A look at some features we'd love to see in this year's game...
Are they a concern to you? Simulation realism?
Taking a look at the game modes in The Show.
Looking at the top three in each category...
Operation Sports Content
Tuesday, May 3, 2016
With the NFL Draft concluding this past weekend, our staff gathered around the OS Roundtable to discuss how we thought the draft went this weekend. In this edition of the OS Roundtable we talk about which pick changes Madden the most, which teams had the best and worst drafts, and finally we round the corner to home by talking about which pick will be the biggest steal when we look back on the 2016 Draft.
Read More - Reviewing the NFL Draft (Madden Edition)
01:22 PM - May 3, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
The NHL 17 cover vote, which began last week with 8 superstars, is now down to 4. The NHL and EA Sports have dropped the puck on round 2 with the following match-ups.
- Vladimir Tarasenko vs. Jamie Benn
- Connor McDavid vs. Joe Pavelski
Voting in round 2 ends on May 9th at 3:00 pm EST.
Who do you see advancing?
12:01 PM - May 3, 2016. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Chris Sanner
With Madden NFL 17 still months away, and the NFL offseason continuing to churn forward -- there is still a chance some pretty huge impact players could find themselves playing for a different franchise by the time the new season dawns on us.
ESPN recently published an article with eight players which could find themselves with a new uniform in 2016...
The players ESPN has pegged to possibly be targets to move in the coming months?
- Sam Bradford, QB, Eagles
- Colin Kaepernick, QB, 49ers
- Ryan Fitzpatrick, QB, Free Agent (ahem Jets)
- Muhammad Wilkerson, DE, Jets
- Mike Glennon, QB, Buccaneers
- Nick Foles, QB, Rams
- Eugene Monroe, OT, Ravens,
- Luke Joeckel, OT, Jaguars
09:39 AM - May 3, 2016. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Jayson Young
If you've played at least one of developer Supergiant Games' previous titles (2011's Bastion or 2014's Transistor), then you probably wouldn't expect them to be making a sports RPG for their third game.
Pyre promises plenty of story (presented in text boxes), some voiced-over cutscenes, and lots of Dead Can Dance-inspired music. But instead of the genre's usual fight-'til-death battles, enemy encounters involve squads of three casting spells and firing energy beams while trying to gain control of a glowing orb that you then try to transport to the opposing team's pyre.
The PAX East demo allows only one character per side to move at any given time, with the other teammates standing in a defensive position waiting for the player to press a button and switch onto them. Supergiant's creative director Greg Kasavin says that multiplayer action scenes are something they're "looking into," even though single-player is "very much [their] focus."
Pyre challenges your party to escape purgatory by rolling a wagon across its dangerous, detour-filled overworld, while defeating any competing exiles who cross your path. Basically, it's a mystical, supernatural Oregon Trail with a much bigger backstory and Quidditch competitions replacing the buffalo hunts.
Supergiant's team of 12 people has been working on Pyre since July 2014, and they plan to release the title on PC and PlayStation 4 sometime in 2017.
08:24 AM - May 3, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
There’s been a heavy focus with recent episodes of the Press Row Podcast on the two big games that released in March, but now attention turns to some news relating to titles that are still off in the future and a favorite that has just been updated. The trio this week discuss the first features to have been revealed for NHL 17, how EA Sports is considering adding Virtual Reality to the next UFCgame and what that might mean for others out before then, and how a basketball mode is the latest success from Rocket League.
Joining us this week:
- Bryan Wiedey (@pastapadre) Pastapadre/Sporting News/Hit The Pass
- Rich Grisham (@richgrisham) Out of the Park Developments/Hit The Pass
- Kat Bailey (@The_Katbot) USgamer
Send us your feedback! We love to hear from you and can’t wait to read your stuff on the air in a future episode. Do it one of these ways:
1) Follow the show on Twitter at @PressRowPodcast and send us some Tweets while you’re there
2) Email the show at PressRowPodcast@gmail.com
3) Respond to this post
Run Time: 1 Hour, 7 Minutes
Don’t forget about your chance to own Out of the Park Baseball 17 for 10% off! Just go to ootpdevelopments.com, click on the OOTP 17 banner, then enter the promotional code "PRESS17" at checkout to take another 10% off the price.
Monday, May 2, 2016
06:00 PM - May 2, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
As mentioned earlier today, the NBA 2K16 patch #6 has already arrived for PlayStation 4 users, weighing in at 2.4GB. As soon as we get the patch notes, we will update this post. Until then, let us know what you are seeing.
Xbox One users will see the patch later, no official ETA has been given.
UPDATE: Here are the patch notes.
- Updated player portraits for a number of players.
- Tuned the effectiveness of long outlet passes for players with the Break Starter badge.
- Delay branching from Kobe Bryant Back size-up.
- Re-worked size-up dribble launches to prevent unnaturally explosive first steps.
- Tune miss chances for deep downcourt and cherry picking.
- Dock vertical and rebounding when you go behind the basket. Don’t reset 3-in-the-key offense timer in baseline behind paint for human controlled blacktop players.
04:51 PM - May 2, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve NoahThe official weekly MLB The Show 16 roster update is available now. The update adds 14 players and includes 145 player movements.
Daddy Leagues have posted the attribute changes for the roster update, some of the changes include Bryce Harper +2 (99), Noah Syndergaard +4 (93), Dellin Betances +3 (90), Max Scherzer -2 (93), Andrew Miller +1 (92), Stephen Strasburg +5 (92), Zack Greinke -4 (91), Matt Harvey -3 (91) and more.
Check out all of the other details below. (Click the images for a better resolution)
There is also a new Challenge of the Week, featuring Kansas City Royals' Eric Hosmer vs. 2013 Cy Young Winner, Max Scherzer. Check out the details and prizes below.
03:21 PM - May 2, 2016. Posted by DivotMaker. Written by Steve Noah
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR is coming to The Vault for EA Access members on May 10. For those of you that might still be unaware, EA Access is an Xbox One exclusive, allowing members to try upcoming EA games prior to release, offering 10% off all EA digital purchases and more. It also gives users access to The Vault, which houses a growing library of EA games subscribers can play as much as they want. Users can subscribe to EA Access for $4.99 per month, or $29.99 for a full year.
Source - EA Access Twitter
01:46 PM - May 2, 2016. Posted by Jrocc23. Written by Steve Noah
NBA 2K16 patch #6 is scheduled to arrive for PlayStation 4 users within the next 48 hours, so keep you eyes out for it. Xbox One users will have to wait a while longer, but no ETA has been given. Patch notes typically arrive as the patches drop.
This post will get an update as more information comes in.
Source - Ronnie
10:25 AM - May 2, 2016. Posted by MMChrisS.
EA sent us over a note, wanting to remind users that you can still play Madden for free through tonight and that all of the newest NFL players drafted in the 2016 draft's first round are available in Madden Ultimate Team.
10:18 AM - May 2, 2016. Posted by MMChrisS.
Now that EA Sports has been out for a couple of months, we can take a bit of a breather and really re-assess how we feel about it.
Our review of EA Sports UFC 2 was pretty glowing, as we gave the game an 8 -- which is a great game on our scale. Looking back, most people also thought EA Sports UFC 2 was pretty good in our previous poll.
So what about now after a couple of patches and new content? Is EA Sports UFC 2 still everything you hoped for? Vote in our poll and leave a comment below on how you are liking the game!
09:53 AM - May 2, 2016. Posted by MMChrisS. Written by Fraser Gilbert
EA recently treated us to our first look at NHL 17 with the unveiling of a brand-new “Vision” trailer. Throughout the course of the video, numerous new features were hinted at, such as a World Cup Of Hockey mode and seemingly major improvements to Be A GM mode.
We’re going to have to wait a little longer to see what EA has in store for us, but in the meantime, I've drawn up a wishlist of the some of the most commonly requested features ahead of the game's release later this year.
Read More - NHL 17 Wishlist: Features We'd Love to See
Sunday, May 1, 2016
05:27 PM - May 1, 2016. Posted by Bullit. Written by Steve Noah
MLB The Show 16 patch 1.04 is available now, weighing in at 237 MB, check out the details below and let us know what you are seeing!
UPDATE: The developers are aware of the issues users are reporting. Users are currently reporting the dreaded "Challenge Failed" error, pitch speeds not displaying correctly, and other various online problems.
UPDATE #2: We rolled out some server changes to address the challenge failed messages. Is anyone still getting them?
We will update this post when we get more details.
- Dynamic Difficulty is now working as intended while batting.
- The ball trail option will now correctly correspond in-game if set to off, or fade.
- Several adjustments were made to the auto base running mechanics during offline game-play.
- Fixed an issue within RTTS while pitching with certain Perks equipped would result in a crash.
- Corrected the order in which the "Preloading a Throw” and “Double Play” tutorial appear.
- Following a Year to Year file upload in Road To The Show, the player card stats would display incorrect team and player info. This should now be corrected.
- Tweaks and adjustments were made to AI behavior and animations that should streamline game-play performance. Areas of adjustment include: Fielders tagging moving base runners, Routes to catch balls, running catch animations, Fielders correctly covering bases on complex double play situations, etc…
- Within Franchise mode, some generated or additional players were listed as born in “Alaska” instead of their correct place of origin. This should now be corrected and no longer happen.
- Adjustments made to both online and offline pitcher/reliever energy levels.
- New scanned heads added to update user’s experience following a year to year file upload.
- Fixed numerous hangs, crashes, soft locks, etc., reported by the community through the bug reporting tool.
- Sponsors should now give rewards.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a loss for users who requested a friendly quit at certain times.
- Resolved a number of freezing, soft locks, instability and crashes during online play.
- Fixed an issue where a pitch could occasionally change path on its’ way to the plate, shifting from inside the zone to outside the zone within a frame.
- Addressed an issue under certain circumstances a pitcher would automatically pitch when the batter came out of Batter's Eye Cam.
- Changes were made to the Batters Eye Cam: How long it can be used, how many times it can be accessed per at bat, etc… This should limit exploits, but keep the feature usable for its’ intended purpose.
- We’ve shortened the total amount of pause time from 6 minutes to 5 minutes during an online game.
- The pitchers pitch type interface will now be hidden if the batter is using Guess Pitch or Pitch History (L2 Button). This should help the user who is pitching understand when they can and cannot start the pitching motion.
- Fixed a bug where the user was not being awarded the “Free Swings” trophy in an Online Home Run Derby if specific operations were being performed.
- Resolved issues where in game intro/walk-up music would not play properly.
- Tuned commentary triggers to be more accurate in one-sided games.
- Reduced the amount of repetitive audio clips for specific players.
- Fixed an issue where player yells were being disabled through the controller within Road To The Show. An occasional sound burst could also occur during game-play.
- Various other general bug fixes.
11:20 AM - May 1, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve NoahEvery Sunday, we will get you caught up on the sports gaming news you might have missed during the week.
- Do You Care About Dangerous Hits in Madden?
- MLB The Show 16 Roster Update Details and New Challenge of the Week (4-25)
- Sam Bradford Wants Out Of Philadelphia, What Are His Options?
- Rocket League Basketball Mode "Hoops" & NBA Flag Pack Available Now
- Madden NFL 16 MUT Salary Cap Ranked Beta Available Now
- How Do You Feel About Card Modes? (Poll)
- NHL 17 Adds World Cup of Hockey, Team Relocation, Many Customization Options & More
- NHL 17 Cover Vote Begins Today, Post Your Prediction
- Need For Speed Game Update Available Now, Adds SpeedLists, Prestige Mode, Activities
- Discuss: General MLB Franchise Roster Management Tips
- The Madden NFL 16 Championship is Here, With $50,000 Top Prize
- It Is Time For the NFL Draft! (Discussion)
- Madden NFL 16's Mock Draft
- MLB The Show 16 Server Update #7 Change Notes
- OOTP 17 Update #4 Available Now, Here Are The Details
- How do you feel about your team's first round?
- Screenshots of the First Round Draft Picks in Madden NFL 16...
- Forza Motorsport 6: Apex Open Beta Arrives on May 5, System Requirements Revealed
- Play Madden NFL 16 Now Through May 2 For Free on Xbox One & PS4
Friday, April 29, 2016
10:36 AM - April 29, 2016. Posted by Steve_OS. Written by Steve Noah
For the few of you out there that haven't tried Madden NFL 16 yet, you can play it for free now through May 2 on Xbox One and PlayStation 4. You can also download and purchase the game at a discounted rate, during this time (PlayStation 4 ($19.79), Xbox One (Gold Member - $19.80).
Source - EA Sports