A few tips on how to play the game better than you probably are right now...
The Golf Club's Season Mode is a worthy addition to the franchise...
A look at this year's newest edition of the F1 series.
The indie football game doesn't quite live up to its promise...at least initially.
EA Sports has released another NBA Live 16 screenshot. This one features Nerlens Noel in the new Philadelphia 76ers uniform.
EA Sports has released more Madden NFL 16 ratings. Below are the top safeties in Madden NFL 16, more ratings on these players can be seen here.
- E. Weddle (96 OVR)
- E. Thomas (95 OVR)
- Kam Chancellor (94 OVR)
- D. McCourty (94 OVR)
- H. Smith (93 OVR)
- Madden NFL 16 Player Ratings - Top Cornerbacks
- Madden NFL 16 Player Ratings - Top Defensive Tackles
- Madden NFL 16 Player Ratings - Top Defensive Ends
- Madden NFL 16 Player Ratings - Top Outside Linebackers
- Madden NFL 16 Player Ratings - Top Middle Linebackers
- Madden NFL 16 Player Ratings - Top Offensive Linemen
- Madden NFL 16 Player Ratings - Top 5 Tight Ends
- Madden NFL 16 Player Ratings - Top 5 Wide Receivers
- Madden NFL 16 Player Ratings - Top 6 Quarterbacks
- Madden NFL 16 Player Ratings - Top 5 Running Backs
- Madden NFL 16 Rookie Ratings Revealed - Top 10
The BMW M3 E46 is coming to Need For Speed. Not only that, but gamers will be able to customize it and complete the look from the original Need for Speed Most Wanted.
If you purchase the Deluxe Edition, you can get early access to the car. If you pre-order, you will also receive both the Performance Pack and the Styling Pack.
The Styling Pack features an exclusive Styling Sticker, Spoiler, RIMS, and Splitter, while the Performance Pack contains a Performance Sticker, and early access to a High Performance Turbocharger, Engine Block, and Exhaust.
Access to additional in game items including, exclusive wraps, unique identifying sticker and a 10% discount on all items using in-game currency are also available with the Deluxe Edition.
Need For Speed releases on November 3 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. The Standard Edition costs $59.99, while the Deluxe Edition is $69.99.
For those of you that have missed out on the recent news about the game, we've highlighted some of them below.
- Need For Speed Gameplay Video - New Chase Camera
- Need for Speed E3 Hands-On (Quick Look)
- Need For Speed E3 Trailer and Screenshots, Release Date November 3
- Need for Speed Will Require an Online Connection
- Need for Speed Completely Reboots the Series, Features Customizable Cars
Sony Computer Entertainment America has announced the MLB 14 The Show online servers will close on November 2, 2015. Previously, the team announced they would keep them online until June 18, but decided to keep them up for a longer period of time, after complaints.
The Rocket League 1.03 patch is available now for both PlayStation 4 and PC. It includes the ability to use "Quick Chat" commands between PC and PS4 users, AI bot skill level improvements, 15 minute ban for the first player to abandon a ranked match and more. The patch weighs in at 1.8GB, check out the full list of new features and fixes below.
NOTE: The Rocket League Supersonic Fury DLC Pack is coming in August for $3.99, check out the trailer here. It will include 2 new Battle-Cars (over-the-top American muscle car Dominus and a souped-up Japanese street racer Takumi), six unique decals for each new Battle-Car (12 total), 5 new paint types, 2 new rocket boosts, 2 new wheels and plenty more customization options.
A new game update is also scheduled to arrive in early August, which brings in Utopia Coliseum, more than 70 new country flags and "Spectator Mode". Read more about the upcoming DLC and update here.
- “Quick Chat” commands can now be used cross-platform between PC and PS4
- Topper: “Cherry Top” now includes a working, rotating light
- Topper: “Propellerhead” now includes a working, rotating blade
- AI Bot skill levels now adjust to the average skill level of all players currently in the game
- The first player to abandon a “Ranked” match is now banned from matchmaking for 15 minutes
- (Steam) Added “Mouse Sensitivity” setting to the “Options” menu
- (Steam) Added support for more resolutions
- “Freeplay” now grants truly unlimited “Rocket Boost”
- Stats: Player’s “Win/ Loss Ratio” is now displayed as a “Win %”
- (PS4) Sweet Tooth now properly unlocks when completing a game with all 10 of the other Battle-Cars
- (PS4) Multiple visual optimizations
- Reduced, but did not eliminate, instances of the “Invisible Car” bug
- Fixed multiple crash scenarios
- Country Flags: Congo is now appropriately-named
- Country Flags: Mexico is no longer reversed
- Country Flags: Northern Ireland is now correct
- Country Flags: United States now shows all 50 stars
- (Steam) “Virtuoso” Achievement is now obtainable and includes appropriate description
- (PS4) “Far, Far Away” Trophy can now be unlocked via online play
- Stat tracking for online games is now properly reflected for their correlating Garage items
- Blog and Scrolling Ticker now work as intended and will not errantly show “Offline” messages
- “PsyNet” icons for cross-platform players will now display properly
- Main Menu Player Avatars will no longer disappear between matches
- Player names are now displayed correctly during “Replays”
- French, German, Italian, and Spanish-language corrections and improvements
The 143rd episode of the Press Row Podcast gets our panel back together for a fun summer conversation. The crew chat about what they’ve been playing, the joys of Rocket League, the jammed fall sports schedule, the EASHL beta, and a whole lot more. First-time guest Chase Becotte joins Bryan Wiedey, Owen Good, Samit Sarkar, and host Rich Grisham.
Joining us this week:
- Owen Good, Polygon (@owengood)
- Chase Becotte, Operation Sports (@ChaseBecotte)
- Samit Sarkar, Polygon (@samitsarkar)
- Bryan Wieday, PastaPadre (@pastapadre)
- And your host, Richard Grisham, HitThePass (@richgrisham)
1) Follow the show on Twitter at @PressRowPodcast and send us some Tweets while you’re there
2) Email the show at PressRowPodcast@gmail.com
3) Respond to this post
Also, the Press Row Podcast is now available on iTunes (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...ow/id563624090) and Stitcher Radio (http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/oper...ss-row-podcast), and the Windows Store, so subscribe to it and rate it too!
Run Time: 1 Hour, 8 Minutes
Lastly, check out our brand new compilation page on Audioboom, where all of our shows are easy to access from one page.
Yasiel Puig has been battling the injury bug this year, including missing the entire month of May due to a hamstring issue. In the month of June when he returned, he hit just 1 home run, while driving in 6. While he did bat .303 in the month of June, his average in July dipped to .195 and is now batting .254 on the season.
On Wednesday, he delivered 2 hits, including a home run and 3 RBI in a win over the Oakland Athletics. After the game he attributed the success to playing baseball video games.
Here is a quote from Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times:
One would assume he is referring to MLB 15 The Show, since he is the cover athlete of the game.
Source - The Big Lead
Trades & Rumors Diamond Dynasty packs are available now for MLB 15 The Show costing 12,000 stubs. These packs will be available through the weekend and contain 3 player cards, 1 guaranteed Gold or better with 10 times the chance of receiving a diamond.
2K Pro-Am is another ‘team play’ online mode which will give you and friends the ability to create a custom team with a custom arena and take your skills online against the world. If that sounds lovely, the mode also features leaderboards which range from daily, to monthly, and to all-time.
There’s a lot to love about yesterday’s announcement, from your MyPlayer having something new to do to a mode which allows you to play real basketball with up to ten people.
Read More - NBA 2K16's Pro-Am: Hit or Miss?
The NHL 16 EASHL beta is available now for both Xbox One and PlayStation 4. While it was available on the Xbox One earlier this morning and throughout the day (via workaround), EA Sports hit a snag getting it online for both consoles the way they intended.
With all of that said, they figured out the cause of the problem and have extended the beta until August 7, giving gamers an extra day to hit the ice.
NHL 15 (Xbox One, PlayStation 4 or EA Access) is required to access the beta initially, but is not required after you have successfully downloaded as the beta will be accessible directly from your console hard drive. (More information here, including a chance for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 users to access the beta, if you have upgraded to a current-gen console).
As noted by Chase on Twitter:
The same can be said for the Xbox One beta, if you can't locate it.
Play a few games and let us know what you think!
2K has just announced 2K Pro-Am for NBA 2K16, which is a new mode for MyPLAYERS. Check out the new trailer here.
2K Pro-Am will feature instant matchmaking, with no waiting and games will start immediately. That means, no "Got Next" spots in 2K Pro-Am.
2K Pro-Am will feature daily, monthly and overall leaderboards with league leaders, power rankings and more. You can completely customize your team and create your own uniforms with the ability to change colors, number size, stripe configurations, collar types, mesh patterns, resizing text and logos (which can be imported) and so much more.
You can also completely customize your arena from the ground up by selecting from various jumbotrons, scorer's tables, baskets and sound effects. If you don't like a particular floor pattern, change it up (Herringbone, Honeycomb and more), along with colors of any line you can think of (out of bounds, key, center circle, half court, perimeter, etc.). Users can create customized text on the floors and sidelines, along with the ability to upload custom images.
NBA 2K16 2K Pro-Am Features:
- Play with your MyPLAYER - Walk on or form a team with friends
- NBA style basketball including timeouts and fouls
- No waiting. Instant matchmaking against similarly ranked opponents
- Fully customizable team designer, upload images or choose from customizable logos
The NHL Board of Governors approved a change to the regular season overtime rules in late June. The old 4-on-4 setup was ditched for a new 3-on-3 setup. However, those rules will not be in NHL 16, at least not when the game launched.
I thought I had heard NHL 16's Sean Ramjagsingh say this exact thing during the Twitch live stream yesterday, and now it's confirmed via Sean Leahy's interview on Puck Daddy with Ramjagsingh.
It would not be the first time rule changes were implemented after the season began, but this seems like it would come via an actual patch rather than just a "basic" tuning update.
Source: Puck Daddy chats with NHL 16 producer Sean Ramjagsingh about EA Sports Hockey League, playoff beards (Puck Daddy)
In case you've missed it, you can get the EASHL Beta Right now on Xbox One. The EASHL mode's absence last year has certainly led to a lot of hype for this year's mode, and we're interested in how many OS'ers plan to partake in the mode.
Be sure to vote in our poll and let us know what your plans are with the mode!