Some ideas to make Madden more of a sim for the next year...
What is the formula the Patriots and Falcons used?
How to get better pacing with your game.
What if NBA 2K determined the lineups instead?
Operation Sports Content
Wednesday, February 22, 2017
07:13 AM - February 22, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Red Bull has posted an interview with Andy Tudor, creative director at Slightly Mad Studios, about the new cars, tracks, dynamic weather, DLC and features for Project CARS 2.
The interview also gives some information on whether we can expect PS4 Pro (and Scorpio) capabilities, PSVR, and Nintendo Switch support and much more.
You can't have a racing game without the cars, so how many new vehicles are you bringing into Project CARS 2? Are there any new manufacturers that we can expect?
There's over 170 licensed cars in the game now, which is a big improvement on the first title, and the success of the first title has allowed us to get a lot of cars and manufacturers licenses that we weren't able to before. One of the big criticisms of the first game was that there were certain massive, iconic brands that were missing, so we're very pleased to say that those guys are now present in the title, and you'll find out what they are in the future, but you can probably guess.
Any standouts or favourites that you're really keen for gamers to play?
Well I think we're adding in Japanese cars for a start, so one of my favourites at the moments is the Honda NSX; it's an amazing car. We're including not only the road race, but also the race version, so even the road version looks amazing (you might have seen it on the Grand Tour recently, for example), but the race version looks even more insane, it's the superhero version, so that's my favourite currently; it just looks amazing.
Source - Red Bull
Tuesday, February 21, 2017
09:40 PM - February 21, 2017. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Brandon Kosal
When discussing the fighting game genre, WWE 2K isn’t the first series to come to mind for most people. Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Marvel vs. Capcom, Tekken, and others are at the forefront. You can draw many differences between these and 2K, but the one we are going to focus on today is ratings.
What do we make of a fighting game that uses player ratings? Die-hard Mortal Kombat fans no doubt have their favorite fighter. Some might choose Scorpion while others are fans of Liu Kang, but these preferences are based more on what moves, combos and fatalities each fighter has.
Wrestling games used to operate the same way. Wrestlers were not given overall ratings, so character selection was based more on what you were feeling at the time. So if you wanted to take on The Undertaker with Spike Dudley, you didn’t feel at a huge disadvantage.
But this has changed in recent years. Even though you could (as I did) argue that WWE 2K is more of a fighting game, it’s typically lumped in with the other sports games, almost all of which focus heavily on ratings. NBA 2K and Madden, for example, promote ratings updates when they are released to users.
Read More - Rating the Ratings in WWE 2K17
08:54 PM - February 21, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
The OS Daily is online and ready for viewing. Make sure to take a few minutes out of your day and get caught up on the latest sports gaming news with our host Millennium.
Today we cover MLB The Show 17 gameplay changes, along with Forza Motorsport 6 and Rocket League patches. Check it out here and if it's something you like, please like and subscribe to our YouTube channel, and we will try our best to keep it as consistent as we can.
02:54 PM - February 21, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Turn10 Studios has released another Forza Motorsport 6 content update today, bringing even more flexibility and features to the game. This update is designed to enhance the multiplayer and spectating experiences in Forza Motorsport 6, for eSports and more specifically the second season of the Forza Racing Championship (ForzaRC).
Hosting & Manual Grid Ordering
With today’s update, a player who starts an online private lobby in multiplayer has hosting privileges which allows them to take advantage of new features. First up, there is now a manual method for ordering the grid before a race begins. When in a private online lobby, the host can manually set the grid order for a race. To do so, select “Game Options” from the menu and then scroll to the “Advanced Rules” screen and look for the “Grid Ordering” option. From there, you can choose “Manual” from the list of options.
With Manual grid ordering, the host has the option to manually place lobby players in any order by moving them up and down the grid order with the Right Stick. Note that lobby players who are set to “Spectate” when a race begins will automatically be pushed to the end of the order, while participating racers will move up the grid order accordingly.
Once the grid has been organized, the host sets the race to begin by pressing the X button. Just before loading into the race after the countdown, players will be presented with a final confirmation screen. From this screen, the host can make any final adjustments to the grid order (once again using the right stick), cancel the launch, or start the race.
Now you can get a detailed view of the starting grid before the race begins. The host of a private lobby can take advantage of this by enabling the new “Grid Preview” feature. To do so, select the “Game Options” menu and then scroll to the “Advanced Rules” screen and look for the “Grid Preview” option. There are three options to choose from: Auto, Manual, or Off.
With “Grid Preview” enabled, players will be shown a car-by-car rundown of the grid before the race begins. Players will see the driver’s Gamertag, as well as the make and model of the car they are driving for that race. With “Grid Preview” set to Auto, the game camera will automatically switch to each car on the grid; in Manual, the lobby host will be able to switch between cars manually by pressing the LB or RB buttons. At any time, the host can choose to start the race immediately by pressing the X button.
Today’s content update also includes improvements to Forza Motorsport 6’s in-game race screens for multiplayer spectators. Now race spectators can use these features to get more information about what’s happening in the race, and to learn more about individual drivers and cars. Once a race has begun, players will find a brand new spectate option called “Info Panels” (indicated by the race helmet icon). By pressing A on this item, spectators can choose from two information panels to bring up: Race Overview and Player Overview. In addition, spectators can choose to bring up both panels at the same time.
The new Race Overview panel showcases crucial in-race information, including a mini-map which shows nearby racers’ positions on the track, as well as a leaderboard indicating where the current car is in the race, and how far the closest competitors are either in front or behind.
With the Player Overview panel, spectators can learn more about the player they are currently focused on in a race. The Player Overview page includes a great deal of information, including name, car information (Car Class, PI, and performance characteristics), as well as driving telemetry like revs, speed, current gear, as well as braking and throttle pressure. In addition, this screen provides information on that racer’s fastest lap of the race, the number of Quick Stops they have completed (if relevant), current lap number, and more. Spectators can toggle these panels on or off at any time by pressing the Y button.
01:46 PM - February 21, 2017. Posted by MMChrisS.
MLB The Show 17 is slowly revealing its secrets -- and thus far we've learned quite a bit about this year's game.
You can check out the MLB The Show 17 page to learn more about what this year's game is bringing to the table if you are not caught up.
With all of that in mind, what do you think about this year's game? Are you planning on purchasing it? Do you still have reservations?
Sound off by voting in our poll. Also, leave a comment as to why you selected what you did!
01:01 PM - February 21, 2017. Posted by tnixen. Written by Steve Noah
IGN has posted another MLB The Show 17 video, this one focuses on the gameplay changes in the game this year. Ramone also mentions there will be no PlayStation VR support this year, but it is something they are looking into for the future.
Check it out and post your thoughts.
12:46 PM - February 21, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Rocket League patch 1.29 is available now, adding 4K support for the PlayStation 4 Pro. Check out some of the details below, full patch notes are at the official website.
- The Hot Wheels Twin Mill III and Bone Shaker Battle-Cars are now available for purchase in the Showroom
- Rocket League now supports PS4 Pro with 4K rendering
- Player’s Choice Crate Series 1 has been added. This crate includes community favorite items voted on by the players
09:32 AM - February 21, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
After more than 20 years a spiritual successor to the cult classic Mutant League Football has finally reached the red zone. Mutant Football League will release later this year on PC and early 2018 on Xbox One and PlayStation 4. The game is described as an “NFL Blitz arcade-style football game, with nasty mutants, ferocious monsters, deadly chainsaws, and lots of gory player deaths, along with some edgy, satirical humor that parodies America’s favorite sport.”
The creator and lead designer of the original game is back to lead development on the new one. We welcome on Michael Mendheim to the Press Row Podcast to talk about the history of mutant football, the ongoing successful Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign and lessons learned from one that came up short in 2013, the challenges of designing a game now vs then, and how fans are being engaged in its development and awareness created in an intensely competitive environment.
Check out the Mutant Football League Kickstarter campaign and follow the latest news at the game’s website and with Twitter and Facebook.
Joining us this week:
- Bryan Wiedey (@pastapadre), Pastapadre
- Richard Grisham (@RichGrisham), Out of the Park Developments/Hit The Pass
- Michael Mendheim (@mmendheim), Mutant Football League
Monday, February 20, 2017
08:17 PM - February 20, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
The OS Daily is online and ready for viewing. Make sure to take a few minutes out of your day and get caught up on the latest sports gaming news with our host Millennium.
Today we cover the MLB The Show 17 "Little Things" video, Disc Jam, Madden NFL 17 franchise bug, WWE 2K17 Hall of Fame DLC and more. Check it out here and if it's something you like, please like and subscribe to our YouTube channel, and we will try our best to keep it as consistent as we can.
03:19 PM - February 20, 2017. Posted by tnixen. Written by Steve Noah
IGN continues to roll out MLB The Show 17 video footage. This video features Retro Mode. Check it out and post your thoughts.
02:25 PM - February 20, 2017. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Patrick Friday
Gentlemen, start your E-engines? All the questions and banter about who has got the better stick skills? Who runs what position better? Well, now it’s time to put your time, effort and job title where your mouth is. NBA 2K has taken another step towards the forefront of sports gaming with the release of its eSports model.
Set to debut in 2018, each NBA franchise will have the opportunity to draft individual gamers based on skill and ability, forming five-man teams to compete in an NBA/NBA 2K union that could change the way we play forever. Some think that 2K hasn't lived up to the hype the last few years in terms of supporting its eSport, and working on this new partnership behind the scenes could be a reason why. Based on things I've read, the Bucks, Grizzlies and Warriors have all made significant investments and are likely to lead the pack in this new league.
From the conversations had, it sounds like season one will last about five months. The goal seems to be to expand and create real life work opportunities, which is encouraging for someone who may be straddling the fence about whether the opportunity is legit. NBA Commissioner Adam Silver spoke about the potential for the pilot: “The popularity of NBA 2K with the young and growing eSports community provides a unique opportunity to develop something truly special for our fans and the gaming community. We look forward to combining our best-in- class NBA team operators with Take-Two’s competitive gaming expertise to create a brand new league experience.”
Read More - Going Pro: The Intriguing Unknown of the Take Two NBA E-League
01:27 PM - February 20, 2017. Posted by oneamongthefence. Written by Steve Noah
The final WWE 2K17 Hall of Fame Showcase is scheduled to arrive tomorrow for $9.99, free for Season Pass subscribers, check out the trailer here.
Note: The WWE 2K17 Hall of Fame Showcase is coming soon for PC.
UPDATE: (2-21) The update is available now.
Check out the playable matches below.
- Cactus Jack and Diamond Dallas Page vs. The Fabulous Freebirds (Jimmy Garvin and Michael “PS” Hayes) (WCW Saturday Night 1992)
- The Fabulous Freebirds (Buddy Roberts and Michael “PS” Hayes) vs. Kerry and Kevin Von Erich (WCCW 1986)
- Ivory vs. Jacqueline (SmackDown 2000)
- Sting (gold and black tights) vs. Ric Flair (Clash of Champions 1988)
- Sting (n.W.o. Wolfpac ring gear) vs. Bret Hart (WCW Halloween Havoc 1998)
- Papa Shango vs. The Godfather (Dream Match)
- Big Boss Man (with Albert) vs. The Big Show (Armageddon 1999)
11:01 AM - February 20, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
GameStop has just posted another MLB The Show 17 MLB Monday. This is part 1 of The Little Things.
Below are some of the details, but make sure to check out the full video here.
- The Metrodome, Shea Stadium and Yankee Stadium make their PlayStation 4 debuts.
- Critical Situations looks like it could be similar to Madden NFL 17 Play the Moment...? (We will find out more details later)
- Challenge of the Week has a new scoring system and more prizes this year.
- Keuchel's Korner, Sunny Siders, The 7 Line and the local military at Petco are in.
- Over 500 Diamond Dynasty cards will be released throughout the season, most are new.
- Double sounds of the show music slots from 512 to 1024.
- Sounds of the Show adds additional home run and run score music slots.
- Sounds of the Show pitching music works for starting pitcher intros and relief pitcher entrances.
Sunday, February 19, 2017
01:03 PM - February 19, 2017. Posted by smiley3. Written by Steve Noah
IGN has posted another MLB The Show 17 video, this one focuses on Diamond Dynasty. Check it out and post your thoughts.
11:11 AM - February 19, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve NoahEvery Sunday, we will get you caught up on the sports gaming news you might have missed during the week.
- Six Ways to Make Madden More of a Simulation
- Skate 3 Has Arrived in The Vault For EA Access Subscribers
- More MLB The Show 17 Details Revealed - Gameplay, Graphics, Diamond Dynasty & More
- MLB The Show 17 Video - Head to Head Seasons and Events in Diamond Dynasty
- MLB The Show 17 Video - Breaking Down the Interview & MLB Monday Released Today
- 2017 Team Update & More Releases on February 21 For NASCAR Heat Evolution ($9.99)
- Player Faces Have Greatly Improved in MLB The Show 17 (Polygon)
- MLB The Show 17 Diamond Dynasty Video & More Details on the Modes
- Madden NFL 17 Patch 1.10 Available Now, Patch Notes Included
- Rocket League Patch to Allow PS4 Pro Users to Run The Game at 4K/60FPS, Releases 2/21
- Looking Back at FIFA '98's Indoor Soccer Mode
- The Forza Franchise Has Exceeded $1 Billion in Retail Sales
- MLB The Show 17 Screenshots - Masahiro Tanaka & Felix Hernandez
- The OS Daily - Madden Patch 1.10, Diamond Dynasty 101 & More
- MLB The Show 17 Video - Walking Through The New Features, Including Create a Player
- MLB The Show 17 Twitch Stream Up - Diamond Dynasty, Events, Seasons, Programs & More
- MLB The Show 17 Diamond Dynasty Livestream Breakdown
- The OS Daily - Madden Patch Impressions, MLB The Show 17 Livestream & More
- Project CARS and Some DLC Free Today Through March 15 For Xbox Live Gold Subscribers
- MLB The Show 17 Pre-Orders Available on Amazon - Standard $47.99, MVP $55.99 w/ Prime
- NBA/2K eSports League: Are You Interested?
- Madden NFL 17 Arrives in The Vault For EA Access Subscribers on February 24
- The OS Daily - MLB The Show 17 Rewards, New NBA Live Mobile Content & More
- Motorsport Manager GT Series DLC & Game Update Coming on February 22, Details Here
- MLB Network Presentation Confirmed For MLB The Show 17
- Dirt Rally PS VR DLC Available Today, Optimized For PS4 Pro ($12.99)
- MLB The Show 17 Q&A on Facebook Reveals More Details on the Game
- The OS Daily - NBA 2K17 All Star Tournament, MLB Network in The Show & More
- 30 For Nerdy Looks Back on Mutant League
- Disc Jam Beta Available Now on PlayStation 4
- MLB The Show 17 Video - Create a Player, Screenshots of Dee Gordon & Paul Goldschmidt