A look at some features we'd love to see in this year's game...
Are they a concern to you? Simulation realism?
Taking a look at the game modes in The Show.
Looking at the top three in each category...
Operation Sports Content
Friday, May 6, 2016
01:38 PM - May 6, 2016. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Chris Sanner
The Angels aren't off to a great start -- now thanks to news that Garrett Richards needs Tommy John surgery -- the news has just gotten worse.
The Angels rotation really isn't anything near what it could have been, should have been, or might have been. And to top that off, the lineup which looked so formidable for years to come just a couple of short years ago looks downright average now.
It may be unthinkable, but David Schoenfield at ESPN.com is suggesting the Angels should indeed think about trading Mike Trout.
Thanks to a horribly lackluster farm system, a bunch of heavy contracts for players not producing, and simply because the team just isn't that good: it may just be time for the whole experiment in Anaheim to be thrown to the wind.
But what do you think? Should the Angels look to trade Mike Trout and begin rebuilding the whole project? Sound off in the comments!
10:34 AM - May 6, 2016. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Guest Post
Hey guys, it’s Robby from Two Brothers Gaming again here with some more NBA 2K16 My Team Throwback Thursday card reviews! Every week in NBA 2K16’s My Team mode, there are Throwback Thursday cards released with specific players’ highlight seasons. Each week here on Operation Sports, I’ll be highlighting these players and showing you stats, badges, individual attributes, and everything related to each player. If you pull one of these cards, you’ll know what to do with them! Don’t forget to watch the accompanying video review as well.
Read More - NBA 2K16: Throwback Thursday Card Reviews (5/6/16)
07:23 AM - May 6, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve NoahThe official MLB The Show 16 roster update is available now. They are moving away from the usual Monday release and sending out updates on Friday. The update adds 6 players and includes 116 player movements.
Daddy Leagues have posted the attribute changes for the roster update, some of the changes include Jose Altuve +2 (96), Nolan Arenado +3 (96), Manny Machado +2 (96), Andrew Miller -1 (91), Ryan Braun +4 (90), Sonny Gray -3 (89), Troy Tulowitzki -4 (89), Dallas Keuchel -3 (88), Starling Marte +2 (88), Xander Bogaerts +3 (87), Kelvin Herrera +1 (85), Taijuan Walker +4 (85) and more.
Check out all of the other details below. (Click the images for a better resolution)
04:55 AM - May 6, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Announced back in January to release in May, then pushed to June, Dangerous Golf now has an official release date. Three Fields Entertainment announced on Twitter, the game is scheduled to release on June 3 for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
They have also released 3 new trailers from the game, seen in the following links below, as well as this 15 minute gameplay video on Polygon.
Welcome to the World of Dangerous Golf
An arcade style sports game with a very explosive twist.
Play through a variety of Indoor Courses – make a mess in the Kitchen, wreak havoc in a Palace, or cause chaos in a Castle and set fire to a Gas Station.
Rack up scores by causing as much damage and destruction as possible. Fire off a SmashBreaker. Blast the Ball into the Hole with an outrageous Trickshot.
Set off on a World Tour, play co-operatively in Double Trouble, or try Party Golf with up to 8 Players.
You don’t need to wear loud trousers, funny shoes or a hat, or be a bore when you shout “Fore!” – this is golf for everyone.
Brought to you from the founders of Criterion Games, the people behind Burnout and Black – this is Dangerous Golf.
A smashing game for all the family.
Four Smashing Ways to Play
- Embark on a world tour of destruction. Compete in 10 Tours that take you around the globe. Unlock all 100 different Holes, each featuring different combinations of play mechanics.
- Two golfers playing dangerously together. The perfect Couch Co-Op experience! Take turns to Tee-Off, Smashbreak and Putt. Players take turns but Scores are combined. Damage does not reset between turns. Work together to maximise scoring. Use one or more controllers.
- Destructive golfing fun for up to 8 Players. Pass the pad and take turns to set the biggest scores. Choose the Holes to be played.
- Take on and play against the most dangerous golfers in the world. Up to 8 Players.
Kitchen – Make a huge mess in the Kitchen. Splat food onto the walls and floor, break Microwave Ovens and Dishwashers. Break open the Store Room, access the Back Alley and trash the Bathroom.
Castle - Cause chaos in the Castle. Knock down the suits of Armour, spill paint onto works of art and smash priceless antiques. Explore the Dungeon, Armoury, Queens Corridor and redecorate the Great Hall.
Palace - Let them eat cake – but only after you’ve knocked it all to the floor. Break bottles, vases, tables, grand pianos and grandfather clocks. Drop down to the Wine Cellar, make a noise in the Library or break into the Secret Vault.
Disturb the peace and serenity of the Outback. Set fire to the pumps, break all the windows and run riot in the store. Tee Off on the Forecourt, make work for somebody in the Workshop, spray paint in the Paint Shop, rock the Rooftop and light up the Alleyway.
Thursday, May 5, 2016
06:09 PM - May 5, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
As announced last week, the Forza Motorsport 6: Apex Open Beta, is available now, weighing in at just under 19 GB. Windows 10 users can download it for free, right here. Race a few laps and let us know what you think!
In case you missed them, we have posted the system requirements below.
- Experience the world of Forza on Windows 10 PCs for free, with many of the best racing experiences that “Forza Motorsport 6” has to offer, as well as Forza’s trademark innovations such as Drivatar™ opponents and Forzavista™ cars – each with working cockpits and full damage.
- Discover new ways to play and compete, including an all-new Showcase Tour, Spotlight Series, in-race bonus objectives and an all-new scoring mechanic.
- Race a diverse selection of more than 60 Forzavista™ cars curated from fan favorites, reflecting a variety of automotive interests, including hot hatch, muscle, touring, exotics, GT racing, track toys, prototypes and hypercars.
- Compete on six tracks based on world-famous tracks, featuring immersive wet-weather and night racing conditions.
- Face unrelenting action at simulation speed with, DirectX 12, the new standard for 3D graphics that enables players to experience gains in performance and overall optimization.
- Unlock the full capabilities of your PC with full HD and breathtaking graphics at up to 4K resolution, powered by ForzaTech™, Turn 10 Studios’ proprietary, state-of-the-art graphics and physics engine, and developed with DirectX 12.
- Delight in the stunning realism and precise detail of every car as the result of the ForzaTech™ engine, bringing the unique aspects that give each car its own unique feel to life.
01:27 PM - May 5, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
NBA Live 16 is coming to The Vault for EA Access members on May 25. For those of you that might still be unaware, EA Access is an Xbox One exclusive, allowing members to try upcoming EA games prior to release, offering 10% off all EA digital purchases and more. It also gives users access to The Vault, which houses a growing library of EA games subscribers can play as much as they want. Users can subscribe to EA Access for $4.99 per month, or $29.99 for a full year.
Good detective work Fiddy!!
10:04 AM - May 5, 2016. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Danny Webster
For instance, the draft has two potential superstar players in Ben Simmons and Brandon Ingram. There is a lack of star power after that, but at least two teams are going to come out happy in the end.
There's also this matter of a huge salary cap increase. The likes of Kevin Durant and (maybe) Dwight Howard are going to get these bank-breaking contracts from any team that has the necessary space to get a deal done. With the cap explosion, this means roughly 26 teams can offer a max contract. The upcoming free-agent class is not the strongest, but there's still lots of money to spend. We will probably never have this many teams with max money to spend again, which could mean some wild trades also happen to fill those cap sheets.
But look, I know you're all still looking at me funny. You're saying, "why don't we wait to talk about this once teams have new faces and are settled come August?" Well, what would be the fun in that? The mystery is the best part of the NBA offseason, so let's indulge and try to figure out what teams will be the most intriguing come next season.
Read More - Predicting the Most Intriguing Teams in NBA 2K17
06:36 AM - May 5, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
Another NBA 2K16 roster update has arrived today, we've listed some of the changes below.
- Kawhi Leonard +1 (94)
- Kiay Thompson +1 (90)
- LaMarcus Aldridge +2 (89)
- Kyrie Irving +2 (88)
- Paul Millsap +2 (87)
- Goran Dragic +1 (80)
- Luol Deng +1 (80)
- Al-Farouq Aminu +3 (79)
- Dennis Schroder +2 (79)
- J.R. Smith +1 (77)
- Hassan Whiteside -1 (86)
- Kyle Lowry -2 (86)
- C.J. McCollum -1 (83)
- Al Horford -3 (80)
- Jeff Teague -1 (79)
- Tony Parker -3 (79)
- Harrison Barnes -1 (78)
To see a more detailed breakdown of the roster update, which includes individual attribute updates, head on over to 2KMTC.
Let us know what you are seeing!
Wednesday, May 4, 2016
09:52 PM - May 4, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
OOTP 17 patch #5 (version number 17.7.53) is available for users that purchased the game directly from the OOTP website or from official resellers. For those of you that purchased on Steam or the AppStore, it should be available in the next few days. Check out the details of the patch below.
- Fixed error where international complex got cleared if playing with scouting discoveries on but international amateur FA off
- Fixed errors in 3d movement
- Fixed case where the delete players who never reached majors flag would get checked by accident
- Fixed signing bonus not always being counted properly
- Fixed online league released player export finances
- Fixed award names in BB cards
Source - OOTP
05:20 PM - May 4, 2016. Posted by Brian SCEA. Written by Steve Noah
The following bullpen details were also added to the latest MLB The Show 16 1.04 patch.
- CPU managers will let starters pitch slightly longer in various situations. They're less likely to pull starters over individual runners on base.
- In simulated games, CPU managers will pull starters slightly sooner. I.e. games you sim on the front end and fast forward (both RTTS and manual).
- When a closer hasn't played in 3 or more days, the CPU may make them play regardless of the save situation to give them work.
- As a result of the two previous changes, starters will pitch fewer total IP (and IP/G), while relievers and closers will play more games.
- Other changes to how CPU managers manage relief pitchers in certain situations. These are all tuning changes.
09:23 AM - May 4, 2016. Posted by MMChrisS.
The Warriors had a magical run of 73-9 in the regular season and now they're dominating equally as thoroughly in the post-season. In many ways, its almost as if Golden State is playing on a difficulty level setting which is a hair too low.
Or perhaps maybe Golden State needs to adjust some sliders -- especially for Curry who just seems to make everything.
Let's face it, regardless of what you think, the Warriors run has simply been not sim. Maybe we can take it all up with Adam Silver soon.
If you had a season like the Warriors in NBA 2K16, what would you do? Would you assume you need to bump up the difficulty? Adjust sliders? Sound off by voting in our poll and respond with a comment!
07:22 AM - May 4, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
The Hot Wheels Car Pack is available now for Forza Motorsport 6. Check out the trailer here.
The car pack costs $6.99. Gamers can also purchase cars from the pack individually.
Below is the list of cars available in the pack.
- 2011 Hot Wheels Bone Shaker
- 2005 Ford Hot Wheels Mustang
- 2017 Ford Focus RS
- 2015 McLaren P1 GTR
- 1990 Ferrari #1 Scuderia Ferrari 641
- 2016 Chevrolet Camaro Super Sport
- 2015 BMW X6M
Tuesday, May 3, 2016
05:11 PM - May 3, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah[center]
Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf is available now on Steam for Windows, OSX and Linux with plans to release it soon for consoles and Android TV.
For those of you playing the pre-release, a new update has also arrived today. We've listed the fixes below.
- Fixed: Can change Device type during game
- Fixed: Green Grid on Green Only
- Fixed: Bunch of issues in the Store
- Fixed: Default settings on first run of game
- Added Bethesda to Courses so people can now purchase
- Fixed Two Balls on Tee
- Fixed Could not navigate leaderboard with Controller
- Various Chat fixes
- Fixed Skins / Stroke Scramble Scoring
- Added Ctrl T to Toggle Tee Move
- Removed Tournament Rounds From Lobby
With the NFL Draft concluding this past weekend, our staff gathered around the OS Roundtable to discuss how we thought the draft went this weekend. In this edition of the OS Roundtable we talk about which pick changes Madden the most, which teams had the best and worst drafts, and finally we round the corner to home by talking about which pick will be the biggest steal when we look back on the 2016 Draft.
Read More - Reviewing the NFL Draft (Madden Edition)
01:22 PM - May 3, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
The NHL 17 cover vote, which began last week with 8 superstars, is now down to 4. The NHL and EA Sports have dropped the puck on round 2 with the following match-ups.
- Vladimir Tarasenko vs. Jamie Benn
- Connor McDavid vs. Joe Pavelski
Voting in round 2 ends on May 9th at 3:00 pm EST.
Who do you see advancing?