A look at a massive open-world winter sports experience...
A look at how the franchise stacks up to someone not entirely familiar with it.
A look at Out of the Park Developments newest text-sim offering.
Most OS'ers expressed a desire for sports games to release farther apart from each other...
"MVP attempts to break the dreaded 'Backyard Football Curse.'"
- Microsoft Confirms HDMI Port on X360 Premium Model, Not Core (Updated)
- PSP Slim: Not that slim
- Manhunt appeal could take months
- Activision Talks Guitar Hero III Vs. Rock Band
- Nintendo reveals new peripheral for DS
- "Bourne" video game departs from script
- Future of game graphics could hinge on user-made content
- GOD, the programmer
- Popular Virtual Console games, according to the Wii Shop Channel
- TOP 10 Present Clothing Styles I Don’t Get
- God of War creator confirms three PS3 exclusives
- Playing Xbox 360 with your Wii remote
- The Ultimate Fantasy Football User Guide
- Football's Dirtiest Programs
Well, the A/C kicked the bucket and let's just say I gotta pay a nice chunk of change to get it fixed.
Nat killed me in Wii Bowling last night, she bowled a 223 and I had a grand total of 125. She bowled 5 consecutive strikes at one point, spared, then bowled 3 more strikes. I suck.
The Boys and the Colts tonight baby! It's the ONLY thing I'm looking forward to.
What's up with you?
- QOTD: Do you get excited about preseason football?
Happy Birthday to the following OS'ers!
JiggidyJames, DiPLoMaTiC 18 (30), TheJetliranger (22), Rafkepunk (17)
- Most PS3, Xbox 360 Owners Unaware of HD Features
"Curiously, only 30% of Xbox 360 owners are clued in to the device's high definition graphics, compared to 50% of PS3 owners. Of the 50% knowledgeable of the PS3's graphics prowess, only 40% of them were aware the machine's Blu-ray playback capabilities. Only half of that particular group has watched a BRD on the device."
- Microsoft: HDMI Coming to Premium 360's
"Microsoft has just confirmed that HDMI is now standard with the Premium version of the Xbox 360, now priced at $350. The retooled Premium 360, sporting the fancy HDMI, will sport an HDMI logo on the outside of the box, a Microsoft rep told Kotaku."
- Free Copy of Top Spin with 360
"At least a half-dozen stores have confirmed that Top Spin will be included with the Xbox 360 premium starting on Sunday, and four of the stores we've called so far say that they're already on the floor available for sale for $350."
- Stroke Victims Find New Lease On Limbs With Wii Sports
"Today's Star Tribune profiles former real-life tennis player and stroke victim Jerry Pope as he strives to make his way back to the court by playing Wii Sports Tennis. His therapist, Matthew White, began experimenting with the Wii after reading reports of those suffering from strokes using them at home."
"Circuit City Stores, Inc., announced today that Madden NFL 08 Cover Athlete Vince Young has signed on to participate in an exclusive LIVE online forum at http://www.circuitcity.com/ to help celebrate the launch of one of the year's most eagerly-awaited video games."
- FIFA 08 Features, Screenshots and Trailer (Multi)
"FIFA 08 will create a football experience that matches the complexity, finesse and beauty of the real-world game. FIFA 08 challenges you to master the skills required to play like a pro football player, allowing you on the pitch to defy the odds, perfect your skills, elevate your game and rise up to win glory for your club."
- Fine Pro Wrestling Returns Officially Announced w/Screenshots (PS2)
"Revealed a few weeks ago, Agetec announced that it will be publishing Fire Pro Wrestling Returns for the PS2. Previously released only for the GBA in North America, this will mark the first time the acclaimed series will be available on PS2 in this country without visiting an importer."
- Speed Racer: The Videogame Announced (PSP, PS2, Wii)
"Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment announced Speed Racer, based on the upcoming film by the Wachowski brothers, where players will be able to take on the role of the characters from the film, getting behind the wheels of each character's signature vehicles to experience firsthand the film's high-adrenaline, combative racing style."
- Winning Eleven: Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 Trailer (PS3, 360)
- SEGA Rally Revo Videos (360, PS3, PC)
- NHL 08 Create A Player Video (PS3, 360)
- Tony Hawk's Proving Ground Screenshots (DS)
- NHL 08 Screenshots (PS3, 360)
- FIFA Soccer 08 Video (PS2)
- Madden NFL 08 Videos (PSP)
- Madden NFL 08 Screenshots (PSP)
- SEGA Rally Revo Blog - The SEGA Rally Cars (Blog)
"Another S2000 car in the Modified Class is the Grande Punto Rally. This is another new rally car that is doing especially well in the current Intercontinental Rally Challenge. What is really quite interesting about these S2000 cars is that they compete over a wide variety of surface types, so you’re likely to see a Grande Punto Rally slammed on big tarmac wheels on a road event, and then jacked up on gravel spec wheels and tyres on a safari event."
- Madden 08 Countdown: Player Ratings Updated (PC)
- Sensible World of Soccer Trailer (360)
- Winning Eleven: Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 Trailer (360, PS3)
- SEGA Rally Revo Videos (360, PS3, PC)
- FIFA Soccer 08 Video (PS2)
- FIFA 08, NBA 08 Covered
"In May, Electronic Arts revealed that Ronaldinho would be the international cover athlete for FIFA 08. The publisher also announced that in soccer-mad Europe, many territories would see their own local stars join the Brazilian-born FC Barcelona striker on the game's box."
- Tony Hawk's Proving Ground Updated Hands On Preview (PS3)
"The three different paths in Proving Ground are career, hardcore, and rigging. Career-path skaters are those looking to make a living as a pro, get the magazine covers, and the endorsement deals that follow. The hardcore path is for skaters who are in it for the love of the game, but aren't above laying out a little street justice in the process."
- FIFA 08: Q&A With Jozy Altidore (PS3)
"Jozy Altidore has packed a lot into his 17 years. The striker, currently playing in the MLS for the Red Bull New York, was the 17th overall pick in the 2006 MLS draft and made his professional soccer debut in August 2006--while still age 16--and even managed to score a goal in the Red Bulls' loss to D.C. United in last year's Eastern Conference playoffs."
- Picture of XBox 360 Premium with HDMI
- Convert a Houston Texans David Carr jersey to a Matt Schaub jersey
- DS slide sensor
- Warhawks dedicated servers are PS3's
- Call of Duty 4 gameplay videos
- HD-DVD and Blu ray pass VHS in sales...did they pass Betamax yet?
- 80's hairbands do Christmas songs (I must own this!)
- EA now holds 25% voting stake on Ubisoft
"TheTriforce.com is proud to announce the launch of The Unofficial Official Sensible Soccer World Cup, in which the game’s current World Champion Simon Byron will defend his title for the very first time.
31 challengers are being sought to contend the first ever Xbox Live Unofficial Official Sensible Soccer World Cup, with representatives from the best gaming websites and blogs the world over contesting this, the ultimate videogame accolade."
"Codemasters has flicked the switch on the official Sensible World of Soccer website, maybe in an attempt to make up for the lack of an official release date. We've been gagging for the awesome Sensi Soccer to hit Xbox Live Arcade now for what feels like months, but we'll have to hang in there and wait a little longer."