Are they a concern to you? Simulation realism?
Taking a look at the game modes in The Show.
Looking at the top three in each category...
A look at an indie soccer title...
Operation Sports Content
Sunday, May 1, 2016
05:27 PM - May 1, 2016. Posted by Bullit. Written by Steve Noah
MLB The Show 16 patch 1.04 is available now, weighing in at 237 MB, check out the details below and let us know what you are seeing!
UPDATE: The developers are aware of the issues users are reporting. Users are currently reporting the dreaded "Challenge Failed" error, pitch speeds not displaying correctly, and other various online problems.
UPDATE #2: We rolled out some server changes to address the challenge failed messages. Is anyone still getting them?
We will update this post when we get more details.
- Dynamic Difficulty is now working as intended while batting.
- The ball trail option will now correctly correspond in-game if set to off, or fade.
- Several adjustments were made to the auto base running mechanics during offline game-play.
- Fixed an issue within RTTS while pitching with certain Perks equipped would result in a crash.
- Corrected the order in which the "Preloading a Throw” and “Double Play” tutorial appear.
- Following a Year to Year file upload in Road To The Show, the player card stats would display incorrect team and player info. This should now be corrected.
- Tweaks and adjustments were made to AI behavior and animations that should streamline game-play performance. Areas of adjustment include: Fielders tagging moving base runners, Routes to catch balls, running catch animations, Fielders correctly covering bases on complex double play situations, etc…
- Within Franchise mode, some generated or additional players were listed as born in “Alaska” instead of their correct place of origin. This should now be corrected and no longer happen.
- Adjustments made to both online and offline pitcher/reliever energy levels.
- New scanned heads added to update user’s experience following a year to year file upload.
- Fixed numerous hangs, crashes, soft locks, etc., reported by the community through the bug reporting tool.
- Sponsors should now give rewards.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a loss for users who requested a friendly quit at certain times.
- Resolved a number of freezing, soft locks, instability and crashes during online play.
- Fixed an issue where a pitch could occasionally change path on its’ way to the plate, shifting from inside the zone to outside the zone within a frame.
- Addressed an issue under certain circumstances a pitcher would automatically pitch when the batter came out of Batter's Eye Cam.
- Changes were made to the Batters Eye Cam: How long it can be used, how many times it can be accessed per at bat, etc… This should limit exploits, but keep the feature usable for its’ intended purpose.
- We’ve shortened the total amount of pause time from 6 minutes to 5 minutes during an online game.
- The pitchers pitch type interface will now be hidden if the batter is using Guess Pitch or Pitch History (L2 Button). This should help the user who is pitching understand when they can and cannot start the pitching motion.
- Fixed a bug where the user was not being awarded the “Free Swings” trophy in an Online Home Run Derby if specific operations were being performed.
- Resolved issues where in game intro/walk-up music would not play properly.
- Tuned commentary triggers to be more accurate in one-sided games.
- Reduced the amount of repetitive audio clips for specific players.
- Fixed an issue where player yells were being disabled through the controller within Road To The Show. An occasional sound burst could also occur during game-play.
- Various other general bug fixes.
11:20 AM - May 1, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve NoahEvery Sunday, we will get you caught up on the sports gaming news you might have missed during the week.
- Do You Care About Dangerous Hits in Madden?
- MLB The Show 16 Roster Update Details and New Challenge of the Week (4-25)
- Sam Bradford Wants Out Of Philadelphia, What Are His Options?
- Rocket League Basketball Mode "Hoops" & NBA Flag Pack Available Now
- Madden NFL 16 MUT Salary Cap Ranked Beta Available Now
- How Do You Feel About Card Modes? (Poll)
- NHL 17 Adds World Cup of Hockey, Team Relocation, Many Customization Options & More
- NHL 17 Cover Vote Begins Today, Post Your Prediction
- Need For Speed Game Update Available Now, Adds SpeedLists, Prestige Mode, Activities
- Discuss: General MLB Franchise Roster Management Tips
- The Madden NFL 16 Championship is Here, With $50,000 Top Prize
- It Is Time For the NFL Draft! (Discussion)
- Madden NFL 16's Mock Draft
- MLB The Show 16 Server Update #7 Change Notes
- OOTP 17 Update #4 Available Now, Here Are The Details
- How do you feel about your team's first round?
- Screenshots of the First Round Draft Picks in Madden NFL 16...
- Forza Motorsport 6: Apex Open Beta Arrives on May 5, System Requirements Revealed
- Play Madden NFL 16 Now Through May 2 For Free on Xbox One & PS4
Friday, April 29, 2016
10:36 AM - April 29, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
For the few of you out there that haven't tried Madden NFL 16 yet, you can play it for free now through May 2 on Xbox One and PlayStation 4. You can also download and purchase the game at a discounted rate, during this time (PlayStation 4 ($19.79), Xbox One (Gold Member - $19.80).
Source - EA Sports
10:14 AM - April 29, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
The Forza Motorsport 6: Apex Open Beta is scheduled to arrive on May 5 for Windows 10 users. Check out the system requirements below.
Forza Motorsport 6: Apex includes 63 cars (500+ on the Xbox One), 20 track configurations across six locations, including night and wet-weather variants. The game will not feature online multiplayer or the livery design editor. Wheel support is currently being worked on and will arrive in future updates.
Source - Forza
09:17 AM - April 29, 2016. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Chris Sanner
EA Sports posted screenshots of several of the first round draft picks in Madden NFL 16 in their new uniforms on their Twitter last night.
We grabbed the shots we could find and have them available on the Madden NFL 16 media page.
09:12 AM - April 29, 2016. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Chris Sanner
The first round of the draft is in the books. While some teams traded out of the first round, others had multiple tries at it.
As expected Jared Goff and Carson Wentz went one and two. From there, Joey Bosa, Ezekiel Elliott, and Jalen Ramsey rounded out the top five of the first round.
From your standpoint, how did your team do? What was the biggest pick which will change how you play Madden this upcoming season?
Sound off by voting in our poll and leaving a comment below!
Thursday, April 28, 2016
12:53 PM - April 28, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
The fourth OOTP 17 patch (version number 17.7.51) is available for users that purchased the game directly from the OOTP website or from official resellers. For those of you that purchased on Steam or the AppStore, it should be available in the next few days. Check out the details of the patch below.
- Improved 2016 MLB roster sets (need to start new game for changes to apply)
- 3D in-game movement improvements
- Fixed rare crashes when playing out games in 3D on Macs
- Updated the historical databases (error corrections)
- Fixed problem with All-Stars being placed in wrong positions
- Adjusted AI active roster construction
- Adjusted AI player evaluation
- Fixed bug when runner got hit by ball
- Fixed bug with draft budgets not being counted properly
- Fixed bug where AI was not always respecting players refusing demotion
- Added option to not allow relievers winning Cy Young Award
- Fixed rare error where some games would not load
- Fixed errors where independent league teams would sign International Amateur FA
- Fixed several small bugs and cosmetic issues
Source - OOTP
12:44 PM - April 28, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Ramone has provided the change notes for the most recent server update on MLB The Show 16.
- Resolved Friendly Quit issue where sometimes a Loss was given. At times, users agreeing on a Friendly Quit in an Online Rated game were still given a loss. This should no longer happen.
- Fix for Battle Royale issue allowing users to avoid getting a Loss. Users were able to avoid a Loss if using various tactics, then return to the game.
11:21 AM - April 28, 2016. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Brandon Kosal
With the NFL Draft upon us, you’ve no doubt spent hours reading through the countless Mock Drafts available online. I don’t blame you. After all, who doesn’t love a good mock draft? Football fans love to play GM, and a great place to scratch the GM itch is the Madden franchise. With that in mind, here’s a look at what the first 10 picks in the 2016 NFL Draft might look like if the draft took place in the Madden universe.
Read More - Madden NFL 16's Mock Draft
11:13 AM - April 28, 2016. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Chris Sanner
The first round of the NFL Draft is tonight, and there's a lot to keep an eye on if you are an NFL fan. For fans of Madden, tonight is the beginning of seeing which teams are going to go from an afterthought to a must play.
I mean, there was that weird period during Johnny Football's rookie season -- may his career forever rest in pieces -- the Browns were a hot thing online.
Tonight, 32 picks will be made which will shape the future of entire franchises. Two in particular, Los Angeles and Philadelphia, are making huge bets on a starting QB of the future. In Philly's case, they may lose their current starter over the whole thing.
So what do you want your team to do tonight? Is there a pick you'd really like to see made? What pick do you think could change how we see teams in Madden? Sound off in the comments!
Wednesday, April 27, 2016
03:07 PM - April 27, 2016. Posted by MMChrisS.
Today EA SPORTS™ announced that fans will have an opportunity to compete in the Madden NFL 16 Championship, which culminates in a finals tournament this summer live at EA PLAY. Players will test their skills in the new Salary Cap Ranked* mode, currently in beta and available on PlayStation®4 and Xbox One, within Madden NFL 16 Ultimate Team™ and in Draft Champions Ranked* for their chance to win a share of the $50,000 prize. More details and rules to follow.
“Madden NFL players can be some of the fiercest competitors out there, and we’re excited to celebrate their passion and skill with the Madden NFL 16 Championship,” said Todd Sitrin, SVP and General Manager of EA’s Competitive Gaming Division. “We look forward to incredible competition in the community as the Madden NFL 16 Championship builds to the finals taking place on stage at EA PLAY in June.”
Salary Cap Ranked requires players to build the best Ultimate Team possible while staying under a set cap total, demanding strategic thinking and careful planning. While any player in a fan’s Ultimate Team binder is eligible to be used in Salary Cap mode, each player carries a cap value and it will be impossible to load up the field with unstoppable talent at every position. Will fans opt to put their best player on the field at the expense of other roles? Or will they intentionally bench their stars in the name of creating a balanced team?
Those competing in Salary Cap Ranked and the Season 2 Draft Champions Ranked ladders will have a chance to climb the leaderboards and compete in live events in the hopes of taking home the grand prize at EA PLAY. In the coming weeks players on Xbox One and PlayStation®4 can compete in Salary Cap Ranked to reach the top of the ranks, with the top 64 on each console being invited to the first round of the competition. Madden Challenge Finalists, DCR Season 2 finalists and Salary Cap Ranked finalists will all come together to crown the Madden NFL 16 Champion.
What do you think? Will you be competing?
03:03 PM - April 27, 2016. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Chris Sanner
Perhaps unlike any other sport, roster management is a huge deal in baseball. From managing how and when to add players to the disabled list, to managing minor leagues, to simply putting together a coherent 25-man roster for the bulk of the season -- roster management is front and center when it comes to baseball.
Managing an MLB Franchise's roster means you have to constantly be monitoring multiple levels of baseball and dozens of players to make sure your roster is evolving as it should. This usually involves a delicate dance of moving players up and down the minors as well as carefully managing your 40 man roster.
If you aren't careful, you can easily find that your roster has horrible imbalances with too many of any one position on your 40 man roster. This creates an uncomfortable position of having to move players sometimes completely out of your franchise just to have a functional roster -- especially if injuries become prevalent in your franchise at a certain position.
With that in mind, what are some of the things you do to keep your roster coherent, balanced, and ready for anything? What are some roster building tips you'd like to share on how to keep things in check?
08:50 AM - April 27, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Another Need For Speed game update has arrived today, adding SpeedLists, Prestige Mode, activities and much more. Some of the details are listed below. For more information, head on over to the official site.
Test your skills versus other players in custom made tournaments to become the Speedlist World Champion.
- There are different types of tournaments so choose the one that suits you: Speed, Style or Mixed.
- Use the time between Speedlists to tune your car and get the winning edge.
- The higher you finish in each event, the more SpeedPoints you'll rack up.
- Join a Speedlist at any moment and you will race the next event available in the tournament.
- Are you ready to try some of the best events from the story but in HARD MODE?
- Prestige offers a collection of tougher Speed, Style, Build, Crew and Outlaw events.
- Once you’ve completed Story mode you can expect a call from some old friends to let you know about this new challenge.
- Turn on Prestige from your phone to toggle between regular and Prestige events.
- This time winning isn’t everything. You’ll have to beat a series of increasingly tough target scores to earn Gold in each event.
- Drift or Speed? Choose your style and compete with your friends for the best scores in these short skill challenges.
- Drift long, hard and fast through the Drift Corners to smash the target score.
- If Speed is your game, then some short and challenging Speed Runs are out there for you.
- Remember not to collide and keep up the pace so you can leave your mark on the Speedwall.
- Collect them all and keep playing to stay top among your friends and earn those bragging rights.
- Challenges now offer a unique wrap editor decal for each Challenge beaten.
- There are over 150 Daily Challenge decals to collect, previously only available if you beat all three daily challenges.
- Keep playing to earn more decals and personalize your ride.
- Forced Induction and a new visual Engine are all now available on the Ford 1932 Hotrod
- New Community Campaigns for REP bonuses, $ bonuses and discounts - keep watching our Social Challenges for details on upcoming events
- 3 Brand new Achievements & Trophies. These ones are tough!
- Improved network warning messages for players with a poor connection
- New red zone on the rev counter to clearly see your rev limit
- Updated Drag Race Outro comparison screen
- Various Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Multiple stability fixes
Tuesday, April 26, 2016
12:27 PM - April 26, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
EA has partnered with the NHL and the National Hockey League Players’ Association to announce the NHL 17 cover vote. Eight superstars from the NHL, one from each of the eight teams competing in the World Cup of Hockey 2016, have been selected. Voting begins today on NHL.com and Twitter and fans can vote as many times as they like.
To participate in the EA SPORTS NHL® 17 Cover Vote, visit NHL.com or Twitter, and Tweet your vote using your player’s hashtag above. Fans will also be able to double their vote for their favorite picks when using the player-specific hashtags every Thursday for “Twitter Vote Thursdays.” The winner of the Cover Vote* will be revealed as the EA SPORTS NHL® 17 Cover Athlete at the 2016 NHL AwardsTM in Las Vegas.
For more information, including full player descriptions and dates, visit the NHL 17 Cover Vote Feature Page.
11:01 AM - April 26, 2016. Posted by KidShowtime. Written by Steve Noah
EA Sports has released their all-new NHL 17 Vision trailer, an inside look at the development of NHL 17.
The video includes a look at the customization options, celebrations, net battles and goalie animations, as well as the addition of the World Cup of Hockey.