Operation Sports Content
Friday, May 26, 2017
08:15 AM - May 26, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Metalhead Software has just released a new Super Mega Baseball 2 trailer, featuring a closer look at the stadiums, characters, and character animations in the game.
While no official release date has been given, Super Mega Baseball 2 is scheduled to release sometime in the month of September.
Thursday, May 25, 2017
05:21 PM - May 25, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve NoahNBA Playgrounds patch 1.03 is available now for PlayStation 4 and should be available soon for Xbox One and Nintendo Switch (already released for PC). Check out the patch notes below, play a few games and post your thoughts!
03:05 PM - May 25, 2017. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Robert Kollars
A genre once close to drawing its last breath has enjoyed a grand resurgence over the last few years. Amazing racing titles such as F1 2016, Forza Horizon 3 and Dirt Rally have helped push console racing forward, and some would argue the genre is as strong right now as it was during the days of the PS2. To compound the rebirth, titles such as NASCAR Heat, Need for Speed, F1, Dirt, Project Cars, among others, all have sequels that will be appearing on a console in 2017. The depth and quality of some of these titles will still need to be fully absorbed before we can quantify them as excellent (or even great), but the good news is 2017 should be an exciting year for racing fans.
So let’s take a look at some of the more popular and anticipated titles coming out in 2017 and what they could bring to the table.
Read More - Rubber Meets the Road: 2017's Racing Titles
Wednesday, May 24, 2017
08:30 PM - May 24, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
HB Studios showed off The Golf Club 2 earlier today on Twitch, going over the new character editor and some of the gameplay improvements made for the game. The Golf Club 2 is scheduled to arrive on June 27 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
Check out the archived video above and below and post your thoughts!
11:15 AM - May 24, 2017. Posted by DIRK41NOWITZKI. Written by Steve Noah
Check out the new NBA Live 18 screenshots and post your thoughts!
11:03 AM - May 24, 2017. Posted by Rockie_Fresh88. Written by Steve NoahSome of the more popular YouTubers were invited to attend a private NBA Live 18 party and posted some quick videos. For the most part, they are video blogs on their experience at the event, along with a few glimpses of action.
We will probably see a few more trickle in throughout the week, so keep your eyes open, as we wait for more announcements leading up to EA Play in June.
DenkOps - Chris Denker
Tuesday, May 23, 2017
09:37 AM - May 23, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Check out the latest DiRT 4 gameplay trailer, featuring rallycross content across various classes and circuits, including Supercars racing at Lohéac Bretagne, Montalegre, Lydden Hill, Hell and Holjes. In addition to the Supercar class, DiRT 4 also has rallycross racing in RX2, Super 1600s, Group B classics and crosskarts making it a fully fledged rallycross experience.
DiRT 4 is scheduled to release on June 6 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.
Monday, May 22, 2017
03:04 PM - May 22, 2017. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Fraser Gilbert
Last month, I documented my first-time experiences with MLB The Show as a self-confessed “noob” of the series. Since then, I’ve spent most of my time in Road to the Show, embarking on a virtual career in a sport I’m not overly familiar with.
This is a recap of my first ever season in Road to the Show in MLB The Show 17. Prior to getting started, I opted for the zone hitting system, armed with the brilliantly accessible dynamic difficulty setting to aid my gradual progression both at the plate and in the field.
It was a season of highs, lows and endless discovery. Give it a read, let me know your thoughts and feel free to offer tips in the comments box below!
Read More - Road to the Show: A Noobs Journey in MLB The Show 17
05:53 AM - May 22, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS.MLB The Show 17 patch 1.07 is available now, weighing in at just over 47 MB. Check out the patch notes below and post your thoughts. Thanks FL1GHTMARE!
Sunday, May 21, 2017
03:09 PM - May 21, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve NoahEvery Sunday, we will get you caught up on the sports gaming news you might have missed during the week.
- What Went Right in NBA 2K17, What Needs Improving in NBA 2K18
- Press Row Podcast: NBA Playgrounds Review Roundtable
- NASCAR Heat 2 Announced, Arrives on September 12 - Cover Voting Has Begun
- Diamond Dynasty Update: Ranked Seasons Awards Rolling Out, New Event Announced
- How to Build A Diamond Dynasty Squad on the Cheap in MLB The Show 17
- Some PES 2018 Features, Screenshots & Teaser Trailer Revealed, Releases September 12
- F1 2017 Announced with New Trailer and Details - Releases on August 25
- NBA Playgrounds: A New Take on Street-Style Basketball
- Madden NFL 17 Championship Recap
- More PES 2018 Features and Details Revealed
- Tennis World Tour Arrives in 2018, Ultra-Realistic Sim From Former Top Spin 4 Team
- WRC 7 Announced, Arrives in August For Xbox One, PS4 & PC - New Trailer
- DiRT 4 Trailer - Be Fearless
- AFL Evolution: What Is It and How to Play It
- How McLaren’s Chief Test-Driver Chris Goodwin Changed the Feel For Project CARS 2
- Official MLB The Show 17 Roster Update Available Now, Details Included (5-19)
- Diamond Dynasty Update: You Can Now Complete the Ken Griffey Jr. Program
09:01 AM - May 21, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
NBA Playgrounds patch 1.10 is available now for PC users, check out the patch notes below. The patch is currently being certified on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Switch, so we should see it fairly soon.
- Added: The Challenge Mode feature, which allows you to challenge other players to online matches
- You can now switch between unranked challenges and ranked games in the online mode
- To challenge another player, you must switch to the challenge mode in the online menu and define a challenge code. By default, your challenge code is your nickname, but you can change it to your own, personal code. The person you are challenging must enter your code.
- If you have been challenged, please enter your challenger’s code and press “Accept”.
- All challenges are unranked and your ranking/ELO will be unaffected by the results of the challenge.
- Added: Toxicity system/Disconnection Manager, which penalizes players who abandon matches in any other way than surrendering
- Added: 5 new versions of Shaquille O´Neal in various teams from his career (Boston Celtics, Miami Heat, Phoenix Suns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Orlando Magic)
- Added: 15 new players join the roster
- The following players were added: Dennis Rodman, Isaiah Thomas, Larry Bird, Giannis Antetokoumnpo, Kenny Smith, Gary Payton, Klay Thompson, Devin Booker, Tony Parker, Kemba Walker, Seth Curry, Tiny Archibald, John Starks, Tracy McGrady, Pete Maravich
- Added: A shot-meter was added to help finding the perfect timing for shots, dunks etc.
- Added: Steam Cloud Save support
- Added: Steam Big Picture keyboard management
- Adjusted: Shots were adjusted to make the system more accessible and unified throughout all variations
- Adjusted: The steal action was adjusted further to better fit the intended gameplay
- It is now possible to perform a steal action when behind an opponent
- Changed: 3 pointers no longer fill lottery pick bar
- Increased: The difficulty of 3 pointers was increased
- Reduced: The number of steals required for the Las Vegas Challenge #2 was reduced to 10 (was 15)
- Reduced: The number of 3-pointers needed for the Paris Challenge #4 was reduced to 6 (was 7)
- Reduced: The number of 3-pointers needed for the London Challenge #1 was reduced to 6 (was 10)
- Reduced: The number of 3-pointers needed for the Las Vegas Challenge #3 was reduced to 8 (was 12)
- Reduced: The inbound time was reduced to adjust it to the overall style of the game
- Fixed: Issues related to the strength of the force feedback effects were addressed
08:22 AM - May 21, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
The first off-screen NBA Live 18 screenshot has been revealed, via Chris Denker. By the looks of it, NBA Live 18 was shown to a select few (some of them had their face scanned into the game), so we might hear some details come from it soon.
Saturday, May 20, 2017
11:57 AM - May 20, 2017. Posted by ChaseB. Written by Chase Becotte
The Veteran Legend Ken Griffey Jr. card has been released in the Ticket Counter, which means people who pre-ordered MLB The Show 17 and already have Rookie Legend Ken Griffey Jr. can now (in theory) complete the Diamond Program to unlock the MVP Legend Ken Griffey Jr. (99 overall). The Diamond Program tied to this MVP Griffey card still takes many other steps, and you will need to be Gold level 1 and have 5,000 Tickets to purchase the Veteran Griffey, but at least some folks out there who had been grinding and waiting for this card to be released should now be able to snag one of the best cards in the game. If you don't currently have the Rookie Griffey, the developers at Sony San Diego have said the card will be released at some point, we just don't have a date as of yet.
There was also a roster update and a new Bases Loaded pack released (5,000 Stubs, limited to three per person). The Bases Loaded pack actually has solid value this time around as you're guaranteed at least two standard packs, plus one of the old promo packs or a 10, 20 or 50 pack bundle of standard packs. So in theory you could get 52 packs for 5,000 Stubs.
In terms of the roster update, it was a relatively tame one this week, but we still have some players moving between tiers:
Diamond: Craig Kimbrel (92)
Gold: Greg Holland (87), Lance McCullers (85)
Silver: Felipe Rivero (82), Eduardo Rodriguez (80)
Bronze: Erasmo J. Ramirez (74), Justin Smoak (73), Zach Efflin (72), Matt Albers (72), James Hoyt (71), Chris Taylor (70), Tommy Pham (70), Joe Kelly (70)
Carlos Correa and Zach Greinke also became stronger Golds this week.
Silver: Masahiro Tanaka (82)
Common: Ross Stripling (69), Jarred Cosart (66)
In addition, Rich Hill became a weaker Gold, and Edwin Diaz became a weaker Silver.
Friday, May 19, 2017
05:13 PM - May 19, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
The official MLB The Show 17 roster update is available now. Daddy Leagues have posted the attribute changes, we've listed some of the overall changes below.
- Craig Kimbrel+4 (92)
- Zack Greinke +1 (89)
- Carlos Correa +2 (87)
- Greg Holland +3 (87)
- Rich Hill -1 (86)
- Lance McCullers +1 (85)
- Kevin Pillar +4 (84)
- Trevor Rosenthal +3 (84)
- Adam Duvall +3 (83)
- Matt Bush+8 (83)
- Alex Wood +3 (83)
- Brian McCann +3 (83)
- Masahiro Tanaka -4 (82)
- Felipe Rivero +3 (82)
- Evan Gattis +1 (81)
- Edwin Diaz -3 (80)
- Eduardo Rodriguez +3 (80)
- Fry, Paul - BAL
- Infante, Gregory - CHW
- Machi, Jean - FA
- Lombardozzi, Steve - MIA
- Gallegos, Giovanny - NYY
- Wahl, Bobby - OAK
- Pagan, Emilio - SEA
- Powell, Boog - SEA
- Moreno, Diego - TAM
- Stanek, Ryne - TAM
- BibensDirkx, Austin - TEX
- LF Trey Mancini moved from Orioles Bench to Orioles Position.
- C Welington Castillo moved from Orioles Minors to Orioles Position.
- CP Dellin Betances moved from Yankees Relief to Yankees Closer.
- CP Aroldis Chapman moved from Yankees Closer to Yankees Minors.
- SP Blake Snell moved from Rays Starting to Rays Minors.
- SP Francisco Liriano moved from Blue Jays Starting to Blue Jays Minors.
- SP Mike Bolsinger moved from Blue Jays Minors to Blue Jays Starting.
- SS Troy Tulowitzki moved from Blue Jays Minors to Blue Jays Position.
- 1B Steve Pearce moved from Blue Jays Bench to Blue Jays Minors.
- RF J.D. Martinez moved from Tigers Minors to Tigers Position.
- CF Andrew Romine moved from Tigers Bench to Tigers Position.
- SP Jharel Cotton moved from A's Starting to A's Minors.
- SP Sean Manaea moved from A's Minors to A's Starting.
- RP Steve Cishek moved from Mariners Minors to Mariners Relief.
- RP Edwin Diaz moved from Mariners Closer to Mariners Relief.
- CP Tony Zych moved from Mariners Relief to Mariners Closer.
- CF Carlos Gomez moved from Rangers Position to Rangers Minors.
- SS Adeiny Hechavarria moved from Marlins Position to Marlins Minors.
- RP Matt Albers moved from Nationals Closer to Nationals Relief.
- CP Shawn Kelley moved from Nationals Minors to Nationals Closer.
- CP Jeurys Familia moved from Mets Closer to Mets Minors.
- CP Addison Reed moved from Mets Relief to Mets Closer.
- SP Eddie Butler moved from Cubs Minors to Cubs Starting.
- RP Mike Montgomery moved from Cubs Starting to Cubs Relief.
- SP Amir Garrett moved from Reds Minors to Reds Starting.
- 3B David Freese moved from Pirates Minors to Pirates Position.
- RF Stephen Piscotty moved from Cardinals Minors to Cardinals Position.
- SS Jhonny Peralta moved from Cardinals Minors to Cardinals Bench.
- SP Zack Godley moved from D'backs Minors to D'backs Starting.
- CF Andrew Toles moved from Dodgers Position to Dodgers Minors.
- SP Kenta Maeda moved from Dodgers Starting to Dodgers Minors.
- SP Hyun-Jin Ryu moved from Dodgers Minors to Dodgers Starting.
- SP Rich Hill moved from Dodgers Minors to Dodgers Starting.
- CF Denard Span moved from Giants Minors to Giants Position.
- SS Brandon Crawford moved from Giants Minors to Giants Position.
04:43 PM - May 19, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Discover why the McLaren 720S supercar in Project Cars 2 will be the closest you can get to driving the real thing. This episode details the painstaking process behind the in-game development of the new McLaren 720S by McLaren’s chief test driver, Chris Goodwin, to ensure the virtual driving experience matches up to the exacting standards of McLaren’s performance vehicles.
The Built By Drivers series dives deep into the process of the game’s development featuring the professional drivers and the amazing talent that together make Project CARS 2 the most realistic and technically advanced racing simulator in the world.
Project CARS 2 will be available late 2017 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC via Steam.
Read More - How One Final Session with McLaren’s Chief Test-Driver Chris Goodwin Changed The Feel of Projects CARS 2