Our in-depth review of EA's World Cup title, does it match up to its big brother's greatness?
We talk to MK Knight, the Godfather of the ultra-realistic Full Minors Rosters here at OS.
A basic guide on soccer defense...
A look at the next-gen debut of the Trials franchise.
During the weekly NBA 2K14 livestream, hosted by LD2K and Ronnie2K, it was mentioned that a shoe update and patch #5 are both close to being submitted.
More details to coming soon. What are you hoping to see?
There are numerous offensive records in baseball which have stood the test of time. From Hack Wilson's (pictured above left) 191 RBIs in 1930 to Earl Webb's 67 doubles in 1931 -- there are records which are going to be incredibly tough to break with how the modern game is set up.
Which of the old offensive records in the Major League's major offensive stat categories will likely last the longest? Vote for one of the four major categories above and let us know any others you think will be impossible to break!
Editor's Note: Operation Sports' partner FanDuel is running an $18,000 Fantasy Baseball league tonight. It's $2 to enter, and first place wins $2,000. Click here to join.
There are certain things in life that you can count on annually, some good, some bad. If you’re a fan of SCEA San Diego’s MLB The Show series, one of the best is the arrival of the fully edited minor league roster set, O.S. Full Minors, released by OSer MK Knight (Mike). Mike has been working on roster edits for various games now for well over a decade, including such games as High Heat Baseball (PC) and the deceased NHL 2K series.
For the last seven years, though, Mike has switched all focus over to the MLB series. What started out as a one-man operation has now blossomed into a full scale production, with several key Operation Sports members joining the fold. Mike readily admits that although in the beginning it was just him, he is more of a facilitator now than anything.
Read More - MLB 14 The Show: The Godfather of Custom Ultra-Realistic Rosters
If you pre-order EA Sports UFC from select retailers, you will receive Day-One access to Royce Gracie. If you are not interested in pre-ordering, you can also unlock him by completing the career mode on the pro level.
This offer was revealed a couple of weeks ago, to unlock Bruce Lee.
For North America, EA Sports has only announced GameStop as a select retailer. You can pre-order for Xbox One here and PlayStation 4 here. Retailers from other regions are shown here.
The official MLB 14 The Show roster update for April 21 was released yesterday. Click here to see all of the details.
Registered users can download the offline file here, others can download here.
The PES 2014 patch 1.12 and data pack 5, announced last week for PC users, has arrived. You can download it here.
Every four years EA Sports gets to triple-dip and, essentially, sell three soccer games within the span of a year. The World Cup game is usually diminished in some aspects, serving as a side story to the generally substantial offerings in the annual releases. This year is a bit different in some regards, as 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil is a full-priced retail product rather than a download or expansion, and the developers at EA have tried to diversity the modes and gameplay offerings enough to satisfy those who might be curious to mix up the usual FIFA action.
Read More - 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Review (360/PS3)
After teasing it last week, Codemasters has revealed GRID Autosport this morning, shipping on June 24th for PC, 360 and PS3. Check out the trailer and screenshots.
Make sure to read the GRID Autosport blog, which includes details about handling, racing discipline, locations, career, experience, multiplayer, cockpit cameras and much more.
With many of you likely already well into your MLB 14 The Show modes, it's likely many of you are still looking for a good and balanced set of gameplay sliders to call your own.
The OS Community has been hard at work on a huge variety of slider sets, here are some of the more popular ones within the community at the moment:
Marino/Armor & Sword's Classic/Timed Sim Sliders
mlbguy4life Realistic Sliders
TNK 2014 Realism Sliders
ItBeme23 Veteran Hitting/A.S. Classic Pitching Sliders
nomo17k Stats Based CPU Sliders
Are you using any community slider sets? Be sure to share your custom sliders in our sliders forum for MLB 14 The Show.
The Major League Baseball season is an excruciatingly long, brutal 162 games.
Over the course of a season, injuries will mount, players will tire, and your team will go through peaks and valleys on your way to September's end point. When you build a team in MLB The Show, which of these four aspects do you focus on most to create success: A great nine-man lineup, your five man rotation, a deep and talented bullpen, or your overall depth to withstand any nasty injury surprises?
Which do you think is most important to focus on and why? Sound off by voting in our poll and leaving a comment on how you focus on building your team below!
Playing defense isn’t the most exciting thing in FIFA -- If anything it’s probably the least exciting. But you know what they say in many American sports: “Defense wins championships,” and the same logic applies in soccer, and playing FIFA.
This is a quick basic guide to all the key positions and roles in defense, what stats to look out for and some tips to make sure you’re playing better.
Read More - 2014 FiFA World Cup: Defensive Strategy Guide
The New York Knicks organization didn't hire Phil Jackson to be an iconic name slapped on a struggling franchise -- they brought him in for his insight towards building a championship contender.
If the first big move by Jackson says anything, Mike Woodson isn't the man to lead the Knicks as head coach anymore.
On the surface it may appear that the new Knicks president is pointing the blame squarely on Woodson and his staff, but chances are this is only the beginning. Once Jackson has the coach he wants -- and there's no reason to think he can't hand-pick someone for the coveted job -- players may start to see their jersey color and city of residence change.
Sound Off: What changes need to take place for the New York Knicks to be a winning basketball team?
- David Moyes to be sacked as Manchester United manager.
- The 30th highest paid professional athlete in sports hasn't played in two years.
- Gomez ejected after bench-clearing brawl in Pirates-Brewers game.
- Blake Griffin dumps water on a Golden State fan after fouling out. [Animated Gif]
- Ever get the feeling you're being watched? [Image]
Check out the latest MLB 14 The Show video featuring the dynamic batting and fielding cameras in the PS4 version.
MLB 14 The Show ships on May 6th for PS4. Find out more about the game on our official page.
- Trials Fusion Trick Guide
- EA Sports UFC Interview with Director Brian Hayes
- Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 Patch 1.12 and Data Pack 5 Arrives on April 22 For PC
- Codemasters Teasing New GRID Game
- PES Manager Coming Soon to iOS and Android Devices - Screenshots Included
- EA Sports UFC Screenshots - Bisping, Liz Carmouche, Browne & Nurmagomedov
- iOOTP Baseball 2014 Released!
- The Golf Club Early Access Available Now on Steam For $29.99 - Post Your Impressions
- MLB 14 The Show Video and Screenshot Captures - Baseball Is Better on PS4
- MLB 14 The Show Roster Update - Official April 14 Details, Offline File Available
- EA Sports Simulation Crowns Bruins as Stanley Cup Champions
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Available Now, Post Your Impressions
- NBA 2K14 Video - NBA Playoffs (Shady00018)
- MLB 14 The Show - Creating Your Player in Road to the Show (PS4)
- MLB 14 The Show Livestream (PS4)
- Road Redemption Arrives in August For PC, Later For 360 & Wii U - Try Alpha For $40
- OlliOlli Scheduled to Arrive on PS3, PS4 and PC on July 22nd
- MLB 14 The Show Video and Screenshot Captures - New Fielding Ball Marker (PS4)
Features & Blogs
- Trials Fusion Review (PS4/Xbox One)
- Operation Sports - Dual Threat Podcast: Season 2 - Episode 33: Easter Week
- Out of the Park Baseball 15: Preview Build Impressions
- Press Row Podcast - PAX East 2014 Panel
- Sports Daily: The No Win Situation
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Reviewer Impressions
- R.B.I. Baseball 14 Review (360/PS3)
- Sound Off: How Important is the #1 Seed, Really?
- The Top Five Console Baseball Sims Not Named The Show
- Sound Off: NBA Conference Disparity, Should It Be Fixed?
- Retro Rewind: Windjammers, and Why it Should Come Back
- Operation Sports - Dual Threat Podcast: Season 2 - Episode 32: Spring Games Week
- Sports Daily: Getting It Wrong With Replay Edition
- Kinect Sports Rivals Review (Xbox One)
For those of you looking for some tips to get gold in Trails Fusion career mode skill challenges, GoodGameBro has posted their guide to pull off every trick in the game.
Just in case you missed it, we posted our Trials Fusion review this morning.