A look at the one feature which could really spice MyCareer up.
A crucial feature which EA nailed...
PES 2015 arrives into next-generation better than ever...
Which game mode is getting the most playtime for you at this point?
Operation Sports Content
Friday, October 24, 2014
03:18 PM - October 24, 2014. Posted by phillycheese. Written by Steve Noah
The NBA 2K15 patch is available now for PlayStation 4 users, weighing in at 940MB. This patch was released for the PC version a few days ago with plans to have the Xbox One patch available within the next 48 hours.
UPDATE: It is now available for Xbox One, weighing in at 945MB.
UPDATE #2: Face scanning on the Xbox One is much better, make sure you give it another shot if you were having issues.
2K has confirmed these specific fixes. Please post your findings as you see them.
- Made a number of stability fixes to improve the quality of the MyPARK experience, and online as a whole.
- Improvements have been made to the face scanning experience. Please ensure you have plenty of balanced lighting (natural light is best) for best results.
- The correct animation will now be shown in Edit Player when scrolling through the available list of animations.
- Fixed a rare hang that would occur when changing the in-game language from the Options menu.
- Fixed an issue where the user who invited would sometimes hang at the conclusion of a playoff game in Online Leagues.
- Addressed an issue in MyGM/MyLEAGUE where, in certain cases, the game would not allow the user to exceed 13 players during the free agency period of the offseason.
- Fixed a rare occurrence where Doris Burke would warp off the screen prior to an on-court interview with a player/coach.
- Addressed a number of locations where voice chat icons and Online IDs were not properly displayed during the online experience (PS4).
- Users are now able to re-watch 2KTV episodes that have already been watched to completion.
03:12 PM - October 24, 2014. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Chris Sanner
Draft Day Sports: Pro Basketball 4 is a text-management simulation which allows you to take the reigns of a basketball GM and build your franchise how you want to. Today, Wolverine Studios announced that DDS:PB4 is now available in FirstAccess, allowing you to pre-order the game today and get your hands on the beta builds as we work up to the official release of the game.
Some of the great new features included in DDS: Pro Basketball 4 include
- Totally Rebuilt UI with a brand new look and a ton of new accessible information (1280x768 min resolution required)
- More stat tracking - individual player shot charts are kept, new advanced stats are displayed on team roster pages and new stats introduced like PIE
- Overhauled game engine to account for brand new offensive sets giving you much more control over an offensive gameplan and engine tweaks to punish certain unrealistic strategies
- Sim speed improvements make the game simulate much quicker
- Combine stats added for rookies to use for scouting rookies to draft
- Full 32 team development league added so that each team has their own d-league affiliate
- Financial changes allowing the salary and luxury cap as well as player salaries to increase over time
- League creation now randomizes most non-statistical ratings categories for players to increase the uniqueness of each season
- New option added to randomize player potential when creating a league to further improve replayability
- Introducing @WSSportsNetwork - DDSPB4 gives you the ability to read in the game tweets from this feed to keep up with your fellow gamers and see how their dynasties are going
- Multiplayer League improvements (still in development)
12:52 PM - October 24, 2014. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Check out the latest Project CARS trailer, which highlights night racing, severe weather conditions and more. The game arrives on March 17th for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC with a Nintendo Wii U release later in the year.
Read the full press release below.
NEW PROJECT CARS NIGHT RACING TRAILER
SCARES UP THRILLS FOR HALLOWEEN
SCARES UP THRILLS FOR HALLOWEEN
Slightly Mad Studios and BANDAI NAMCO Games America Inc. today released a brand new trailer for Project CARS, coming to PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One® all-in-one games and entertainment system and PC on March 17, 2015 and later in 2015 for the Nintendo Wii U™ system.
The new trailer throws racers into a thrilling white-knuckled night race to celebrate the Halloween season. The Halloween trailer exemplifies Slightly Mad Studios’ approach that everything they put into Project CARS not only has to look stunning but must add additional gameplay.
The video showcases the incredible visual fidelity that allows tracks to be recreated with absolute perfection, but also highlights the added challenge that night racing and severe weather conditions bring – especially in a tight pack of blisteringly fast GT spec cars. So sit back and enjoy the thrill and drama of this dark decent and Happy Halloween!
12:16 PM - October 24, 2014. Posted by toine2983. Written by Chris Sanner
WWE 2K15 on the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 are debuting a new mode called, "Who Got Nxt" into the game.
You can see more screens from the mode in our WWE 2K15 media section. What do you think about the Who Got Nxt mode?
11:17 AM - October 24, 2014. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
The 106th episode of the Press Row Podcast features a full panel of Press Row regulars diving deep into the two big fall NBA releases. Up first is an extended discussion of NBA 2K15 now that we’ve all had a few weeks to play – or choose not to play – NBA 2K15 in a full retail environment. Next is a chat about expectations for NBA Live 15, including how the game is being held up by EA as well as what the panel thinks its approach should be. Lastly, Rich spends a few minutes with PastaPadre’s Bryan Wiedey one-on-one to get his thoughts after spending six hours hands-on with NBA Live 15 via EA Access. It’s a hoops extravaganza. Enjoy!
Joining us this week:
- Chris Sanner, Operation Sports (@Chrissnr)
- Bryan Wiedey, PastaPadre (@pastapadre)
- Owen Good, Polygon (@owengood)
- Samit Sarkar, Polygon (@samitsarkar)
- Kat Bailey, US Gamer (@The_Katbot)
- T.J. Lauerman, ThatSportsGamer (@ThatSportsGamer)
- And your host, Richard Grisham, GamesRadar/OXM/@GAMER (@richgrisham)
Send us your feedback! We love to hear from you and can’t wait to read your stuff on the air in a future episode. Do it one of these ways:
1) Follow the show on Twitter at @PressRowPodcast and send us some Tweets while you’re there
2) Email the show at PressRowPodcast@gmail.com
3) Respond to this post
Also, the Press Row Podcast is now available on iTunes (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...ow/id563624090) and Stitcher Radio (http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/oper...ss-row-podcast), so subscribe to it and rate it too!
Enjoy the show!
Run Time: 1 Hour, 49 Minutes
If you can't view or listen to the embedded player below, please click here.
09:52 AM - October 24, 2014. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Another week of NFL football gives us another new Operation Sports FanDuel fantasy football league. It's $5 to enter again in week 8 and first place wins $75. Click here to join.
OperationSports Member mattman1398 cruised to a 7 point victory in week 7, thanks to a great lineup that included some of the day's best picks. Demaryius Thomas and Sammy Watkins had breakout days for mattman, combining for 17 catches, 293 yards and 4 touchdowns. Neither player was owned by more than 10% of the field. Mattman paid up at quarterback to select Andrew Luck who didn't meet expectations, but he was still able to best the 72 other entries to secure the week 7 win. Had mattman entered his team into the Sunday $2 Million tournament, he would've finished in 640th out of 91,000 teams, good for a $250 payday.
Sweettouch finished in 2nd place, carried by a strong day by an off-the-radar selection, Matt Forte.
Here's mattman1398's lineup, which was good for a nice $75 first place prize.
Here's the link for week 8's league. Good luck!
04:29 AM - October 24, 2014. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
The new courts, which were scheduled to arrive for NBA 2K15 before the regular season tips off, are already here. This update includes new courts for the Cleveland Cavaliers, New Orleans Pelicans, Sacramento Kings, Brooklyn Nets, Philadelphia 76ers and Denver Nuggets.
These should be available for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One (no word on PC yet), per 2K. It doesn't appear to be an addition for old-gen consoles.
Thursday, October 23, 2014
06:57 PM - October 23, 2014. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
New NBA courts for the Cleveland Cavaliers, New Orleans Pelicans, Sacramento Kings, Brooklyn Nets, Philadelphia 76ers and Denver Nuggets are coming to NBA 2K15 before the regular season tips off on Tuesday, October 28th. No other court updates were announced at this time.
It looks like these court updates will be for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4. We have asked 2K for an official statement on whether or not these updates will arrive on old-gen consoles. When and if we hear back, we will update this post.
04:48 PM - October 23, 2014. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
EA Sports released the Madden NFL 15 week 8 roster update, along with an Excel spreadsheet showing all of the changes. These include updated ratings and/or position changes for 655 players. Peyton Manning joins Richard Sherman and J. J. Watt as the only 99 overall rated players in the game.
- Cairo Santos +5 (67)
- Sammy Watkins +2 (85)
- Cortland Finnegan +2 (84)
- Jason Pierre-Paul +2 (89)
- Maurkice Pounce +2 (90)
- Andrew Whitworth +2 (93)
- Tony Romo +2 (92)
- Golden Tate +2 (87)
- Adam Jones +2 (84)
- Kory Lichtensteiger +2 (81)
- DeMarcus Ware +2 (91)
- Johnny Hekker +2 (90)
- Parys Haralson -3 (81)
- Will Beatty -3 (83)
- Larry Warford -3 (87)
- Chris Myers -2 (83)
- Brad Nortman -2 (86)
- Kirk Cousins -2 (75)
- Brandon Mebane -2 (89)
- Andre Smith -2 (86)
- Anthony Davis -2 (88)
- Brian Cushing -2 (85)
- LeGarrette Blount -2 (83)
- Antoine Bethea -2 (88)
- Steven Jackson -2 (82)
- Marshawn Lynch -1 (95)
02:06 PM - October 23, 2014. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
If you purchase NBA Live 15 during launch week (October 28 – November 6, 2014), you will receive $30 worth of Ultimate Team content, which includes 10 gold premium packs.
According to the blog, as soon as you fire up the game on Xbox One or PlayStation 4, you will receive all of the content. That is different from the pre-order bonus, which gives you one pack per week, for 10 weeks.
You can read all about what's new in NBA Live 15 Ultimate Team here.
We have contacted EA to clarify and will update when we hear back.
UPDATE: Just recieved conformation from EA Sports. For those of you that pre-order the game, not only will you get the 10 gold premium packs, but you will also receive one pack per week, for 10 weeks, for a total of 20 packs.
01:07 PM - October 23, 2014. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Chris Sanner
It's time for you to give us your initial NBA Live 15 impressions if you are playing it on early access. If you are wanting community wide impressions, be sure to check out the NBA Live 15 Early Access Impressions discussion we started yesterday.
So what do you think of the game this year? Give it a rating of great, good, average or bad and let us know what you picked and why in the comments!
12:07 PM - October 23, 2014. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Glenn Wigmore
While it would be ideal to have an online franchise/booker option with multiple friends, one of the coolest additions to WWE 2K15 could be the use of friends’ created characters in the MyCareer mode. The “invasion” concept only supports five characters per career, but this is something that I think will really add some personality and randomness to the story-based offering. Reality is already bent by having your own created character in the world, so why not add some additional wackiness with your friends in the mix?
Read More - In WWE 2K15, One Sleeper Feature Which Could Revitalize MyCareer Mode
10:57 AM - October 23, 2014. Posted by ChubbyBanana. Written by Steve Noah
The Football Manager 2015 pre-release beta is available now for those that pre-ordered the game. Read the FAQ on how to redeem the code here.
If you're having trouble finding it, close Steam and restart the client.
09:25 AM - October 23, 2014. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
The 2014 college football season is under way, and we have it all covered on Dual Threat, Operation Sports' College Football Podcast! Dual Threat is hosted by Matt Cahill, a.k.a. Drab T-Shirt, and Robert Bode, hosts and producers at 106.7 The Fan in DC, and they discuss everything college football related with an opinionated and fast-paced show!
In this third episode of Dual Threat Season 3: The Review Show, Drab and Bode recap Week 8, which saw both Baylor and Oklahoma lose and potentially leave the Big XII out of the inaugural College Football Playoff. Also, the guys give a glimpse of what it could be like when the playoff committee releases their first rankings next week, as Drab and Bode debate Oregon, Michigan State, Ohio State, Georgia, the top heavy SEC West and more. Plus, Drab asks Bode what should happen with his alma mater, the University of Florida, where Will Muschamp's days are officially numbered as the head coach of the Gators.
Be sure to follow the show and guys on Twitter, @DualThreatCFB, @DrabTShirt and @Bode1067. Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes or Stitcher, listen in the embedded player below or click here. Also, you can check out the guys every Saturday morning from 7-8am on 106.7 The Fan in DC! Be sure to listen in every week for new episodes, right here on OperationSports.com. Thanks for listening!
Wednesday, October 22, 2014
07:56 PM - October 22, 2014. Posted by 32. Written by Steve Noah
NBA Live 15 is available now for EA Access subscribers, giving you six hours of total gameplay. Play a quick game and post your impressions.
PlayStation 4 users will get a demo on the 28th and non-EA Access subscribers on the Xbox One will be able to grab the trial version on the same date.