How does the spiritual successor to the popular 90s game stack up thus far?
How do the game's ratings stack up?
Some ideas to make Madden more of a sim for the next year...
What is the formula the Patriots and Falcons used?
Operation Sports Content
Wednesday, March 22, 2017
04:31 PM - March 22, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Rocket League patch 1.31 is available now, on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC, adding the new Dropshot mode and much more.
Check out some of the details below, full patch notes are at the official website.
- Dropshot game mode is now available in the unranked playlists
- Neo Tokyo has been removed from Casual and Competitive playlists
- Turbo Crate has been added
- Painted Endo bodies and Tachyon Rocket Trails can be found in the Turbo Crate
- Seasonal Easter Items can be acquired March 22 to April 17
- Season 3 of Competitive play is ending and Season 4 begins. Titles and items will be awarded for the highest rank achieved during the season
Tuesday, March 21, 2017
04:16 PM - March 21, 2017. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Joel Smith
With NBA teams either throwing in the towel for the year, fighting for a spot in the playoffs, or resting their stars to prep for a deep playoff run, we're in the final stretch of the season. In the Eastern and Western Conferences, the teams holding the 7th and 8th seeds are playing for their lives to hold their spots and make it to the Second Season. The teams in the 9th and 10th spots are attempting to move into 8th and play spoiler.
After the trades that went down before the deadline, and the free agency acquisitions that have been made, what are the 7 to 10 spots looking like going into crunch time? The layouts of the conferences in the East and the West at the fringes (7 to 10) are looking interesting.
Read More - Breaking Down the NBA Playoff Fringe in NBA 2K17
09:43 AM - March 21, 2017. Posted by loccdogg26. Written by Steve NoahFIFA 17 patch 1.08 is available now for Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Check out the patch notes below.
09:34 AM - March 21, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
The OOTP 18 Road to Release series is still rolling along, and this time we’re looking at the new tournaments feature in the game, starting with the World Baseball Classic. The 2017 WBC is in its second round as I write this, but I was able to fire up OOTP 18 and play through the tournament for a glimpse at what might happen. I’ll also talk about the ability to create your own tournaments in OOTP 18, as well as the addition of the Arizona Fall League.
Read More - OOTP 18 Road to Release: World Baseball Classic and Other Tournaments
Just in case you missed the other Out of the Park Baseball 18 Road to Release articles, the links are below.
- Out of the Park Baseball 18 Road to Release: The Negro Leagues
- Out of the Park Baseball 18 Road to Release: Challenge Mode
- Out of the Park Baseball 18 Road to Release: Promotion and Relegation
08:51 AM - March 21, 2017. Posted by HustlinOwl. Written by Steve Noah
PlayStation has posted a new MLB The Show 17 video, featuring Road to the Show gameplay. Check it out and post your thoughts.
08:46 AM - March 21, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Check out the latest DiRT 4 article dedicated to the inner workings of your very own race team; how you hire and fire your staff, brand your vehicles with your own livery and sponsorship deals, and improve your facilities so you can expand your team’s impact and performance.
Monday, March 20, 2017
On the heels of the massive success that is Rocket League comes High Horse Entertainment’s Disc Jam. A quick pick-up-and-play match-style game between two players (or two teams) with basic controls, simple rules and a whole lot of fun. It features gameplay that is addicting, but after playing the game for a little over a week, one has to wonder if there is enough here to keep people coming back.
Read More - Disc Jam Review (PS4)
11:37 AM - March 20, 2017. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Joel Smith
Every so often we get to play a game that changes or revolutionizes a genre. For basketball games, we always had our “arcade” style games: Double Dribble, Arch Rivals and Tecmo NBA Basketball are a few that instantly come to mind for me that I played as a kid that had sim elements but were more of an arcade feel. NBA Jam and NBA Hangtime really changed the way we looked at a basketball game, especially with the implementation of their “Wow!” elements, exaggerated gameplay and the fun we had time in and out playing those games.
Over time, various games on various systems tried to relive that fun feel. NBA Showtime: NBA on NBC brought back the nostalgic feeling of the NBA Jam series with some flavor of its own. The NBA Street series released by EA Sports revitalized the genre and was widely and critically acclaimed and well received. But it’s been awhile since we’ve had a viable streetball title to enjoy...10 years to be exact. Enter 3 On 3 Freestyle.
Read More - 3-on-3 Freestyle Review (PS4)
09:24 AM - March 20, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Check out the latest Super Mega Baseball 2 video, going over the customization features in the game.
Super Mega Baseball 2 will have tons of new customization options for leagues, seasons, teams and players.
Listed below are all of the customization options in the game.
- Number of conferences (none/2)
- Number of divisions (none/2 – 8)
- Total teams in league (4 – 32)
- League, conference & division names
- Innings per game (1 – 9)
- Total games (2 – 200)
- Playoff bracket size (2/4/8/16)
- Color scheme
- Logo design
- Uniform style
- Uniform & gear colors
- Sock style
- Stirrup style
- Default lineup
- Home stadium
- Player Appearance
- Head style & size
- Skin tone
- Eye color
- Hair style & color
- Eyebrow style & color
- Facial hair style & color
- Eyewear & eyewear color
- Eye black
- Arm tattoos
- Pant style
- Undershirt style & color
- Sleeve styles & color
- Wrist band style & color
- Cleats style & colors
- Elbow guard style & colors
- Ankle guard style & colors
- Helmet style & colors
- Fielding glove colors
- Batting glove style & colors
- Bat wood, stain, tape, pine tar
- Pitching windup
- Batting stance
- Batting routine
- Walk-up song
- Batting & throwing handedness
- Pitch arsenal
- Pitching arm angle
- Primary/secondary positions
- Skill values
Sunday, March 19, 2017
10:10 AM - March 19, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve NoahEvery Sunday, we will get you caught up on the sports gaming news you might have missed during the week.
- The scariest bug seen in early development of MLB The Show 17
- MotoGP 17 Announced with New Online Mode & Completely Revolutionized Career Mode
- New Dropshot Mode Arrives on March 22 For Rocket League
- 25 New MotoGP 17 Screenshots
- The OS Daily - The Show Hall Of Fame Content, Rocket League's Dropshot & MotoGP 17
- MLB The Show 17 Road to the Show Details
- MLB The Show 17 RTTS Delivering Additional Cutscenes, Scenarios & More After Launch
- Press Row Podcast - Racing into 2017
- MLB The Show 17 Video - What's New in Road to The Show (IGN)
- MLB The Show 17 Video - Revamped Road to the Show Mode (GameSpot)
- Out of the Park Baseball 18 Road to Release: Promotion and Relegation
- MLB The Show 17 Videos - Franchise Mode Quick Manage & Critical Situations
- MLB The Show 17 Gameplay Video - Toronto Blue Jays vs. New York Yankees (Full Game)
- The Golf Club 2 Screenshots
- Old Time Hockey Interview and PC System Requirements
- Madden NFL 17 Title Update 11 Available Now, Patch Notes Included
- MLB The Show 17 Video - Road to the Show 101
- Player Quirks Are a Step in the Right Direction for MLB The Show
- The OS Daily - MLB The Show 17 RTTS Revamp, Madden NFL 17 Patch & More
- MLB The Show 17 Twitch Stream - Graphical Improvements (Archive Available)
- How to Fix the New York Knicks in NBA 2K17
- Throwback Thursday: Major League Baseball Featuring Ken Griffey Jr.
- Top 10 Players at Each Position in MLB The Show 17
- NHL 17 Patch 1.07 Available Now, Details Included
- MLB The Show 17 Megastream Breakdown - Graphical Upgrades, RTTS, Live Content
Saturday, March 18, 2017
08:19 AM - March 18, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
We had our own MLB The Show 17 megastream, right after Sony Interactive Entertainment had theirs. Make sure you are subscribed to our Twitch channel, so you get notified when we go LIVE.
In this MLB The Show 17 franchise mode livestream breakdown, Millennium runs through the entire stream and points out plenty of details you might have missed. Give it a watch and post your thoughts and don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel.
Friday, March 17, 2017
08:35 AM - March 17, 2017. Posted by GetThePuckOut. Written by Steve Noah
NHL 17 patch 1.07 is available now, details above. If any other details are revealed, this post will get updated.
Thursday, March 16, 2017
11:00 PM - March 16, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Check out the top 10 players at each position in MLB The Show 17 and post your thoughts! These were all revealed in this developer tournament Twitch stream.
Below are the overall top players in MLB The Show 17, click here to view the top 10 at each position.
- Mike Trout – Overall 99
- Clayton Kershaw – Overall 99
- Jose Altuve – Overall 97
- Andrew Miller – Overall 96
- Kenley Jansen – Overall 95
- Josh Donaldson – Overall 94
- Kris Bryant – Overall 94
- Max Scherzer – Overall 93
- Nolan Arenado – Overall 93
- Manny Machado – Overall 93
- Chris Sale – Overall 93
- Mookie Betts – Overall 93
- Noah Syndergaard – Overall 92
- Corey Kluber – Overall 92
- Jake Arrieta – Overall 92
- Zach Britton – Overall 92
- Miguel Cabrera – Overall 92
- Madison Bumgarner – Overall 92
04:44 PM - March 16, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Elliott Jenkins
With MLB The Show 17 under two weeks away, this week’s Throwback Thursday appropriately focuses on one of the inspirations for Retro Mode, Major League Baseball Featuring Ken Griffey Jr.
Before we begin, there is an important distinction that must be made. To avoid confusion, this Throwback Thursday covers the 1998 release on Nintendo 64 titled Major League Baseball Featuring Ken Griffey Jr. It is not to be confused with the other Nintendo 64 release Ken Griffey Jr.’s Slugfest nor the similarly-titled (and previously covered) Ken Griffey Jr. Presents Major League Baseball for the Super Nintendo.
Read More - Throwback Thursday: Major League Baseball Featuring Ken Griffey Jr. (Written by: Elliott Jenkins)
02:05 PM - March 16, 2017. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Ben Vollmer
There is no worse position in basketball than to be mediocre. You lack the hope of a potential NBA Championship, and you can't pin your hopes on snagging a top three pick in the draft.
The Knicks could find themselves firmly planted in that sort of territory if they don't get lucky in the Lottery and end up in that 6-8 pick range. Long term, they might be unable to climb the standings for a playoff bid and too stubborn to sink the ship altogether.
So what can we do to fix the Knicks in NBA 2K17? It might be time for a full-on rebuild.
Read More - How to Fix the New York Knicks in NBA 2K17 (Written by: Ben Vollmer)